5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
poolboy 04:19 PM 04-24-2021
Barlow and Staumont are money....lets go!
[Reply]
lewdog 06:03 PM 04-24-2021
Staumont has to be closer going forward. He looks good.

Dare I say Matheny is managing well. Bullpen use has been great. Late game base running substitutions and defensive substitutions have been on point.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:38 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Staumont has to be closer going forward. He looks good.

Dare I say Matheny is managing well. Bullpen use has been great. Late game base running substitutions and defensive substitutions have been on point.
I’m reserving judgement as I was one of his biggest critics when the Royals hired him. Didn’t like the decision at the time, and still not 100% convinced, but cautiously optimistic that maybe he really did learn to make some changes from his first time as a manager.

Still going into this with both eyes wide open but feeling a little better based on what I saw last year and this year so far . . . . .
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:57 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I’m reserving judgement as I was one of his biggest critics when the Royals hired him. Didn’t like the decision at the time, and still not 100% convinced, but cautiously optimistic that maybe he really did learn to make some changes from his first time as a manager.

Still going into this with both eyes wide open but feeling a little better based on what I saw last year and this year so far . . . . .

LULZ

Nice job covering your bases there. If he fails, you were right. If he succeeds, you were *still* right, it’s just Matheny made the changes you advocated he make.

Pathetic post.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:57 PM 04-24-2021
This offense had sucked ass except for two games. Keller is been as bad as he can be. No Mondesi. Young arms aren't up. And we are 5 games over .500.

Feels like a mirage. Need the bats to come alive and stop dicking with using Holland and Wade in close games
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:07 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

I’m told that managers don’t matter much in baseball. Yet fans love to bitch about Matheny.

Fans loved to bitch about Ned too....
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:20 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
LULZ

Nice job covering your bases there. If he fails, you were right. If he succeeds, you were *still* right, it’s just Matheny made the changes you advocated he make.

Pathetic post.
I know, right?

It’s almost like being against or supporting someone for president, having high hopes but being cautiously optimistic, and later re-assessing based on job performance and then going on a non-stop rant about how they were the worst president ever.

You look good in the beginning and then at the end too.

You mean like that?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:26 PM 04-24-2021
But enough of condescending posts, back to baseball now:

Offense HAS been a big disappointment, but there are finally some signs of life from Beni and Soler, two guys that were expected to produce from the get go. And Santana has been red hot for a while, seeing the ball really well. But unfortunately Whit started slumping about the time he got hot.

They need more than just 3 guys hitting at a time, and so far this year that’s basically all they’ve had. Different stretches, different hitters, obviously.

Bullpen has been better than I thought they would be and the starting pitching is really starting to come around. Little worried about Keller, though. Not inducing the weak ground ball contact like he has in the past.

And Matheny has been solid. No complaints.

Hell of a start to the year!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:34 PM 04-24-2021
Mathney was actually not that bad in St. Louis. He just had a World Series team that got old and weren't as good as the BFIB thought they were.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:35 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Mathney was actually not that bad in St. Louis. He just had a World Series team that got old and weren't as good as the BFIB thought they were.
Generally speaking this is true. Your team determines your record not your manager.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:42 PM 04-24-2021
Not sold on Matheny as manager just yet.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:46 PM 04-24-2021
He completely mismanaged and ruined some of their young arms back when they had a plethora of talented throwers. Guys whose career trajectory changed based on his misuse/overuse. That was the single biggest reason I was against his hire. Was worried what he might do to all of our young talented arms (Singer/Lynch/Kowar/Bubic/etc.) as they came up.

So far my concerns have been unwarranted. I thought he managed Bubic, Singer and the bullpen really well last year in the short season and so far he’s done fine with Singer and the bullpen this year (St. Louis Matheny would have sent Singer back out for the 8th today, which would have been a mistake).

I’m glad he is proving me wrong and hope he will continue to do so . . . . . .
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:28 PM 04-24-2021
White Sox won in a walk off.

[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:10 PM 04-24-2021
Tatis Jr. 4 HRs in 2 nights vs LA
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:30 PM 04-24-2021
His bad bullpen management and disdain for analytics were well documented with the Cardinals. The bullpen management was paired with a mismanagement of young arms/players. Cards fans also reported a lack of discipline on defense and the basepaths.

Matheny was upfront about the first two when hired by the Royals and said he’d learned from his mistakes. After his first week in 2020 I pretty much was won over and believed him about the first two. Jury’s still out on the discipline piece, but I see no reason to think he’s not at Yost’s level or better.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 440
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up