ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Real Madrid's stadium
O.city 08:09 AM 04-18-2024

Real Madrid's new stadium is a game-changer.

It includes a fully retractable pitch that can be stored beneath the stadium with the push of a button.

The storage space includes ventilation, air conditioning, irrigation systems, LED lighting, control cameras, and ultraviolet… pic.twitter.com/lGnKpeOM0Y

— Joe Pompliano (@JoePompliano) September 5, 2023

It's the offseason, but I thought this was really interesting. Maybe I missed it before?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:39 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
And why do they call it a pitch? It's a field.
And why do they call it football? Because of all the punting.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:40 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
I just did. I initially took your post as meaning Messi could keep up with Charles in a foot race, which obviously isn't the case.
Fair enough. In that case I would point to Christiano Ronaldo or Kylian Mbappe who both are right around the 4.36 Charles runs in a 40m. They may be a touch closer to 4.38-4.40 but nonetheless, you get the point.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:49 PM 04-19-2024
Are people really arguing as if soccer players, who are generally smaller because they don’t need nearly the same size, are not as fast as football players or that they aren’t in absurdly good cardio shape? Or that they aren’t physical as if there isn’t constant boxing out for position? Yeah the closing speed of a defender going in for a slide tackle when a player is on the break is going to be elite.

NFL players are insanely fit too. It’s not really a competition. They are just fit in different ways for different purposes.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:52 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Are people really arguing as if soccer players, who are generally smaller because they don’t need nearly the same size, are not as fast as football players or that they aren’t in absurdly good cardio shape? Or that they aren’t physical as if there isn’t constant boxing out for position? Yeah the closing speed of a defender going in for a slide tackle when a player is on the break is going to be elite.

NFL players are insanely fit too. It’s not really a competition. They are just fit in different ways for different purposes.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Fish 02:16 PM 04-19-2024
Bruce Lee would kick Messi's ass in less than 30 seconds.

:-)
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:28 PM 04-19-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was only referring to Jamaal Charles, who had world class speed, being faster than Messi. That's no slight on Messi, considering there are only a tiny handful of people on Earth who are as fast as Charles was or faster. I doubt any of those people are primarily soccer players.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up