ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 172
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:42 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
:-)
I hosed up a chicks mirror when she was texting and came over into my lane from the left. I swatted her mirror like I was playing wack a mole at the county fair. screwed that mirror up.

I firmly believe you should be ticketed if looking at your phone while driving/if a cop sees it or whatever.
This!
Its almost worse then a drunk driver. Same thing happened to me earlier in the week. I just looked at her like WTF? Shaking my head.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:44 PM 08-02-2013
I hosed up a chicks mirror when she was texting and came over into my lane from the left. I swatted her mirror like I was playing wack a mole at the county fair. screwed that mirror up.

I firmly believe you should be ticketed if looking at your phone while driving/if a cop sees it or whatever.
Yea that's probably a lot safer than my old steelies dealio.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:54 PM 08-02-2013
Sure wish I knew what they are going to do with the ZX14 next. I can't find any information on it at all, not even a rumor.
[Reply]
seaofred 02:08 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by jd1020:
This guy gets pretty good reviews for his custom seats and has been featured in rider magazine...

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

You send in your stock seat and he replaces the foam and reshapes it to how you ride.
Thanks, but I was really wanting one that doesn't look like the stock one. Really wanting to change to a solo seat.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:11 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Thanks, but I was really wanting one that doesn't look like the stock one. Really wanting to change to a solo seat.
Then you're probably going to want to keep your eyes on ebay and craigslist for a used corbin or something, because they dont come cheap new.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:59 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Sure wish I knew what they are going to do with the ZX14 next. I can't find any information on it at all, not even a rumor.
come to think of it, I haven't heard either.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:06 PM 08-02-2013
come to think of it, I haven't heard either.
I put miles on my bikes pretty quick. I might flip this one for a new one in the spring. I really want to see what they are going to do though so I know whether I want to throw a Brocks alien head on this one or hold off and put one on the new one. Those suckers are expensive. I usually look for something that somebody else has already thrown their bank book at but I was not walking away from this one for 6k with 8k miles on it in mint condition. I could flip it right now and get 7500 easy.
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 01:36 PM 08-25-2013
I used to like "trials competition" when I was young -- these guys look like they're having fun. for those who arent familiar -- the objective is to complete an abstract course with as few touches to the ground by boot as possible

[Reply]
Psyko Tek 02:20 PM 08-25-2013
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm thinking of getting one of these, so I can do the hand wavy thing with other motorcycle owners:

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/forza.aspx
sorry donger, we don't wave at scooters
[Reply]
Dayze 05:08 PM 08-25-2013
Interesting, Scooters are definitely a great option for quick and cheap commuting. But I'm surprised at the price point for that. You could get a great motorcycle for way less than that.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 10:33 AM 09-11-2013
Saw an ad for Indian Motorcycles last night and thought of this topic.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/home

I’m surprised only in that there have been many attempts to resurrect the Indian name that all flamed out into nothing more than Indian logo adorned apparel.
Glad to see they finally got the backing necessary to make it happen. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 11:20 AM 09-11-2013
I've been waivering back and forth about getting another bike. if I do, I really think it'll either be a Bobber style, or a Ducati Monster. I know, two ends of the spectrum, but they've always appealed to me. Both would kick ass in their own way.
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:25 AM 09-11-2013
I've been waivering back and forth about getting another bike. if I do, I really think it'll either be a Bobber style, or a Ducati Monster. I know, two ends of the spectrum, but they've always appealed to me. Both would kick ass in their own way.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa....DUCATI!
[Reply]
Dayze 11:53 AM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa....DUCATI!
yeah. a Duc has been my dream. I used to want the 748, 998, etc. but I'm too old and don't want to go to jail lol

I test rode the Monster 698 and 1100, and both were kick ass. That 1100....whoa. Torque, torque and more torque. Love the SR800 and 1000, priced pretty reasonable used. Wish they still made them.

I'll most certainly opt for a 2v/Cyl engine so I can check my valves and do any adjustments a lot easier.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:23 PM 09-11-2013
I’m just not a cruiser fan. Sure, I’m glad Indian is making a comeback but cruisers have just never appealed to me.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 172
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up