ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 173
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:19 AM 09-01-2015
Stay tough, mang!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:33 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Stay tough, mang!
Joo got eet, ese!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:53 AM 09-01-2015
I am not getting chemo today after all. My doc said they are going to check for something in the tumor they removed as there could be a gene in there that may have been sent into my bloodstream and if so, they can synthesize a medication to specifically attack it. I am getting more blood drawn, but after that, the needle comes out of my chest and I can go home! In 2 weeks, I will have a CT scan then 2 days after that, I will see the doctor again.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:13 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am not getting chemo today after all. My doc said they are going to check for something in the tumor they removed as there could be a gene in there that may have been sent into my bloodstream and if so, they can synthesize a medication to specifically attack it. I am getting more blood drawn, but after that, the needle comes out of my chest and I can go home! In 2 weeks, I will have a CT scan then 2 days after that, I will see the doctor again.
Man, that's some Star Trek shit, right there. In any event, your determination is pretty damned inspiring. I get tired just reading about your schedule. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:08 PM 09-01-2015
Man, that's some Star Trek shit, right there. In any event, your determination is pretty damned inspiring. I get tired just reading about your schedule. :-)
Doc McCoy would just scan me, mutter under his breath about 21st century medicine, give me a hypospray and a pill and send me on my way all cured!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:10 PM 09-01-2015
Doc McCoy would just scan me, mutter under his breath about 21st century medicine, give me a hypospray and a pill and send me on my way all cured!
That's the coolest thing about ST; the medicine and the transporter.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:10 PM 09-01-2015
Man, That is great news. You're gonna be around to watch us win the Superbowl, even if it happens 10 years from now!!!!!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:11 PM 09-01-2015
I bet Star Trek dentistry is the best.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:11 PM 09-01-2015
That's the coolest thing about ST; the medicine and the transporter.
And the green chicks! *drool*
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:15 PM 09-01-2015
And the green chicks! *drool*
Aaaawwwwwww yeeeah!

http://www.ranker.com/list/star-trek...IDESHOW&page=2
[Reply]
thabear04 09:37 PM 09-01-2015
I will and thanks. Sorry about your grandma. If you have to go, it is best not to have a long, drawn out ordeal. A woman who was like a second mother to me died from cancer in 2008 and she hung on for a year more than the doctors said she would and it was horrible to see her decline so badly. When this all started for me a bit over a year ago, I thought about what she went through and how the chemo was so hard on her. I remember hoping to die in my sleep rather than suffer like she did. I was terrified going for my first treatment, not knowing what was ahead for me.
Yeah she pass away in her sleep and that same month 2 weeks later by brother was gun down tough year for me in HS back in 04.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:29 PM 09-01-2015
Keep plugging away Ed.:-)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:02 PM 09-05-2015
I should have added that I asked my surgeon how much of my colon he hacked out. Initially, I was told it would be 10 cm, but he said he took out 22 cm in all, about 9 inches.
Reminds me of my circumcision.

Keep up the good fight Ed. On to the liver!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:41 PM 09-10-2015
I thought I would post an update since someone usurped my thread title here. My incision is still sore, but has been filling in more at the bottom where my skin came apart, so that is a good sign. I have been able to use the riding mower with no additional discomfort and even pruned some branches today with the lopper. The cutting motion did make me use core muscles, and I broke a hell of a sweat, but I didn't feel too much pain from it, just a minor twinge here and there. And since I am not back on chemo yet, I can have a FEW pints tomorrow night at my class mini-reunion.
[Reply]
threebag 08:58 PM 09-10-2015
Enjoy those pints and keep knocking the hell out of her Ed.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 173
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up