ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 172
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
seaofred 10:19 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yearly Chiefs Planet ride? :-)
That could be fun. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:21 AM 10-01-2013
This would definitely be something I'd be down for. Maybe have a small fee to donate to a charity or something depending on the size? or just have some group rides etc.; grab some BBQ at some out of the way spots.
[Reply]
seaofred 12:21 PM 10-01-2013
So, the salesmen e-mailed me back on the 2013 Road Glide Custom. Asked me if I had anything to trade in, then told me how I have EXPENSIVE taste and asked if I've see it in person. Never told me the price. I find that so frustrating. Why respond to my question and not answer the original question. So very frustrating. I e-mailed him back told him I might trade in my 2007 Vulcan and again asked the price. 2 hours later, no response.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:46 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
So, the salesmen e-mailed me back on the 2013 Road Glide Custom. Asked me if I had anything to trade in, then told me how I have EXPENSIVE taste and asked if I've see it in person. Never told me the price. I find that so frustrating. Why respond to my question and not answer the original question. So very frustrating. I e-mailed him back told him I might trade in my 2007 Vulcan and again asked the price. 2 hours later, no response.
yep; it's frustrating. If it's new, they shouldn't have any issues providing you with a price in a perfect world. I encountered the same thing in PERSON at Rawhide. The guy kept dancing around it; saying "well, we can make the numbers work" etc.
uh....yeah, I'm not interested in what my payments will be. Give me the price and let me worry about the term.

gd
[Reply]
seaofred 01:51 PM 10-01-2013
Yeah, still no response, almost 4 hrs. later. So, I will look elsewhere.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:53 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Yeah, still no response, almost 4 hrs. later. So, I will look elsewhere.
yep. that's what I did.
I visited Worth 2 Saturdays ago; they checked in twice during the week to see if I was still interested etc. I called them after Rawhide seemed to not be interested; set up an appointment; haggled for about 20 minutes, and was out of there with a new bike (well, not 'with' but you get the point) about 2 hours later.
Painless.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:21 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yearly Chiefs Planet ride? :-)
I could be down for that, but only if we surround then stop an SUV so we can drag the driver out and beat the shit out of them, cause that’s how real bikers end their ride.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:24 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
I could be down for that, but only if we surround then stop an SUV so we can drag the driver out and beat the shit out of them, cause that’s how real bikers end their ride.
That's how real bikers BEGIN their ride, sir.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:25 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Zeke:
That's how real bikers BEGIN their ride, sir.
Ok, we can begin it that way too.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:46 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Well I'll admit that I've come across some SUV drivers that I wanted to do that. Just this morning I found myself yelling at some old hag that cut me off. She wasn't in an SUV, though. It was a caddy.
[Reply]
TheUte 04:28 PM 10-01-2013
Have you ever ridden a Road Glide?
[Reply]
Dayze 09:18 PM 10-01-2013
Bike is great. Rotated the bars forward. Only got a short view of in the sun and it looks unfucking believable. Managed a quick 20 mile city ride before calling it a night.

I will post pics when I can.

Note....the seat sucks lol. But, I didn't buy it for comfort.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:47 AM 10-02-2013
Arrived yesterday right on time :-) :-)

already rotated the bars forward and controls rolled back (not in this picture)
Now I need to put 1000 miles on it for it's first service and winterization. :-) Hopefully it'll stay warm enough to log some miles.

[Reply]
seclark 07:50 AM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Arrived yesterday right on time :-) :-)

already rotated the bars forward and controls rolled back (not in this picture)
Now I need to put 1000 miles on it for it's first service and winterization. :-) Hopefully it'll stay warm enough to log some miles.

pretty frickin sweet ride, dayze.
you need to get your ol off her ass and fire up the weedeater, though.
:-)
sec
[Reply]
vailpass 07:52 AM 10-02-2013
Nice! Is she loud?
[Reply]
Page 27 of 172
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up