ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 297
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:37 PM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
Holy sh*t. Didn't think I really wanted him when we recruited him (not a fan of players who don't care about K-State or MHK and are only looking out for themselves), but considering that we need help at LB and how highly he was rated, I'd love to see what some great coaching can do for him.

Jeez, we've got some good athletes coming down the pipes. Harper, B. Smith, D-Rob, Tre Walker, and possibly Brown to go along with who's already there? Looks like a pretty solid foundation if you ask me. Just wish we could get these kids before they commit somewhere else so they don't have to sit out for a freaking year...
One thing to ALWAYS remember 58kc, every kid SHOULD be looking out for himself.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:45 PM 02-03-2010
#8 Georgetown lost to an unranked.

If we take care of our business over the next month, we may end up in the 6-7 range with a little help like this.

Interesting indeed.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 10:06 PM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
One thing to ALWAYS remember 58kc, every kid SHOULD be looking out for himself.
Fair enough, but it would be nice if he wants to win and for the team to do well as opposed to just wanting to "get his." Maybe I'm just too old-school in that line of thinking.

Originally Posted by Dante84:
#8 Georgetown lost to an unranked.

If we take care of our business over the next month, we may end up in the 6-7 range with a little help like this.

Interesting indeed.
Other than the game @ Allen, we really should win out in the regular season. That said, we'll probably drop at least one that we shouldn't....
[Reply]
Dante84 10:41 PM 02-03-2010
Other than the game @ Allen, we really should win out in the regular season. That said, we'll probably drop at least one that we shouldn't....
We looked just icky last night. Everyone was doing their job, and doing it well. It scares me to think what we could be next year....

Henriquez - Put on 50 lbs of muscle asap.

JamSam - Work on not fouling.

Sutton - SHOOT THE DAMN BALL ALL OFFSEASON.

CK - Start being consistent and work on your control.

Wally - Learn how College ball works. Then, do that.
[Reply]
KevB 10:52 PM 02-03-2010
We looked just icky last night. Everyone was doing their job, and doing it well. It scares me to think what we could be next year....

Henriquez - Put on 50 lbs of muscle asap.

JamSam - Work on not fouling.

Sutton - SHOOT THE DAMN BALL ALL OFFSEASON.

CK - Start being consistent and work on your control.

Wally - Learn how College ball works. Then, do that.
Add to that Freddy Aspirilla, who will add another big body with more skill than Luis, and we'll be nasty inside.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:57 PM 02-03-2010
Originally Posted by KevB:
Add to that Freddy Aspirilla, who will add another big body with more skill than Luis, and we'll be nasty inside.
Ahh yes. Yes indeed.

So whats the deal with that good kid from the area? The one with the crazy sounding name that starts with a P? I heard he has been to a couple games. Wonder if we can snag him?
[Reply]
58kcfan89 12:08 AM 02-04-2010
Ahh yes. Yes indeed.

So whats the deal with that good kid from the area? The one with the crazy sounding name that starts with a P? I heard he has been to a couple games. Wonder if we can snag him?
Perry Ellis? Kid's a sophomore in HS, but I was told he was in the K-State locker room on Saturday. He goes to the same HS I graduated from (Wichita Heights). Hope we can land him. Sorry if that's not who you're thinking of.

And yes, we will be ridiculous next year. But I'm still excited for the rest of this year.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:16 AM 02-04-2010
Perry Ellis? Kid's a sophomore in HS, but I was told he was in the K-State locker room on Saturday. He goes to the same HS I graduated from (Wichita Heights). Hope we can land him. Sorry if that's not who you're thinking of.

And yes, we will be ridiculous next year. But I'm still excited for the rest of this year.
Thats him. Hmm.... in the locker room? Wonder if that is okay....

And I didnt realize he was so damned young. Hopefully he throws us a verbal next year so other fellas latch on and make it a great class.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 12:23 AM 02-04-2010
Thats him. Hmm.... in the locker room? Wonder if that is okay....

And I didnt realize he was so damned young. Hopefully he throws us a verbal next year so other fellas latch on and make it a great class.
Yeah, I'm not sure if he was there for sure, just what I was told. I didn't care enough to check the accuracy, just throwing it out there.

I know that his sister goes to Memphis and plays basketball there, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him favor them. Then again, I don't have any inside info about it, so I'm pretty much just talking out my @ss at this point.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:57 AM 02-04-2010
#19 Georgia Tech plays #9 Duke at 7 PM tonight.

Fingers crossed for an upset. Keep on' movin' on up!
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:58 PM 02-04-2010
#19 Georgia Tech plays #9 Duke at 7 PM tonight.

Fingers crossed for an upset. Keep on' movin' on up!
from another board:

Originally Posted by :
In the next 4 week, KSU plays nubb home and away (both wins), @cyclowns (win), buttaloes (win), @tech and @land thieves (should both be wins), and misery at home (win). Should be 7 games, 7 wins. None of these teams are ranked. Only misery is receiving votes. No home cooking this time around, though.

In that time,
#10 ut plays #1 ku.
#9 dook plays #19 georgia tech & @nc
#8 georgetown plays #2 villanova and #4 syracuse
#7 purdue plays @#5 mich st., @#18 ohio st, and home agains #5 mich st
#6 w. virgina plays #21 pitt, #2 nova, and @#21 pitt, and @ uconn
#5 mich st. plays @#16 wisconsin, vs #7 purdue, #18 ohio st, and @#7 purdue
#4 syracuse plays @ #8 georgetown, and vs #2 nova
#3 kentucky plays home and away against #14 tennessee, and @#20 vanderbilt
#2 nova plays @#8 georgetown, @#6 w. virgina, @#21 pitt, and @#4 syracuse.
#1 ku plays @#10 texass

[Reply]
Dante84 12:47 AM 02-05-2010
Holy Shiz.

We may be all the way up to #5 or #6 by the time we get to Lawrence.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:00 AM 02-05-2010
Holy Shiz.

We may be all the way up to #5 or #6 by the time we get to Lawrence.
None of our games are gimmies, save NU, CU and ISU in Manhattan.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:53 PM 02-05-2010
Have a great weekend guys. I'm headed to Ames with the ChiTown Family.

Cat's by 12
:-)
[Reply]
kstater 02:57 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Have a great weekend guys. I'm headed to Ames with the ChiTown Family.

Cat's by 12
:-)
]

Have fun, be sure to boo. Gotta blend in you know.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 297
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up