ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:55 AM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It Follows was a good watch.

I made the mistake of reading the thread here about it prior to my first viewing and someone mentioned how shit like that always happens to defenseless teens and not badasses like Wolverine or something.

So I spent the entire movie thinking about how quickly "it" would have been taken care of by a fistful of retractable adamantium claws.
Or something as lame as not putting out...
[Reply]
Rausch 10:58 AM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:

Literally I cannot watch the scene again it is that disturbing and horrifying.
It never fails to amaze me how the small stuff makes you pull up the blanket.

That Documentary on night terrors freaked me out. I use to sleep walk (a lot) and had a bad dream here and there but never had that.

Apparently you can start having it at any random point in your life without any other signs of mental illness.

ANYONE can get it.

That's more terrifying to me than any horror movie...
[Reply]
frankotank 12:41 PM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:

That Documentary on night terrors freaked me out. I use to sleep walk (a lot) and had a bad dream here and there but never had that.

Apparently you can start having it at any random point in your life without any other signs of mental illness.

ANYONE can get it.

that's one I will not be watching.
when I was a kid my parents found me several mornings out in the backyard asleep under a tree. that's pretty uncool man. but at least I wasn't having night terrors. some irrational part of me is afraid that if I watch it.....I'll get it. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 01:43 PM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:

ANYONE can get it.

Which documentary is that? Sounds familiar...
[Reply]
Jerm 01:51 PM 10-15-2015

Hmmm I'm intrigued.....
[Reply]
frankotank 02:18 PM 10-15-2015
looks good.
combines two of the creepiest things in horror.....children and dolls.
will see
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:59 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Which documentary is that? Sounds familiar...
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_nightmare/
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:03 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:

Hmmm I'm intrigued.....
Wow looks good!!
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:54 AM 10-16-2015
Just watched the possession of Michael king, and the Atticus intstitute. Was shockingly surprised by both.
Housebound was a pretty hilarious horror/comedy. Horror is hard to find and opinions vary wildly. I watched a vampire mockumentary called Afflicted and liked it a lot.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:49 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Predarat:
How bad is the 'other Shining'? (the one released in the 90s with one of the actors from Wings) From what i hear it sticks closer to the book but the acting is just horrible.
Endless dialog from C level actors with little to no tension or suspense. It's what you might think you would get from a made for TV version of a King novel.

Just think of all the other King novels that were made for TV (IT, The Stand, The Tommyknockers, et. al.) and you get the idea.
Originally Posted by Predarat:
Yeah yikes, not too good on that. Maybe, sometime in the off-season if I have time, but this time of year much better horror movies will be a better way to spend time.
You're better off watching Plan 9 From Outer Space or Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

The made for TV version of The Shinning, and all the other King novels that were turned into multi-part TV specials, is absolute and total garbage.

You want some scary movies? Try any of the VHS movies (the second is the scariest in my opinion) or the J-horror movie The Audition.
Originally Posted by frankotank:
many didn't like it. but some did. I did. yes kubrics shining is a great movie even though for whatever ****ing reason he didn't stick to the book. WHY? I dunno. always pissed me off....especially leaving out the hedge animals. just ****ing STUPID. and the ending! what a STUPID ending stanley! king got it right in the book so don't **** with it!

the steven weber version...I liked it. it was a little long winded though. but I got my damn hedge animals and a MUCH better looking wendy! :-) also the scene with the lady coming out of the tub after the boy is very disturbing considering it was on TV. pretty sick man. loved it.
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Terribad!

Take my word on this,the best way to watch the tv miniseries of The Shining is to get the DVD and watch it straight through(4.5 hours),it's not even close to being as bad as others are saying.

I love both films but as stated Kubrick really took liberties with his version and from what I understand King was none to happy thus he was also the executive producer of the tv series so he could have the input and so it followed the book to a tee including hedge animals and the denver croquet mallet.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:03 AM 10-16-2015
Reread the thread to make sure I hadn't mentioned it but if you like B class horror I'd suggest 1983's One Dark Night

[Reply]
Nzoner 08:18 AM 10-16-2015
Also if you like zombies and yet another drive-in B classic from way back check out Children Shouldn't Play With Dead things

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:18 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Reread the thread to make sure I hadn't mentioned it but if you like B class horror I'd suggest 1983's One Dark Night

Holy shit, I saw that at the theater when it came out. I'm fucking old!!
[Reply]
Chieficus 10:58 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_nightmare/
As one who experiences sleep paralysis it's really not that terrifying once you understand the dynamic. Best explanation that I've read puts it as a state between REM and being awake, hence shadowy figures (more rare for me), flashing lights (more common for me), and a sense of dread are all the result of still being partially in a dream state combined with a hyper alert self defense system.

When it happens after a moment I'm able to recognize what's going on and keep myself calm until I can move. Of course as a kid it scared the crap out of me, so I can see why someone might wanna make a horror-doc.

Also helps that I've learned personal triggers and try to avoid them.

But a lot less scary when you realize its not aliens or other dark forces. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:02 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Chieficus:

But a lot less scary when you realize its not aliens or other dark forces. :-)
Whether you buy into the scientific reasoning or not would depend on your supernatural beliefs. I'm sure for many people who choose faith over science, they probably think they're being visited by demons etc.

Anyway, i invited my little sister and nephew over to watch this several months ago (both teens). My wife had a few GF's over as well. Sadly, none of them could get into it.

Which is a bummer because i thought it was decent.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 57
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up