ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 277 of 297
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:43 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's got to be one of the most bad ass things I've ever seen in basketball.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
There was one play (in OT?) after a timeout. It was where Nowell was talking to the sideline and then suddenly it was an alley-oop. I said to the wife, that looked like a play designed to get the defense off guard. And it worked brilliantly.
Yeah, we (my parents and I) thought the same thing. Tang said after the game it wasn’t the case, he and Nowell were trying to call two different things and Nowell caught Johnson out of the corner of his eye and, those two having that Mahomes to Kelce off script chemistry (keeping with my argument), just fucking quick shoved the pass. An extremely quick glance that direction by Nowell before the pass is the only thing that keeps it from being a true no look pass but, he didn’t miss that no looker by more than a hair.

Anyway, regardless if the back and forth was designed or not, it had the same effect, and Nowell and Johnson cashed in on it with an exclamatory alley-oop for a reverse dunk. I was hard. I still am.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:18 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
Yeah, we (my parents and I) thought the same thing. Tang said after the game it wasn’t the case, he and Nowell were trying to call two different things and Nowell caught Johnson out of the corner of his eye and, those two having that Mahomes to Kelce off script chemistry (keeping with my argument), just ****ing quick shoved the pass. An extremely quick glance that direction by Nowell before the pass is the only thing that keeps it from being a true no look pass but, he didn’t miss that no looker by more than a hair.

Anyway, regardless if the back and forth was designed or not, it had the same effect, and Nowell and Johnson cashed in on it with an exclamatory alley-oop for a reverse dunk. I was hard. I still am.
It was clearly NOT designed. If/when your guy is sleeping, cut. Nowell is good/aware enough to get him the ball. My son's AAU team kills people similarly and it's never a planned thing.

Also, congrats to K-State fans! Been so fun to watch this team!
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:01 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Not you, dude. But you know the type.
LOL I know you're not talking about the Jayhawk fan in the thread. :-)

I actually don't know the type. Almost all the KSU grads/fans I'm around are pretty reasonable. At least around me. Somehow my wife seems to know a mountain of KSU asshats and they're all from South of Manhattan. I know they're out here though, I've just successfully insulated myself from them. I am unsuccessful at eliminating all douches, but I'm lucky on the KSU douche front.
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:13 PM 03-24-2023
Man, I am excited. Taking the train up to NYC tomorrow to catch the game with my teenage sons. Going to be fun.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:25 PM 03-24-2023
Found this breakdown very interesting.
Originally Posted by :

[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 07:37 PM 03-24-2023
Taylor is very good at breaking down plays.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:56 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL I know you're not talking about the Jayhawk fan in the thread. :-)

I actually don't know the type. Almost all the KSU grads/fans I'm around are pretty reasonable. At least around me. Somehow my wife seems to know a mountain of KSU asshats and they're all from South of Manhattan. I know they're out here though, I've just successfully insulated myself from them. I am unsuccessful at eliminating all douches, but I'm lucky on the KSU douche front.
I grew up in rural, south central Kansas. Usually these particular gentlemen use “Rock Chalk Gayhawk” as a standard greeting to KU fans.

Coincidentally, I find it much easier to be happy for KSU fans now that I’m out of the area.
[Reply]
Fish 10:57 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Found this breakdown very interesting.
I've seen that discussion quite a bit since the game. But I have to be honest, I believe them when they all say it was unscripted. Watching almost every single K-State game this season, that's just how Nowell is. I've said it before, he straight up has unreal Mahomes-like vision of the court. He sees passing lanes that most points guards are incapable of. And he halfway no-looks a lot of his passes in that regard.

Regardless, that was one of the most impressive K-State plays I've seen in a long time. :-)

Go Cats!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:54 AM 03-25-2023
Game day! Cmon lads!! Do it this time.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:58 AM 03-25-2023
Run to the battle!!

Originally Posted by :

[Reply]
kstater 12:23 PM 03-25-2023
We're getting over the hump today.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kstater 12:40 PM 03-25-2023

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:52 PM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by kstater:

That almost bring me to tears to see that recreation after 42 years.
[Reply]
notorious 01:20 PM 03-25-2023
Blackmon has some elevation on his jump shot. Dayum.
[Reply]
Page 277 of 297
« First < 177227267273274275276277 278279280281287 > Last »
Up