ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid hearing/arraignment day.
SuperBowl4 09:13 AM 06-07-2021
- Pleads Not Guilty - Update : November 19, 2021 - Kansas City Chiefs agree to pay medical expenses for girl who was hurt in crash. Britt Reid's trial date set for April 18, 2022
[Reply]
luv 10:44 AM 09-09-2022
https://www.kctv5.com/2022/09/07/mot...ured-daughter/

Mother responds to Britt Reid’s apology on crash that traumatically injured daughter

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KCTV) - Ariel’s mother is expressing her view on Britt Reid’s apology.

She made a public post on Facebook telling Reid to “Shove your ‘Sorry’ up your ASS..........”

On Tuesday, Britt Reid changed his plea to guilty and released a statement through his attorney:

“Britt Reid intends to enter his plea of guilty to the offense charged. He sincerely regrets his conduct and hopes and prays for the continued recovery for A.Y. Mr. Reid sincerely apologizes to A.Y. and her family, and to his own family. He also extends his deep apologies to the Hunt family, the Chiefs organization and Chiefs Kingdom. Mr. Reid is sorry for his actions and hopes that his plea brings some sense of justice to all those he affected.”

Felicia Miller used middle finger emojis as part of her post and then answered questions from her friends below.

Miller is clearly skeptical of the apology and guilty plea, “Yeah they only put that s*** out there to try to make him look better.”

Other friends chimed in on the plea questioning if a deal has been cut. It’s clear the mom has her suspicions.

“Straight b******* and that’s what I keep telling Everybody. If it was the other way around I would have been in jail Without bond,” replied Miller.

Britt Reid will enter his guilty plea on Monday, Sept. 12, at 10 a.m. He will likely avoid a criminal trial by entering the plea.

The night of the crash, a Chevrolet Impala ran out of gas near I-435 and Stadium Drive. The driver called a relative, who pulled up to the scene to help. That’s when a Ram pickup truck struck both vehicles. Britt Reid was identified as the driver.

Following the crash, an officer reported that Reid smelled of alcohol and his eyes were bloodshot. When asked if he had been drinking, the officer said Reid told him he had 2-3 drinks, and that he was on Adderall. According to court records, the officer conducted several sobriety tests and Reid showed signs of impairment.

Ariel suffered a traumatic brain injury and was hospitalized for weeks. In November, the girl’s family and the Chiefs announced they had reached a care plan for the child.

Attorney for the victims in the crash Tom Porto released the following statement Tuesday:

"The five victims of this crime are relieved that the defendant has chosen to plead guilty and are hopeful that the defendant receives the maximum sentence allowable by law."
-- Attorney Tom Porto
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:46 AM 09-09-2022
She ain't wrong.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:27 PM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
She ain't wrong.
No shit. Any word on how the little girl is doing? Totally sucks...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:35 PM 09-12-2022
Fuck, this whole thing sucks so much. I have zero sympathy for Britt. None. Nada. He needs to ask for the maximum sentence himself, just because. How do you live with yourself after something like this. Jail seems to be the obvious and easy part. FUCK drunk drivers... I don't care who they are!

https://sports.yahoo.com/family-of-y...185900864.html
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:32 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
No shit. Any word on how the little girl is doing? Totally sucks...
Haven't seen any updates since she came from the coma and left the hospital. Poor kid.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:06 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Fuck, this whole thing sucks so much. I have zero sympathy for Britt. None. Nada. He needs to ask for the maximum sentence himself, just because. How do you live with yourself after something like this. Jail seems to be the obvious and easy part. FUCK drunk drivers... I don't care who they are!

https://sports.yahoo.com/family-of-y...185900864.html
I feel for them, but I'm not sure what exactly they're wanting to happen. It sounds like Missouri law tops out at 7 years, and there's no guarantee that a long trial would result in more than the 4 years in the plea deal. And really, would they feel THAT much better if it was 7 instead of 4? You can be mad that the law is what it is, but not sure much else can really be done here.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:22 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I feel for them, but I'm not sure what exactly they're wanting to happen. It sounds like Missouri law tops out at 7 years, and there's no guarantee that a long trial would result in more than the 4 years in the plea deal. And really, would they feel THAT much better if it was 7 instead of 4? You can be mad that the law is what it is, but not sure much else can really be done here.
I get the emotional response from the mother, I would be highly emotional too if it were my child/family member. It really is the law that needs to change. Frankly, I believe if this case hadn't been so highly publicized Britt would probably get felony probation or some similar slap on the wrist, not the 4 year plea.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:03 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Having watched what a family that went through this because of a drunk driver, I will never feel that 7 years, much less 4, is even close to being the price that should be paid for such an avoidable terrible decision.

Sorry this is a topic that I have little objectivity on. It's one of those, "play with the bull (drinking and driving), get the horns (when you fuck up)". People who get behind the wheel drunk should fear getting ass-raped for many decades because they think they're OK.

Like I said, I'm not objective.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:23 PM 11-01-2022
Britt Reid is scheduled to be sentenced this afternoon, Tuesday Nov. 01, 2022
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:29 PM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Britt Reid is scheduled to be sentenced tomorrow afternoon, Tuesday Nov. 01, 2022
What continent you posting from?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:30 PM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
^^^^
Shit humans.

Who support Britt SOLEY because he used to be a Chief. This isn't even his 1st time arrested for violent drunk driving incidents.

You guys are scum.
you should know a lot about shit humans and scum...
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:34 PM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
What continent you posting from?
Antarctica
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:28 AM 11-02-2022
https://www.nfl.com/news/ex-chiefs-a...ears-in-prison

Ex-Chiefs assistant Britt Reid was sentenced to three years in prison.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:46 AM 11-02-2022
I'm glad to see the Chiefs organization has committed to helping support the family. Most people have no idea the expense of having to care for a child injured like this. I hope the family has done their due diligence in estimating the cost so they're adequately covered.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:49 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Will be fine? She has a traumatic brain injury, which can make her appear fine on the surface, but could impact learning and cognitive function for the rest of her life. There can even be physical side effects from a TBI that last a lifetime such as dizziness and sleep disturbance.

And not sure what being poor has to do with any of this, especially a child who has no control over the privileges she's not awarded in being born poor.
Right? Some of the shit people say here on CP.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up