Page 840 of 4898
« First < 340740790830836837838839840 84184284384485089094013401840 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:30 PM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I can't believe you actually agreed to those terms. Look at the schedule.
Meh, no biggie. Just a little extra entertainment during the season. And I don't need to look at the schedule, all I have to do is look at the doncos roster.

Doh! just noticed.:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:33 PM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Who knows really... McCoy/Musgrave are a wild card and I like the style they will employ. Question is, can the revamped OL do their thing and the RBs stay healthy. The rookie FB from last year looked nice, so if he's healthy, that helps. The platoon of RBs looks good, none are every down backs at this point, but that's fine.

They really need something from the TE position, and when Charles is in - I see him being that safety option to move the chaings until Jake or another TE proves to be consistent.

Those things work out and they just need consistent production from the QB. I have no issues with Trevor, but Lynch is likely better suited for what McCoy wants to do. Hell, if Kelly can walk the straight and narrow, he may well be the best option of them all - not this year though.

I think they can be a top 15 offense, which isn't great... but it could be good enough with the defense they have, and I say 'good enough' to battle for 10-11 wins.

Division titles... playoffs, I'll worry about all that later.
Did Elway hire an extra trainer to keep ice on Charles swelling knee ? If he didn't they will be a man short.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:56 PM 05-05-2017
Daniel Jeremiah giving Denver's 6th round pick some love...

Originally Posted by :
But first, we kick off this week's notebook with a look at Jeremiah's three favorite value picks from the draft.

RB De'Angelo Henderson, Broncos, Round 6 (pick 203): Henderson was one of my favorite players to study. He's built like Maurice Jones-Drew and he has a nice blend of speed and power. He lacks ideal height but he's tough to get on the ground. His production was outstanding in college and I think he has starter ability at the next level. The Broncos have had success finding late-round gems at this position and I think Henderson could outplay most of the running backs selected ahead of him in this draft class.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...626-sf76389626

:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 01:09 PM 05-05-2017
Denver's answers to upgrading their putrid running game are a 6th rounder and Jamaal Charles :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:16 PM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Denver's answers to upgrading their putrid running game are a 6th rounder and Jamaal Charles :-)
Dude, it's a RB... those guys can produce from nearly any round.
[Reply]
Best22 01:21 PM 05-05-2017
Dude, it's a RB... those guys can produce from nearly any round.
6th rounders are more likely to flop.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:22 PM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Their answer to fix the running game was bringing in 3 new starters on the OL. CJ and Booker weren't the problem last year.

Denver did need to add some speed at RB because CJ and Booker have similar styles. That's where Charles/Henderson come in.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:47 AM 05-06-2017
Again, many around here said "you're doomed with Wade, just look at past teams and what happens after year 2". So, which is it?
Both...everything I said would happen, happened. You finished 3rd in the division.

Your defense dropped off last season...and that crap o-line got semen-boy injured resulting in off-season surgery. Both OL FA's busted and Horseface reached on a project LT to try and fix his mistakes. You are left pinning you QB hopes on Mr. Irrelevant as Lynch looks like a bust as well. They were forced to draft another RB too as the new coaching staff doesn't like Booker.

Your new DC is not going to come in and make in-game adjustments like a 65 year old man who grew up as the son of a legendary coach. You might as well put that dream to bed.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:07 AM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Both...everything I said would happen, happened. You finished 3rd in the division.

Your defense dropped off last season...and that crap o-line got semen-boy injured resulting in off-season surgery. Both OL FA's busted and Horseface reached on a project LT to try and fix his mistakes. You are left pinning you QB hopes on Mr. Irrelevant as Lynch looks like a bust as well. They were forced to draft another RB too as the new coaching staff doesn't like Booker.

Your new DC is not going to come in and make in-game adjustments like a 65 year old man who grew up as the son of a legendary coach. You might as well put that dream to bed.
Both, so Denver is doomed because they let Wade go... a guy that they were doomed with anyway because his history with defenses after year 2 is bad? Makes perfect sense, Nostradamus.

You're really going to hate this season if you think Denver is some spare cellar dwellar. Things will be a lot more competitive than you are expecting. Buckle up, buttercup.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:21 AM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Meh, no biggie. Just a little extra entertainment during the season. And I don't need to look at the schedule, all I have to do is look at the doncos roster.

Doh! just noticed.:-)
lol, I was thinking the same thing you were, that is, I know the Broncos/Chiefs play twice a year, one early game, one later game (usually in KC) and if I lose the bet, meh, I only have to do the sig thing for maybe 3 weeks?

But if the Broncos win the first game, then you lose, and I'll get to pick your sig for perhaps, 10 weeks or so...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:16 AM 05-07-2017

Four of the 10 highest-graded CBs played in the AFC West in 2016
Chris Harris Jr (#1)
Aqib Talib (#2)
Casey Hayward (#6)
Marcus Peters (#10)

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 7, 2017

:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:28 AM 05-07-2017
Is Jamaal injured yet ?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:15 AM 05-07-2017
Question for the masses, related to Chad Kelly. This kid could become the most decorated final pick of the draft, or he could prove the doubters true.

I never paid that much attention to him, quite honestly. I remember all the negative headlines when they happened and to me, I don't think he overcome his desire to do dumb things.

But, if he did ... what do you guys see as his upside? Sounds like he had a hell of a 22 games at Ole Miss and minus the character problems, should been a top selection.

He's recovering from an injury, so add that to the list of problems... but, who knows?
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:30 AM 05-07-2017
Question for the masses, related to Chad Kelly. This kid could become the most decorated final pick of the draft, or he could prove the doubters true.

I never paid that much attention to him, quite honestly. I remember all the negative headlines when they happened and to me, I don't think he overcome his desire to do dumb things.

But, if he did ... what do you guys see as his upside? Sounds like he had a hell of a 22 games at Ole Miss and minus the character problems, should been a top selection.

He's recovering from an injury, so add that to the list of problems... but, who knows?
Before everything started to trickle out about how much of an idiotic entitled douchebag he was/is, I thought he was a first round lock...

So honestly if by some miracle he grows up, gets a brain transplant, etc, I think you guys will have won the lottery on mr irrelevant
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:13 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Before everything started to trickle out about how much of an idiotic entitled douchebag he was/is, I thought he was a first round lock...

So honestly if by some miracle he grows up, gets a brain transplant, etc, I think you guys will have won the lottery on mr irrelevant
Yeah, but the odds of that happening or pretty damn miniscule... dude has a pretty high douche factor.
[Reply]
Page 840 of 4898
« First < 340740790830836837838839840 84184284384485089094013401840 > Last »
Up