ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 172
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 12:32 PM 07-16-2013
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
wtf he had to be drunk or something haha that was funny
you'd think that after slamming face first into a truck, he'd call it a day, right? But no, it ain't over until he superman's into the pit. I've haven't laugh so hard in a while until I watched this vid. It's just like, wow. :-)
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 02:01 PM 07-16-2013
lol ya note to self, dont ride scooter in highly populated construction areas while wasted
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:04 PM 07-16-2013
What do you guys use to bead your shield? This early morning mountain fog is killing me.
[Reply]
seaofred 04:15 PM 07-16-2013
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
What do you guys use to bead your shield? This early morning mountain fog is killing me.
RainEx Fog.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:23 PM 07-16-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
RainEx Fog.
Thanks, Somebody was telling about something called plexus? Have to do my due diligence
[Reply]
frankotank 06:31 AM 07-17-2013
Thanks, Somebody was telling about something called plexus? Have to do my due diligence
I use Plexus...but it's expensive. gonna keep the rainex version in mind when my Plexus runs out.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:35 AM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
no only is your old bike mucho like what I'm riding now (post 142)....but you just bought what I want. that bike is BAD ASS! good on ya.

I'll bet my helmet is cooler than yours though! :-)

GO BLUE!

PS - I've had this for years and I almost NEVER see other helmets painted to match a team. it's a GREAT idea.....and nobody does it.
Well, I suppose if you like Michigan it's a cool helmet. I wouldn't be opposed to wearing a KU helmet if they made one. Here is my current helmet. The wife thinks is ugly. :-)
Attached: Flaming skull helmet top.jpg (19.8 KB) 
[Reply]
frankotank 08:13 AM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Well, I suppose if you like Michigan it's a cool helmet. I wouldn't be opposed to wearing a KU helmet if they made one. Here is my current helmet. The wife thinks is ugly. :-)
that's pretty cool.
I spent 80 bucks to get that helmet painted.
just surprised me I don't see more. I've seen a Mizzou one and I've seen a Nebraska one....but that's it.
it's a cool idea if you have a football team you root for...cause...you know....it's a HELMET!
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 08:57 AM 07-17-2013
I use Plexus...but it's expensive. gonna keep the rainex version in mind when my Plexus runs out.
I ordered Plexus yesterday. Read somewhere that rainex isn't the best on plastic. Ordered a new shield too.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:17 AM 07-17-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
that's pretty cool.
I spent 80 bucks to get that helmet painted.
just surprised me I don't see more. I've seen a Mizzou one and I've seen a Nebraska one....but that's it.
it's a cool idea if you have a football team you root for...cause...you know....it's a HELMET!
Valentino Rossi wore this for a MotoGP race, said he had it painted like that because during a race he is actually yelling in his helmet like that.

[Reply]
seaofred 12:51 PM 08-02-2013
Really wanting to get an aftermarket seat for my 2007 Vulcan. Anyone know of a cheap place to get one?
[Reply]
jd1020 01:00 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Really wanting to get an aftermarket seat for my 2007 Vulcan. Anyone know of a cheap place to get one?
This guy gets pretty good reviews for his custom seats and has been featured in rider magazine...

http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

You send in your stock seat and he replaces the foam and reshapes it to how you ride.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:07 PM 08-02-2013
on the way to work today, I saw a HD Street glide in the grass median around 69hwy and 119th. I drove by (traffic down to one lane), and a wrecker was pulling out the mangled HD (covered in grass/sod chunks etc). I only saw two cars on the opposite North Bound lanes pulled over. both of them talking with police etc.

Not sure what happened. All I know is a fresh rain after a few days of dry weather is the worst time to ride.

Hope the rider was ok. I didn't see him on the scene so he may have already been taken away.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:22 PM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
on the way to work today, I saw a HD Street glide in the grass median around 69hwy and 119th. I drove by (traffic down to one lane), and a wrecker was pulling out the mangled HD (covered in grass/sod chunks etc). I only saw two cars on the opposite North Bound lanes pulled over. both of them talking with police etc.

Not sure what happened. All I know is a fresh rain after a few days of dry weather is the worst time to ride.

Hope the rider was ok. I didn't see him on the scene so he may have already been taken away.
In Oakland today they had a bike go down and then some a-hole in a black SUV came around the corner on 3rd street and lost control at approximately 90 MPH and flipped landing right on the guy who wrecked his bike. Unbelievable.

Had another texting Chinese kid come right at me when I was just maintain my lane again. Worst thing was just like the last after almost taking me out he resumes texting. I need to get me some steelies again.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:29 PM 08-02-2013
In Oakland today they had a bike go down and then some a-hole in a black SUV came around the corner on 3rd street and lost control at approximately 90 MPH and flipped landing right on the guy who wrecked his bike. Unbelievable.

Had another texting Chinese kid come right at me when I was just maintain my lane again. Worst thing was just like the last after almost taking me out he resumes texting. I need to get me some steelies again.
:-)
I hosed up a chicks mirror when she was texting and came over into my lane from the left. I swatted her mirror like I was playing wack a mole at the county fair. screwed that mirror up.

I firmly believe you should be ticketed if looking at your phone while driving/if a cop sees it or whatever.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 172
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up