ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 94
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's possible. Just saying it does look similar to the design Cullen said he installed a few weeks back that ended up with CJ getting a sack.

But That looks exactly like a contain rush by Frank. When he actually tries to rush, he either gets his hands on the T's chest plate and tries to bullrush him, or he tries to get underneath the T's hands and tries to get around him to the outside; he isn't doing either of those in the clip.
Your best argument would be "When Clark actually tries to rush, he makes contact, has a gran mal seizure of some sort and starts spinning in circles to no effect..."

Because that's probably a more accurate representation of his 'plan' out there.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:13 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Love ya man, but you've gone over the top lately

Stats don't always tell the whole story, but they DO matter

For Clark to be tied with Reggie White is a major accomplishment, give him his due dude
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:21 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Your best argument would be "When Clark actually tries to rush, he makes contact, has a gran mal seizure of some sort and starts spinning in circles to no effect..."

Because that's probably a more accurate representation of his 'plan' out there.
Lol, fine, whatever. My point stands though. Two years ago I watched every snap Frank played in, and that's pretty much his standard contain rush; when he passrushes he actually physically engages the blocker, either with his hands on the chest plate or basically his shoulder. Also, when he's actually passrushing to the outside, he tries to get underneath and around the outside, he tends to fly by; when he contains, he stops right as he gets even with the QB; watch any game vs. BAL or BUF, it's the same over and over.

The whole "flying by" thing drove me crazy, mostly because it reminded me way too much of Dee Ford, but whatever.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:11 PM 01-24-2023
Would honestly love to know how people evaluate Clark compared to other DEs. Top 20, top 30? Top 50? I think he's absolutely miles down that list, but either way what's absolutely certain is the Bengals with have a plan for Jones, and they'll leave whatever 4th string guard/corpse they have left on Clark.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:19 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

For Clark to be tied with Reggie White is a major accomplishment, give him his due dude
He hasn't went way over the top. Just gotta match the homerism with a dose of reality.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:28 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He hasn't went way over the top. Just gotta match the homerism with a dose of reality.
I'm willing to bet even most of Clarks defenders are ready to move on next season, but when you're tied with an absolute legend in a crucial postseason stat... it just can't be hand waved away, it means something

Here is a sneak preview of the Cincy game...

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:33 PM 01-24-2023
I'm willing to bet even most of Clarks defenders are ready to move on next season, but when you're tied with an absolute legend in a crucial postseason stat... it just can't be hand waved away, it means something

Here is a sneak preview of the Cincy game...

All this is true, his playoff performance does mean something. His lack of a performance in the regular season also means something. It's infuriating to me that he was capable of playing this way and just basically chose not to for whatever reason.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:35 PM 01-24-2023
Only thing that will mean anything is if he sacks Burrow and is in his face all night.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:37 PM 01-24-2023
Its only two more games man, lets get behind him and hope for the best
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:40 PM 01-24-2023
bet frank takes another paycut to stay if he gets 3 more sacks in the postseason

chiefs aren't letting the all time leader in postseason sacks walk out the door
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:41 PM 01-24-2023
tell you what though...frank LUCKED OUT this postseason, facing two tackles who are basically rookies :-)

MAKE US PROUD SHARK
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:42 PM 01-24-2023

I always enjoy stats as a beginning to a conversation. I get annoyed when they're the end of one, though.

Because yes, sacks matter. But that's specifically why I posted that GIF - c'mon man, TELL me that play isn't demonstrative of Chris Jones clearly being a more impactful player than Frank Clark. He made that play happen. He absolutely wrecked the guts of that OL and flushed Lawrence through nothing more than simply being the baddest motherfucker on the field Saturday.

And I'm supposed to respond to "oh yeah, Clark has 13 sacks and Jones has zero..."

Watch 'em play and tell me that particular stat is anything more than boob bait.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:42 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Only thing that will mean anything is if he sacks Burrow and is in his face all night.
This is becoming an evergreen post.

And the results have been...not great.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:52 PM 01-24-2023
Its only two more games man, lets get behind him and hope for the best
Pretty much. Make the 'myth' the legend. Might as well.

As long as he puts up 'plus' games, games where his play helps the team win, awesome, let's freaking go. Whatever it takes to beat CIN, whether he gets a sack, or he helps get someone else a sack, or he forces a fumble, bats a pass, whatever. Just make some plays and help the team finally beat these guys.

Embrace your inner Dirty Dan, Frank. Make a big splashy play or help someone else make a big splashy play, and help this team get into the SB. That's all most of us want, and we'll forget about your regular seasons. Most of us, anyway.

Just Ring me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:53 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty much. Make the 'myth' the legend. Might as well.

As long as he puts up 'plus' games, games where his play helps the team win, awesome, let's freaking go. Whatever it takes to beat CIN, whether he gets a sack, or he helps get someone else a sack, or he forces a fumble, bats a pass, whatever. Just make some plays and help the team finally beat these guys.

Embrace your inner Dirty Dan, Frank. Make a big splashy play or help someone else make a big splashy play, and help this team get into the SB. That's all most of us want, and we'll forget about your regular seasons. Most of us, anyway.

Just Ring me.
This was me a year ago, man. And you can find the receipts in this very thread.

This was my attitude with this guy going into Cincy in 2022. I ain't gonna do it again.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 94
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up