ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 172
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
seaofred 10:06 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Hey now!! I love the blacked out look lol
I love the "flat" black bikes.
[Reply]
Dayze 10:38 AM 05-15-2014
me too; my brother has a flat black Night Train and it looks so killer.
[Reply]
seaofred 10:40 AM 05-15-2014
Really thinking about this bike as something to cruise around on.

[Reply]
Dayze 10:42 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Popping off throttle is general an indication of a lean condition so it sounds like you’re already on the right track in looking all around for vacuum or exhaust leaks.
I agree. I'll probably mess with it this weekend.
I did have to loosen the header pipe at the cylinder to slightly tilt the exhaust to get the stock mufllers off and install the new slip-ons. though, the 02 sensor is 'down-stream' from the flange. So, I 'think' the ECM compensate for any leak at the header/cylinder?

maybe I need to replace the gasket/s at the slip-on / header pipe. I'm thinking this might be the case. maybe it's sucking in a little air at that joint under decel. though I'll check the other crap before I take off the slip-ons. not a difficult task, just a bit of a pain.

:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:43 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Really thinking about this bike as something to cruise around on.

hell yeah. perfect for bombing aound town.
bobbers rule.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:50 AM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I love the "flat" black bikes.
That's what my fatbob is, once i get the handlebars on and the new exhaust system (along with the other cosmetics) i'll post more pics
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:40 PM 05-15-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I agree. I'll probably mess with it this weekend.
I did have to loosen the header pipe at the cylinder to slightly tilt the exhaust to get the stock mufllers off and install the new slip-ons. though, the 02 sensor is 'down-stream' from the flange. So, I 'think' the ECM compensate for any leak at the header/cylinder?

maybe I need to replace the gasket/s at the slip-on / header pipe. I'm thinking this might be the case. maybe it's sucking in a little air at that joint under decel. though I'll check the other crap before I take off the slip-ons. not a difficult task, just a bit of a pain.

:-)

Don’t you have a Harley? Do they use the same copper donut exhaust gaskets as ricers? If so they’re a one-time deal, once the seal is broken you might as well pull the header and replace all four, er two :-). They rarely ever reseal.
Your EFI will probably compensate for the leaner condition in the cylinder but you’ll still get much better exhaust flow with the header properly sealed at the cylinder head.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 12:52 PM 05-15-2014
i'm diagnosing some popping I'm getting out of the exhaust under decelerations/engine breaking. mostly around 3rd gear. Driving me nuts. hopefully I can find a cheap fix; i really don't want to shell out for a power commander and subsequent dyno run.

I'm dying for some new bars. I'm trying to determine if I need a cable and wiring extension kit if I go from 10" to 12". I think I might be ok. I could always try and if the clutch/brake/throttle /wiring isn't long enough, i could always order the kit. I'm thinking it might be a winter project though. which sucks. I figure while I'm at it, I might as well get the white coke bottle grips I want and relocate the turn signals to the forks while I have everything apart.

I think I'm going with the Wild 1 12" Chubby's. There are some other good ones out there, but I like the narrow glide - and I think the base of them is 8 or 10". and there's less pull back than others too. and the knurling at the bottom makes me feel better too.
dude, get some apes with the wires inside the bars, such a clean look!
[Reply]
Dayze 01:55 PM 05-15-2014
Yep; I’m thinking the gasket at the head is fine. But there is a bizarre gasket between the header pipe and slip on; looks like an SOS pad. I forget what it’s called.
Maybe it’s sucking in some air from that spot……this whole thing is just odd considering it just now started happening.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:55 PM 05-15-2014
the bars are drilled for internal wiring. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 01:50 PM 05-19-2014
not as much poppping on decel today. still there, but not 'as' much. would the warmer weather have anything to do wit it? since cold air is less dense etc.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:27 AM 05-28-2014
Riding with my brother yesterday and saw this as we approached from the North at Renner & 435; just had to pull off for a closer look. I think there were about 1200 flags planted into the ground by the Boy Scouts. It was awesome in person.

'Murica

[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:15 AM 05-28-2014
not as much poppping on decel today. still there, but not 'as' much. would the warmer weather have anything to do wit it? since cold air is less dense etc.
Sure. Like you said, warm air isn't as dense so your engine runs just a touch richer.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:19 AM 05-28-2014
The girl cleaned up for a day of riding
Attached: IMAG0187.jpg (214.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Dayze 10:41 AM 05-28-2014
I had a very similar RR. it didn't have the flames, but the Orange and Black paint scheme. loved that bike.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 172
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up