ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 215 of 3903
« First < 115165205211212213214215 2162172182192252653157151215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:35 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Not really. Someone making dry non-perishable food can hawk a loogey on your food. By the time you get it the virus is dead. It's not going to survive from distribution channel to grocery store to you long enough.
1) The fact you went there mentally... ew

2) That isn't the problem. The problem is if one person in the supply chain gets sick and cannot work and there isn't a ready replacement for them or if someone, say your friendly Hyvee meat market guy, gets diagnosed then that shuts down the aforementioned meat market -if not the entire friendly Hyvee store- and its employees presumed infected for a long period of time.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:35 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Or gas stations. That’s where I found some. In fact he was confused why I was buying multiple packs from him.
Local markets.

I've had no problems finding supplies at my local mexican markets.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:36 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
If the economy you mean that hundreds of thousands of families raising kids end up on the streets then guilty.
Killing the elderly isn't going to stop a lot of people from getting sick and flooding our hospitals with a virus that there is no vaccine for.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:36 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
kids are carriers. My father in law lives in a 55+ place in Palm Springs. They have been told to NOT LET people come visit for four weeks.
Kids are like bats. They are carriers of this disease but it doesn't seem to cause them any symptoms. Even teenagers rarely "get it". If we are serious about it, schools should be cancelled. But that is easier said than done due to day care and those who can WFH will claim they can't do their job if they have a 6-10 year old running around.
[Reply]
Donger 01:37 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t think it takes a scientist to understand that a bunch of people have the shit right now. They don’t even necessarily know it which means it’s being passed to others by them. And that cycle will just continue for a period of time.

The incubation period is too slow to keep it from spreading. But we can limit the quickness of it spreading by staying out of large crowds.
Great, so your gut. Thankfully, we have actual numbers. And no country, not even China, has seen exponential growth of cases. There are 137,000 cases GLOBALLY right now.
[Reply]
synthesis2 01:40 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Killing the elderly isn't going to stop a lot of people from getting sick and flooding our hospitals with a virus that there is no vaccine for.
What I mean is if the economy gets back on track and we don’t stop everything causing families to go into poverty vs the elderly /sick who are going to die soon anyway die a little earlier then I would rather the kids have a shot in life.

If you have to choose one or the other I choose the youth over the elderly/sick and I bet if you asked them they would want the kids to live and have a good life
[Reply]
BWillie 01:40 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
Well if that’s true and 30/40 year old healthy people are dying then it’s another story. My understanding was 99.7% of under 60 healthy didn’t die and ended up fine with little to no symptoms . If this is incorrect and 2 plus percent of healthy younger people are dying then it’s a who new problem .
Is 3 or 4 out of 1,000 healthy people dying from a virus that could infect 30-60% of the population acceptable to you? Not even taking into account the 18%+ death rate for the elderly.

The coronavirus is heavily contagious. Again, how many times have you got the flu? How many times have you got a cold? A cold is a type of a coronavirus. A cold is contagious as hell, it's just that it is only a nuisance while this is much more dangerous.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:40 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Great, so your gut. Thankfully, we have actual numbers. And no country, not even China, has seen exponential growth of cases. There are 137,000 cases GLOBALLY right now.
That we know of. Big key bit of context there.

U.S. is way, way behind in terms of test administration and overall preparation in general.

And it isn’t just my gut. There’s info out there now at this point from professionals in this field: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...JI/mobilebasic
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:42 PM 03-13-2020
So on the very low end 1.3M die in the next year.

That’s a **** ton.
12,000+ deaths in America during the 2009-2010 Swine Flu Pandemic... a significant % of those deaths from younger people... were you equally as panicked then?

Refer back to the supposed scientific data you are basing your panic on to explain specifically why/how the COVID-19 pandemic is and will be worse than the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic.

Give us specifics, not hypothetical/fear mongering bullshit.

The 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic killed 12,000+ in the US and 500,000+ worldwide yet society didn’t shut down.

What is specifically different and more dangerous about COVID-19?
[Reply]
Donger 01:42 PM 03-13-2020
That we know of. Big key bit of context there.

U.S. is way, way behind in terms of test administration and overall preparation in general.
Yes, and unless we see exponential growth, here and globally, in the next few weeks, it's likely not going to happen. This isn't influenza.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:42 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but my opinion as to why this pandemic is being so heavily feared in comparison to ones in the past is because of the state of the US healthcare system.
Or because scaring the shit out people is profitable for the media...why people believe a word they say is beyond me. Everything is exaggerated, distorted, sensationalized and fabricated...

They are a fear delivery device...we were warned decades ago.

People want to be scared...they are just waiting for a new reason. Its why they watch that drivel...they crave destruction from a distance.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:43 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
if you need toilet paper check your local auto parts store. our o'reilly's is stocking it today
Thanks, Brother!

I'm actually okay for a while, as I had two full toilet paper packages from Costco in my garage before this crisis arose but after those are gone...
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:45 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kids are like bats. They are carriers of this disease but it doesn't seem to cause them any symptoms. Even teenagers rarely "get it". If we are serious about it, schools should be cancelled. But that is easier said than done due to day care and those who can WFH will claim they can't do their job if they have a 6-10 year old running around.
So cancel schools and remove children from a controlled environment, generally separated from higher risk segments of the population for 8+ hours a day and increase their exposure to the rest of society?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:46 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
12,000+ deaths in America during the 2009-2010 Swine Flu Pandemic... a significant % of those deaths from younger people... were you equally as panicked then?

Refer back to the supposed scientific data you are basing your panic on to explain specifically why/how the COVID-19 pandemic is and will be worse than the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic.

Give us specifics, not hypothetical/fear mongering bullshit.

The 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic killed 12,000+ in the US and 500,000+ worldwide yet society didn’t shut down.

What is specifically different and more dangerous about COVID-19?
The coronavirus has spread way more than the Swine flu did.

Look if you all want to keep downplaying this virus then go ahead but i don't think that's smart. A lot of ppl could die from this including our family members and it is spreading like crazy
[Reply]
SupDock 01:46 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Or because scaring the shit out people is profitable for the media...why people believe a word they say is beyond me. Everything is exaggerated, distorted and fabricated...

They are a fear delivery device...

People want to be scared...they are just waiting for a new reason. It why they watch that drivel...they crave destruction from a distance.
Is the WHO exaggerating?
[Reply]
Page 215 of 3903
« First < 115165205211212213214215 2162172182192252653157151215 > Last »
Up