ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
In Memoriam>I Know No One Here Gives a Big Damn... [mikey23545]
mikey23545 12:54 PM 02-13-2015
I'm going into the hospital tomorrow and will be having my left foot amputated probably Monday or Tuesday. Could be followed by my right leg sometime after that.

Diabetes is a bitch.

I don't usually talk about myself too much here, and I'm too argumentative to have many buddies on here...I don't know really why I even felt like sharing this info.

But here I go...Any well wishes will be appreciated, though I don't expect to many... :-)
[Reply]
seclark 03:26 PM 04-26-2017
rip Mikey
sec
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:46 PM 04-26-2017
Thanks DaFace, your extra effort is much appreciated.
[Reply]
Frosty 04:10 PM 04-26-2017
I was thinking about this thread the other day and could have sworn I saw him post. It wasn't until Deface posted this morning that I realized I was confusing this Mikey with the one that is 4dacats. Thanks for the legwork Daface and RIP, Mikey23545.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:36 PM 04-26-2017
I know he rubbed a few people the wrong way, but I really enjoyed conversing with him on this site.

RIP, mikey

:-)
[Reply]
Bewbies 06:44 PM 04-26-2017
Too much dying around here.

Chiefs need to get their act in gear or we'll all end up dead before we see them win shit. (too soon?)
[Reply]
RobBlake 06:45 PM 04-26-2017
I think members that have passed should have their name in the color of gold..
[Reply]
srvy 07:09 PM 04-26-2017
RIP Mikey another good poster gone.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:17 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
He wasn't always the friendliest - you had to pull it out of him, which I was good at. You never know how much pain someone is in as they post, I suppose. Not trying to be insensitive, but it was the truth. He could get pretty mean. I'm happy he's now pain free. Been a depressing last few hours. RIP Mikey.
I got along with him really well. I stayed out of D.C. But we had some really nice conversations over the years.

Originally Posted by Cochise:
I think most of us probably have a different manner about ourselves in our personal lives than we do here. Just like you have a different one at work and in traffic and when you're at your mother's house or when you're at a bar. I like to think that almost everyone here would get along and be cool together IRL. This place is a bit like a locker room. And I'm not just talking about the smell.
Everyone I've ever met IRL is top notch. As good as it gets. Without exception. I've determined that if someone is willing to meet face to face and probably do anything regarding real life, they're good people.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:22 PM 04-26-2017
mikey was a good guy. I hate to see him gone.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:28 PM 04-26-2017
I'll see you later....RIP
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 08:15 PM 04-26-2017
rip dude
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:15 PM 04-26-2017
RIP

There should a thread so anyone with a serious medical condition can post their condition so everyone can keep up with them & give them support.

I just got told tonight that a former co-worker & good friend has pancreatic cancer. He seems to be taking it well but that's a death sentence & I know he must be going through dark thoughts right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
kccrow 12:06 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
RIP

There should a thread so anyone with a serious medical condition can post their condition so everyone can keep up with them & give them support.

I just got told tonight that a former co-worker & good friend has pancreatic cancer. He seems to be taking it well but that's a death sentence & I know he must be going through dark thoughts right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it sucks. It's what my mother had. She got the best care she could; went to see Dr. Evans at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee and had the Whipple procedure done, but it was a bit too late as there was already some cancer they couldn't detect in her liver. She died about 6 weeks after that surgery. If your co-worker has caught it early enough and it hasn't metastasized around the blood vessels yet, then I'd strongly suggest that he/she contact this team in Milwaukee ASAP.
[Reply]
FRCDFED 09:31 AM 04-27-2017
RIP Mikey.......
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I was waiting on this in order to not get in the way of Ed's final days, but I wanted to follow up on this. It took an enormous amount of digging and internet stalking, but I can pretty confidently say that mikey passed away on (or around) September 1, 2015. I can't find an actual obituary, which is a little odd, but trust me when I say that it's pretty unlikely that I'm wrong here.

Sad as it is, ChiefPlanet appears to be all grown up, and we're starting to drop at a much more rapid pace than in the past.

RIP mikey.
His profile says he logged in in May of '16. I wonder if someone was just cleaning out old tech, turned on a computer and CP was a homepage or something.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up