ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 94
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:12 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao, how is he likeable? He's a piece of shit
I have not been happy with Clark's play the past couple of seasons. And yes, I wanted him cut. Still, I would like to know what, exactly, do you feel makes him a POS. I never got that impression.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:30 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sure, sure

find me a positive frank clark report since orlando returned, i dare ya
Sure.

Originally Posted by KC Hawks:

[Reply]
BossChief 02:10 PM 08-16-2022
Is that Frank in a wide 9?

His transformation has been wild.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:16 PM 08-16-2022
a week later he finds a single tweet :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:17 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
a week later he finds a single tweet :-)
Um, some of you guys need to go back and pay more attention to Clark in those hype clips. Clark is regularly beating OBJ in several of those. He's just easing up way before he gets anywhere near Pat. His get off is definitely a lot quicker than a year ago.

just saying.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:19 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Is that Frank in a wide 9?

His transformation has been wild.
Yep, he’s lost 35 pounds or so. They say he’s the fastest he’s ever been
[Reply]
threebag 09:09 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yep, he’s lost 35 pounds or so. They say he’s the fastest he’s ever been
Let’s hope. I don’t want him to suck another year in KC, we already have CEH for that
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 PM 08-16-2022
Not a believer just yet, but if Clark really is as improved as he has looked, the Chiefs are going to be very tough to beat.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:13 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Um, some of you guys need to go back and pay more attention to Clark in those hype clips. Clark is regularly beating OBJ in several of those. He's just easing up way before he gets anywhere near Pat. His get off is definitely a lot quicker than a year ago.

just saying.
Still just practice... Just saying...

I'll get excited when I see it during an actual game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:38 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

Oh, I concur wholeheartedly.

I lost faith in Clark about mid-season last year. So, saying anything positive about him now feels like cold ashes for sure.

But the facts are the facts: Clark is beating the tar about of OBJ in practice on a fairly regular basis. And he looked fast in the Bears game. Injuries aside, he's going to be a problem for opposing OTs this year. And at the end of the day, he's a smart football player. If he can get to his spot even a half step quicker, he can really affect the play even if he doesn't actually get a sack.

what I want to see is a more violent Frank. Sometimes I've felt like he could've really laid the wood on a tackle but for some reason chose to just make a fundamentally sound tackle. To really pique my interest, I'd have to see him really put the shoes to a ball-carrier before I'm sold on the new Frank Clark.

So, to be clear, I like the speed of the new Frank, but I still need to see a lot more before I buy into this Second Coming. To be specific, I'd have to see at least 4 sacks by Clark before the bye week. That'd be a sack each vs. Ryan, Brady, and Carr, the least mobile of the first seven opposing QBs. I have to believe that an above average DE (what the Chiefs paid for) could get at least one sack vs. the remaining four more mobile QBs. That's not a big ask, imo.

Which is why I thought Clark could reasonably expect to get at least 11 sacks this season. I mean, think about it: if he can get at least four sacks before the bye, then look at the remaining schedule in terms of opposing OLs.

Between the Titans, Jags, Texans, and Seahawks (four of the worst OLS in the league) how could Frank not get at least 3-4 sacks? With either Dunlap or Karlaftis holding down the other side? If Clark is at least 75% as smart as I think he is, he should feast in those 8 games. 6-8 sacks aren't unreasonable.

Which leaves 6 whole games to manufacture just three or four sacks.

Really he should blow that number out of the water, but last season's performance wrecked my confidence in my own eyes. If I was right all along, then Frank should tally at least 12 or 13 sacks in the 2022 regular season.

But just reading that makes me cringe a little. I don't believe it myself.

At this point I'll settle for just timely sacks over numbers. I'll easily accept 6-8 sacks on the season if they're all pivotal moments. No one remembers every sack of Reggie's last season. What they remember is his last sacks. His game-changing sacks. Give me that and I could care less just how many Frank gets this year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:57 PM 08-16-2022
Oh, I concur wholeheartedly.

I lost faith in Clark about mid-season last year. So, saying anything positive about him now feels like cold ashes for sure.

But the facts are the facts: Clark is beating the tar about of OBJ in practice on a fairly regular basis. And he looked fast in the Bears game. Injuries aside, he's going to be a problem for opposing OTs this year. And at the end of the day, he's a smart football player. If he can get to his spot even a half step quicker, he can really affect the play even if he doesn't actually get a sack.

what I want to see is a more violent Frank. Sometimes I've felt like he could've really laid the wood on a tackle but for some reason chose to just make a fundamentally sound tackle. To really pique my interest, I'd have to see him really put the shoes to a ball-carrier before I'm sold on the new Frank Clark.

So, to be clear, I like the speed of the new Frank, but I still need to see a lot more before I buy into this Second Coming. To be specific, I'd have to see at least 4 sacks by Clark before the bye week. That'd be a sack each vs. Ryan, Brady, and Carr, the least mobile of the first seven opposing QBs. I have to believe that an above average DE (what the Chiefs paid for) could get at least one sack vs. the remaining four more mobile QBs. That's not a big ask, imo.

Which is why I thought Clark could reasonably expect to get at least 11 sacks this season. I mean, think about it: if he can get at least four sacks before the bye, then look at the remaining schedule in terms of opposing OLs.

Between the Titans, Jags, Texans, and Seahawks (four of the worst OLS in the league) how could Frank not get at least 3-4 sacks? With either Dunlap or Karlaftis holding down the other side? If Clark is at least 75% as smart as I think he is, he should feast in those 8 games. 6-8 sacks aren't unreasonable.

Which leaves 6 whole games to manufacture just three or four sacks.

Really he should blow that number out of the water, but last season's performance wrecked my confidence in my own eyes. If I was right all along, then Frank should tally at least 12 or 13 sacks in the 2022 regular season.

But just reading that makes me cringe a little. I don't believe it myself.

At this point I'll settle for just timely sacks over numbers. I'll easily accept 6-8 sacks on the season if they're all pivotal moments. No one remembers every sack of Reggie's last season. What they remember is his last sacks. His game-changing sacks. Give me that and I could care less just how many Frank gets this year.
Huh? Stopped reading after bolded part.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:22 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

Yep, Show-me state FTW
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 08-17-2022

Between the Titans, Jags, Texans, and Seahawks (four of the worst OLS in the league) how could Frank not get at least 3-4 sacks?
With either Dunlap or Karlaftis holding down the other side? If Clark is at least 75% as smart as I think he is, he should feast in those 8 games. 6-8 sacks aren't unreasonable.
How many times do we have to see Clark get shut down by backup LTs or TEs before we stop saying "How could he not..."?

The Bengals had one of the worst OLs I've ever seen last year and Frank Clark was invisible.

Frank Clark can - HAS - get dominated by guys who shouldn't be in the league.

Until he shows me legitimate productivity, or even the ability to impact a game for 2 straight weeks (even if he's not on the stat sheet), I won't believe a thing I see.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:22 AM 08-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Until he shows me legitimate productivity, or even the ability to impact a game for 2 straight weeks (even if he's not on the stat sheet), I won't believe a thing I see.
Prepare to be amazed to to the tune of 8 sacks, sir.
[Reply]
threebag 03:21 PM 08-17-2022
The Greek Freak will chase 5 of them into Clark for easy gets.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 94
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up