ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Can we stop with the trade Chris Jones shit?
RunKC 12:04 PM 12-08-2022
Watching this catastrophe again and yeah I, like all of you, were pissed and let this man have it bc a TE blocked him out of a play one time.

Guys. Holy shit man. He played really really well. Again. I heard this on Times Ours but am even more angry after seeing it.

Not only did they double Chris at all times but they blatantly held him. A lot. Like it was basically “this man is all they have and we gonna hold this motherfucker most of the time bc they can’t call it every single time.”

They legitimately hack-a-Shaq’d this man the entire game and it made me furious that it wasn’t called. Like what the fuck?

Anyway. This guy is our DL. Karlaftis had a few pressures. Dunlap had that big play. Frank was invisible and Danna wasn’t any better.

He might be the best player on this team not named Patrick Mahomes.

TL;DR pay Chris Jones his goddamn money
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 PM 12-08-2022
Lol, never going to happen. We aren't OVERREACTIONPLANET for nothing.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:07 PM 12-08-2022
How do you tank now with two Denver games left? Get a grip
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:08 PM 12-08-2022
I don't want to trade him. I am curious as to what it will take to resign him and what we could get in compensation if he wants Aaron Donald type of dollars.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:11 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
How do you tank now with two Denver games left? Get a grip
Tank? Where did that come from?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:13 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't want to trade him. I am curious as to what it will take to resign him and what we could get in compensation if he wants Aaron Donald type of dollars.
If he wants that type of deal we can't keep him, Jones is already the second highest paid DT the gap is just really big like 30 mill to 20 mill.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:15 PM 12-08-2022
Beyond Mahomes or Kelce no one should be off the table. Those 2 contributions on and off the field is unmatched.

What if Chris Jones wins DPOY and comes in seeking demands of either pay him everything he wants or let him seek a sign and trade? Do you give what he wants, or let him go like Tyreek?
[Reply]
Spott 12:16 PM 12-08-2022
I know the trade deadline has passed, but I was wondering if we traded him yet.
[Reply]
scho63 12:16 PM 12-08-2022
Some of these silly ideas are hard to Belize.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:18 PM 12-08-2022
it’s idiotic. what we need is a good pass rusher at DE to let Jones have a few snaps w/o double teams
[Reply]
RunKC 12:18 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If he wants that type of deal we can't keep him, Jones is already the second highest paid DT the gap is just really big like 30 mill to 20 mill.
Uh yeah you can. You traded Tyreek and you sure as hell don’t pay Brown Jr to fuck this up.

Add 3 years to his deal and have a way out. No biggie.

All of your young talent you’ve drafted the last 2 years affords you to do this
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:19 PM 12-08-2022
Too many Madden players / morons on here. Der, I traded Chris Jones for the entire NFL draft, do it Vlad Beach!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:26 PM 12-08-2022
I trust Veach on this one.

I get it if they extend him. I also get it if he gets blown away with a trade offer or Jones is unreasonable.

Just don’t panic and trade him for peanuts.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:27 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is the sad truth. What if he pulls a Tyreek and starts asking for $30-35 million a year? I just don't see how you do it. I don't even want to think about it, but it's a possibility.

We have to hope he's like Pat and Kelce and takes a team friendly deal. If he tries to reset the market, we're in trouble.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:32 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This is the sad truth. What if he pulls a Tyreek and starts asking for $30-35 million a year? I just don't see how you do it. I don't even want to think about it, but it's a possibility.

We have to hope he's like Pat and Kelce and takes a team friendly deal. If he tries to reset the market, we're in trouble.
Giving out huge contracts is really putting a lot of eggs in one basket. One injury, and we’re at a huge disadvantage for at least a season.

You can spread those resources out with draft picks in return and cap space to sign multiple players.

I’m sure Veach will make the right call, but I absolutely appreciate that he doesn’t panic and pay guys (Hill, Brown, etc).
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up