ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone else think we'll be fine?
Titty Meat 06:10 PM 09-26-2021
Offense isnt going to turn it over this much every game and theres some correctable things on defense to make them a top 20 unit. With some winnable games coming up I don't see reason to worry.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:43 PM 09-27-2021
All the more reason to put Jones back inside.

- Clark (IF healthy and available)
- Reed
- Jones
- Okafor

is miles better than

- Clark
- Reed
- Nnadi
- Jones

imho. Jones is just THAT good inside, and Veach thought he could paint over the Clark foible this year and beginning next year by moving an All-Pro talent to a position where he may not even be a borderline Pro Bowler. Bite the bullet and put your best lineup out there.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 12:45 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
They will bounce back for sure. I see them making the playoffs but making it to The Super Bowl will be a tough task for sure. It’s got to be mentally and physically exhausting to do what the Chiefs have done the past 3 years. Hard to maintain that edge and drive. Other teams are just hungrier right now for what the Chiefs have already achieved.
Patriots say they want you to hold their beers
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:02 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Patriots say they want you to hold their beers
The Patriots never won 4 consecutive AFCCGs, which is one goal the Chiefs are trying to accomplish this season, in their first 4 tries.
[Reply]
TEX 01:04 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The Patriots never won 4 consecutive AFCCGs, which is one goal the Chiefs are trying to accomplish this season, in their first 4 tries.
This will be their 3rd win in a row, if they get there. They lost the 1st one to the Pats. Remember D Ford?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:04 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
*hosted
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:06 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
This will be their 3rd win in a row, if they get there. They lost the 1st one to the Patdls.
lol, apparently I need more coffee. :-)

Well... that's still pretty good and difficult!

Carry on.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:12 PM 09-27-2021
If the Chiefs play anything close to their A game, no team in the AFC is beating them in a playoff game or a critical game down the stretch of the regular season.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:20 PM 09-27-2021
We won a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I wake up every morning and the first thing I see is the "Super Bowl LIV Champions" towel on my wall.

The rest of this is gravy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:24 PM 09-27-2021
We'll be fine. Two bounces away from 3 and 0 not playing even close to their best foot ball. Could really be 0 and 3 though too...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:27 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Sorensen is constantly out of fucking position.
While I think we'll be fine, and while I thank Dirty Dan profusely for the outstanding plays he made in our championship season, you're absolutely right. I don't know what Thornhill did to get into Reid's doghouse, but they need to mend that fence and get him on the field. Dirty Dan is a huge liability at this point. He's just guessing, imo. Sometimes he's right and makes a play, but more often than not he's way out of position and it's killing us.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:33 PM 09-27-2021
We committed 4 turnovers yesterday and still almost won.

We would've beat Baltimore if not for some bad playcalling and an untimely fumble.

None of this is not fixable. It would be a lot more concerning if we were getting blasted and not making mistakes.

We will be just fine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:37 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
We'll be fine. Two bounces away from 3 and 0 not playing even close to their best foot ball. Could really be 0 and 3 though too...
This is a tough part of our schedule so that's not crazy. I fully expect all three of the teams we've played thus far to be in the playoffs.

It's weird how the NFL works too. We absolutely had no business beating the Browns. Conversely, we definitely should have beaten the Ravens (11 point lead with the ball deep into the 3rd quarter) and Chargers (-4 turnover diff and still only lost by one score).. and yet here we are sitting at 1-2 having won the game we shouldn't have and lost the two we shouldn't have.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:39 PM 09-27-2021
The Buffalo game will determine if we are "fine."

If we don't get pressure on Allen we will likely lose and that won't bode well for the postseason.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:53 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is a tough part of our schedule so that's not crazy. I fully expect all three of the teams we've played thus far to be in the playoffs.
This is exactly what I pointed out to a friend who asked me the exact question of the thread.

Those teams will likely be playoff teams. They all have good defenses. The defensive lines of all 3 have star pass rushers. And, we have a new OL that is trying to gel.

It is a bit troubling with the points we are giving up right now, but also look at the qb's we've faced. The first 4 out of 5 games are playoff teams in the AFC. We've kind of shot ourselves in the foot by losing to those types of teams, but it is what it is and you just have to make yourself better. Hammock is right - we can't lose to Buffalo.

Hopefully Sunday we get the ship righted and get our heads out of our asses. Difference is the turnovers.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:54 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lol wut
We should not have re-signed Jones. He is a pass rusher exclusively and terrible against the run. For the $ we should have moved on. Now we are forced with finding a spot for him. I like Jones but paying him what we are for what he does didn't make a lot of sense. He is not Donald.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up