ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 335
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:08 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. He didn't want to go to war with Robert Baratheon. He's have got his head bashed in with a war hammer. And weren't they pissed at each other for Roberts decision to not punish the mountain for splitting those kids' heads against the wall?

Their relationship wasn't especially good. She resented him the whole time. I think I read somewhere that she never wanted to marry him after Branden died. She was pissed at him for having basically PTSD after the war. She loves her kids and like all Tulleys are fully committed to their house which means stay married to the Stark family.

Better than watching the Mountain come bash his head against the wall.
Great breakdown. This thought process also probably provides some insight into why Ned was so incensed by the attempts to kill Daenerys Targaryen. He sees how quickly it could be Jon at the end of the assassin's knife.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:24 AM 06-24-2015
Changing the subject a little bit here but I have been looking for other books to read since I have finished GoT for the second time and I ran into this gem called Blood Song by Anthony Ryan. I am about 120 pages in and I can't stop reading it. I will probably have it all read before the end of the week. Just thought I would suggest it to anyone looking for a good mid evil type warrior books dashed with a little bit of magic.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:46 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Changing the subject a little bit here but I have been looking for other books to read since I have finished GoT for the second time and I ran into this gem called Blood Song by Anthony Ryan. I am about 120 pages in and I can't stop reading it. I will probably have it all read before the end of the week. Just thought I would suggest it to anyone looking for a good mid evil type warrior books dashed with a little bit of magic.
First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Read it if you haven't.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen was recommended to me by someone on here and has not been disappointing in the slightest.
[Reply]
Hawk 09:46 AM 06-24-2015
The other reason Ned didn't tell Catelyn is that he promised Lyanna he wouldn't tell anyone the truth, including Catelyn. The book doesn't come right out and say that, but some of Ned's thoughts about the price he paid to keep his promise sort of implied it. And if Ned makes a promise...he's going to keep it.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:24 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I get that it needed to be a big secret. Did he not trust his wife to keep it?
Catelyn didn't have it in her to keep a secret like that, and I highly doubt she would have wanted a Targaryan living under her roof. Shit, all of Westeros would have marched on Winterfell if they found out a Targaryan descendent in line for the throne was living there.

Originally Posted by Hawk:
The other reason Ned didn't tell Catelyn is that he promised Lyanna he wouldn't tell anyone the truth, including Catelyn. The book doesn't come right out and say that, but some of Ned's thoughts about the price he paid to keep his promise sort of implied it. And if Ned makes a promise...he's going to keep it.
This
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:27 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Read it if you haven't.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen was recommended to me by someone on here and has not been disappointing in the slightest.
They will be next on my list

I might have asked you this before but I assume you are a Dune fan?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:29 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
They will be next on my list
If you start in the Malazan series, be prepared to not read anything else for a while.

It starts with a 10-book cycle that is several thousand pages all together. And there are six more books beyond that.

It's worth it, though. Incredible stuff.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:32 AM 06-24-2015
They didn't even like eachother when they got married. Sure they grew closer, but it was best for everyone if she thought the child was Ned's. Prevent any accidental slip up. Or her thinking she could trust someone and saying it.. You know how women work.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:35 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by RustShack:
They didn't even like eachother when they got married. Sure they grew closer, but it was best for everyone if she thought the child was Ned's. Prevent any accidental slip up. Or her thinking she could trust someone and saying it.. You know how women work.
Cat was engaged to Eddard's brother Brandon, right up until he stopped being alive.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:05 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If you start in the Malazan series, be prepared to not read anything else for a while.

It starts with a 10-book cycle that is several thousand pages all together. And there are six more books beyond that.

It's worth it, though. Incredible stuff.
I haven't read the Esslemont books, but Erikson's ten are certainly worth it. Maybe the best ended of all the long epic fantasy sagas. They are not light reading, though.

Anything by Joe Abercrombie or Mark Lawrence is also worth it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:36 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I haven't read the Esslemont books, but Erikson's ten are certainly worth it. Maybe the best ended of all the long epic fantasy sagas. They are not light reading, though.

Anything by Joe Abercrombie or Mark Lawrence is also worth it.
You can probably skip Night of Knives, the first of his novels (it's a short read, though), but the rest are very interesting and add quite a bit of nice weaving to the mythos.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:12 PM 06-24-2015

[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:16 PM 06-24-2015
Just got caught up on GoT by watching the final 2 episodes on the DVR.

first ... George R.R. Martin is a seriously twisted fuck.

secondly ... nobody really left to care, i hope the white walkers kill the entire world.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:21 PM 06-24-2015
Next season, we'll find out that the White Walkers are just misunderstood and they are really good guys at heart.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:29 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Did you see that they're also going to have Euron?

I wonder if they're going to avoid the wall for the majority of the season ala Bran and then do Jon's resurrection as the finale with the Tower of Joy flashback to open E10.
Mother of fuck.

The ironborn again?

Dammit. Oh well, just keep Lady Stoneheart out of it A) because she sucks and B) it will piss off a fair segment of book readers that still think she's somehow worthwhile.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 335
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up