ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 172
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 01:19 PM 09-20-2015
Originally Posted by jd1020:
First bike? Is it just me that thinks it's a terrible idea to be looking at a 1200cc motorcycle as a first bike?
I'd saw its ok from a twin/power perspective that it won't get you into trouble. But maybe a bit of a risk to drop that kind of money at first considering most will lay it down within the first year (any "new" bike really $) Not everyone, certainly. But might be a better idea to get a cheaper one right out of the gate to where if you lay it down or dump it in a parking lot etc, you won't be out a shitload of money. Get your feet wet for a few months etc. see if riding is even your thing.

Some folks think they'll want to ride or think they'll ride more than than they actually will etc. so it's always a balancing act of how much $ you want to spend compared to how much riding you'll do.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:47 AM 09-22-2015
Too early for a roll call for BBB?

Headed out from Olathe, KS Thursday afternoon/evening. Staying with my dad in Bella Vista, AR. My brother is going to a concert on Friday night somewhere near the rally; no exactly which day/s we'll be at the rally to people watch/bike watch. I know this year we're not riding 'as' much as we did last year. Definitely riding through Eureka Springs again. Other than that I'm not sure where we're riding while we're down there. Last year we were up at dawn and returned to Bella Vista at sundown each day. Probably won't be that much riding this year but we'll definitely clock some miles.

anyone going who might want to hook up for a beer and shoot the shit, post in this thread and maybe we can work it out. My group this year is only my brother and I.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:43 AM 09-22-2015
If I had a place to crash or set up my tent I would definitely go but I don't know if I can get something figured out in time to put together..would love to ride down there and hang out for a couple days
[Reply]
Dayze 06:48 AM 09-22-2015
yeah, it's a huge rally and shit gets booked up really fast and super early in the season. I'm pretty fortunate that I don't have to deal with that, with my dad living down there etc. the roads are immaculate down there. if not this year, you owe it to yourself to check it out at some point. curves for MILES. so many cool sites to stop and see while down there too. pretty much can ride in any direction and have a good time.

i heard that the Pig Trail is closed though; I guess it was washed out or something with all the rain etc. THAT road is fun. Worth the trip just for that.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:57 AM 09-22-2015
That might just be a trip I take to hit the roads and waste a few days on next year on my way to Texas then..I always heard it is beautiful down there and a perfect place to own a motorcycle
[Reply]
Dayze 07:01 AM 09-22-2015
yeah, it's definitely some perfect riding down there. hell, worth it even during non-rally time. been to one rally, been to them all for the most part etc.
you really forget how awesome the roads are down there once you're back up here in KC etc. each time I get back down there I'm still grinning ear to ear like I've never been there before.

beautiful down there.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:07 AM 09-22-2015
Hell we might have to throw a CP bike rally and go scare the women and children of Arkansas for a few days next summer
[Reply]
Lzen 07:11 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Hell we might have to throw a CP bike rally and go scare the women and children of Arkansas for a few days next summer
In!
[Reply]
Dayze 07:14 AM 09-22-2015
In.

and a pre-emptive 'would' to a wide variety of gals. we could hang out in Fayetteville and creep out the college gals.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:36 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
In.

and a pre-emptive 'would' to a wide variety of gals. we could hang out in Fayetteville and creep out the college gals.
College women always want the Ph.D my friends..heavy on the D
[Reply]
Dayze 07:45 AM 09-22-2015
well, I don't have that. but I did run a 5.2 40 in high school 20 years ago. so i've got that going for me.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:54 AM 09-22-2015
We will tell them a 5 flat..they won't know the difference
[Reply]
Dayze 07:56 AM 09-22-2015
good point.
if I suspect they're questioning me, I'll hit them up with my bench press numbers from 20 years ago.

I really think that should do it.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:04 AM 09-22-2015
Tell them you can kegal 25lbs..that will make them weak in the knees
[Reply]
KC native 08:14 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by jd1020:
First bike? Is it just me that thinks it's a terrible idea to be looking at a 1200cc motorcycle as a first bike?
I've ridden dirt bikes and my brother's R1 before.

It would be the first bike that I would own.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 172
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167 > Last »
Up