ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 94
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:55 AM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Unless it is something you are an expert at, like getting elbow soreness from too much masturbating, you need to :-).
i just think it's hilarious how we have a dozen clark homers here now after one press conference and some nice reps against a dude who will probably be cut :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 11:57 AM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i just think it's hilarious how we have a dozen clark homers here now after one press conference and some nice reps against a dude who will probably be cut :-)
Odds are he will suck. That is not the point. You are a joke and have no clue about anything remotely athletic.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:58 AM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Odds are he will suck.
Glad to see you're on my side!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:01 PM 08-02-2022
Clark homer? I’m impressed that the guy owned up to his mistakes in a very public way. I could spend the entire season being miserable and negative about his past underperformance or I could cheer the guy on and hope that his performance improves with his attitude.

I don’t care what he ends up doing in training camp. Nothing matters until the season starts.

Stop being such a miserable prick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I’m impressed that the guy owned up to his mistakes in a very public way.
he's a highly paid loser - words don't impress me and shouldn't impress anyone at this point
[Reply]
jettio 12:38 PM 08-02-2022
Karlaftis and Clark could be real good for one another. Kid seemed to be giving praise to Clark and Chris Jones on the draft night Mic'd Up and that could add to Clark's motivation to show he can still play.

Clark at his best, was a player, that made timely plays and might save some of his better pass rush moves for key downs late in the game. Karlaftis seems more like a Jared Allen high-motor guy, who could make a play anytime.

Karlaftis is like Rocky Balboa with a mike in front of him. It would be great to see this guy play great and be a guy that earns pickup of his fifth-year option and a good deal on his next contract.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:40 PM 08-02-2022
he's a highly paid loser - words don't impress me and shouldn't impress anyone at this point

It seems to be more than words. His appearance shows a change. I am betting on him being Ok with 8-9 sacks.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:20 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If you want more action, I would take $100 and the over with you? I would donate all $100 to CP.
I'll take that bet too
[Reply]
TEX 05:08 PM 08-02-2022
I get where you're coming from, but I think it's more than just words with Clark. He's done a whole body transformation it seems. It means he identified a weakness, and made some changes. I think it's going to help him this season.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:21 PM 08-02-2022
I’ve been blasting on Clark for years. Outside of the last 8 games and the playoffs in our super bowl year, the guy has been a trash can.

I just have the ability to factor in new information that shifts my perspective on a topic, when you tend to struggle with that.

Trust the pattern of a man’s actions to continue until a break in that pattern happens and a new pattern emerges, then slowly build trust in the new pattern while staying cautious of signs for reverting back to the old pattern…I’ve lived by that and Frank has CLEARLY demonstrated a break in a pattern and an establishment of a new pattern. So even though I’m cautious, I think/hope Frank turns things around because I’m a Chiefs fan. The guy flying around at camp Monday was a guy that helps a young defense take the next step towards becoming dominant.

And you can tell that he feels “he owes KC” a debt in terms of pride and that goes a long way with guys like him.

Frank Clark’s body and entire mentality is completely different than what I’ve seen with my own eyes the last couple years. He even went out and signed autographs for awhile on Monday, even though it’s not his position groups day to sign. He’s a lot more mentally “present and sharp” than he’s been in a long time.

It was great to see him flying around looking like the guy Brett Veach thought he was trading for…

Originally Posted by TEX:
I get where you're coming from, but I think it's more than just words with Clark. He's done a whole body transformation it seems. It means he identified a weakness, and made some changes. I think it's going to help him this season.
He should have the best season he’s had in KC this year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:17 PM 08-02-2022
Oh, I see.

Context: Third hand source comments on internal Chiefs strife.
Clay: I will take this information and publish it under the banner of a fake news network and distribute it far and wide such that the team feels the need to address it in the midst of ridiculous controversey.

Context: Frank Clark comments on his own personal journey and displays a healthier look.
Clay: Words don't impress me.

I'm not sure he's the biggest loser here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:19 PM 08-02-2022
bad comparison

words mean everything in the first case, nothing in the second
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:23 PM 08-02-2022
bad comparison

words mean everything in the first case, nothing in the second
Nah. Words mean nothing when they're coming from a third hand source that you have no means of vetting because you're not exactly any sort of professional who has any sort of credibility.

And yet, you pretended that you did.

On the other hand, someone who outwardly admits to something in a press conference has a little bit more credibility because he or she is veriably on record in commenting on his or her own behavior.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:27 PM 08-02-2022
Nah
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:28 PM 08-02-2022
Clark has the personality to have a career when his playing days are done. It may not last, he could be representing
[Reply]
Page 11 of 94
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up