ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 57
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mass shooting on Las Vegas Strip
Buck 01:00 AM 10-02-2017
Automatic Gunfire from Mandalay Bay onto an outdoor concert. A lot of injured/dead.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:04 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Well then maybe - just maybe - the checkpoint for automatic guns should be a little earlier... like in the manufacturing stage.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your hands on a fully automatic gun?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:07 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
What are ya gonna do, ban belt loops on jeans? I know people manufacturer bump fire stocks, but they can be difficult to use and lots of people don't like them because it just wastes ammo.
Yeah, I bought one for my AK. I think I still have it in my junk drawer, along with all the other useless accessories that sounded cool until I actually used them.

I suppose he could have had a crank trigger. Those appear to be pretty straightforward and simple to use, at least from a static location. I certainly wouldn't want to try to use one on the move.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:08 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get your hands on a fully automatic gun?
:-) You realize who you're talking to, right?
[Reply]
bdj23 11:08 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I bought one for my AK. I think I still have it in my junk drawer, along with all the other useless accessories that sounded cool until I actually used them.

I suppose he could have had a crank trigger. Those appear to be pretty straightforward and simple to use, at least from a static location. I certainly wouldn't want to try to use one on the move.
I was thinking trigger crank too.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:10 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
Its hard to get a fully automatic rifle but you have to jump thru alot of hoops and the biggest kicker is you can only buy pre full auto rifles so there is alimiited amount and they all cost +$15,000. He might of been using a bump stock. My guess is he bought a fully auotmatic AK from a gang banger or cartel member. Audio sounds like 7.62
I've fired several versions of bump fires. You do not get that rate of consistent fire from a position to attack at 300-500 yards without sending thousands and thousands and thousands of rounds down range to get it figured out. Even then, they produce a very inconsistent rate. The initial burst slows and regains momentum at one point. Makes me think it's an old and mechanical unit fighting through the heat. The next burst sounds like a completely different weapon.

A gambling junking in deep can probably push around the right kind of money to get what he needed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
True, but thousands of rounds of rifle ammo is a lot heavier than a bunch of golf balls. He must have made several trips back and forth to his vehicle, I guess over a long enough time period that nobody noticed.
Well he had 4 days to do it. And it's Vegas. People aren't paying attention to the people around them and how many bags they're bringing in our out.
[Reply]
Buns 11:11 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I wonder how they narrowed down what room he was in exactly? These hotels are gigantic. Sensors on the windows? Guests in the room next to him who reported gunfire?
Windows don't open on floors that high. I assume the broken window triggered an alarm.
[Reply]
scho63 11:11 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
As someone previously posted, a golf travel bag full of guns instead of golf clubs would arouse no suspicion at all in Vegas.
Or one of those large trade show cases.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:13 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Well he had 4 days to do it. And it's Vegas. People aren't paying attention to the people around them and how many bags they're bringing in our out.
True enough. Still, wouldn't surprise me if somebody comes forward who said "yeah, we saw this old guy keep hauling shit into his room, wondered what he was up to."
[Reply]
O.city 11:14 AM 10-02-2017
Lotta shit in vegas is about to change
[Reply]
Buns 11:15 AM 10-02-2017
Don't you usually have to build these guns like Legos? Few big pieces of luggage and some golf clubs.
[Reply]
eDave 11:16 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Lotta shit in vegas is about to change
I'm surprised Vegas hasn't been targeted by an Islamic terrorist before. Prime sinning location and target rich.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:20 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Buns:
Don't you usually have to build these guns like Legos? Few big pieces of luggage and some golf clubs.
Yeah, you could break down an AR and fit it inside a briefcase if you wanted to.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 11:20 AM 10-02-2017
Yeah I dont really believe it was a bump fire rifle. Those things suck. It really sounded like a m249 or some heavy caliber full auto assault rifle. With the right mindset im sure you can figure out how to turn your semi auto rifle into fully automatic. I seriously doubt he bought a fully auto pre ban AK for $20,000. He either personally machined the gun to fire full auto or he bought one illegally thru a gambling connection/gang banger/cartel member
[Reply]
BWillie 11:22 AM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm surprised Vegas hasn't been targeted by an Islamic terrorist before. Prime sinning location and target rich.
Yeah I've said it for years. Only a matter of time until this happens in Vegas, unfortunately. It's a great place, but too easy pickens for psychopathic assholes.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 57
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up