ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 319
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:49 AM 02-25-2021
Sorry for posting the PFF estimates for Free Agent contracts.

I was going to use the PFF info and match that up with what Spotrac.com had for Market value, but then I ran out of time, so just posted the PFF data.

The PFF info is not very good -

Another example of the huge difference between the two -

OT Cam Robinson - PFF 1 year $2 million ($2 million guaranteed)

OT Cam Robinson - Spotrac 4 years $45.598 million ($11.3 million Average)

Big, big difference.

The market value on Spotrac.com is only on a few free agents, but go to -
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/
Change your filters to try and find the player you are looking for.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:51 AM 02-25-2021
Okwara is horrible against the run. I highly doubt we consider him for significant money
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:03 AM 02-25-2021
Thought this was interesting -

Edge Jadeveon Clowney - PFF 1 year $13 million ($13 million guaranteed)

BUT

Edge Jadeveon Clowney - Spotrac says 1 year $6.5 million

If he actually signs for 1 year, $6.5 million, that is certainly a step down for him.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:06 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Thought this was interesting -

Edge Jadeveon Clowney - PFF 1 year $13 million ($13 million guaranteed)

BUT

Edge Jadeveon Clowney - Spotrac says 1 year $6.5 million

If he actually signs for 1 year, $6.5 million, that is certainly a step down for him.
He ended the year on IR with 0 sacks on the year.

I’d be a little surprised if he gets much more than 6.5m and won’t be shocked if he gets less.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:12 AM 02-25-2021
Edge Haason Reddick - PFF 1 year $8.5 million ($8.5 million guaranteed)
Edge Haason Reddick - Spotrac 4 years $46.679 million ($11.6 million Average)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:15 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He ended the year on IR with 0 sacks on the year.

I’d be a little surprised if he gets much more than 6.5m and won’t be shocked if he gets less.
This is why Veach should grab him because his value is at it's lowest right now and when healthy and motivated he could be a huge problem alongside Frank and Chris plus he's good against the run.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 06:52 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
This is why Veach should grab him because his value is at it's lowest right now and when healthy and motivated he could be a huge problem alongside Frank and Chris plus he's good against the run.
I would only do this if we can't get a top target in the first round of the draft.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:21 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Sorry for posting the PFF estimates for Free Agent contracts.

I was going to use the PFF info and match that up with what Spotrac.com had for Market value, but then I ran out of time, so just posted the PFF data.

The PFF info is not very good -

Another example of the huge difference between the two -

OT Cam Robinson - PFF 1 year $2 million ($2 million guaranteed)

OT Cam Robinson - Spotrac 4 years $45.598 million ($11.3 million Average)

Big, big difference.

The market value on Spotrac.com is only on a few free agents, but go to -
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/
Change your filters to try and find the player you are looking for.
I still think I'd consider Cam Robinson with that price. He's your starting LT while Fisher recovers and then he's your LG in the future. I'd rather shell out 45M for a long term solution than spending millions on a short gap solution.
[Reply]
-King- 08:56 AM 02-25-2021
He wasn't a "huge problem" next to Watt and Mercilus so why would that be any better now with age and injuries piling up?
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 02-25-2021
I mean, if it was like a year for 2.5 million, sure sign him. I wouldn't have high expectations.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:29 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He wasn't a "huge problem" next to Watt and Mercilus so why would that be any better now with age and injuries piling up?
Well actually he got nine sacks in each of his last two seasons in texas. And also it's not just about the sacks it's about stopping the run too which we desperately need to improve next season.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:30 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He was around a 10 sack/year player as a starter in Houston (24.5 sacks in 35 games his last 3 seasons, when he was a full-time starter). As recently as 2018, he racked up 9.5 sacks.

On a short, cheap "prove-it" deal it could pay off nicely.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:37 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He was around a 10 sack/year player as a starter in Houston (24.5 sacks in 35 games his last 3 seasons, when he was a full-time starter). As recently as 2018, he racked up 9.5 sacks.

Exactly!!..i get the feeling the league is not super high on him right now so it could be a great opportunity to get a good, experienced pass rusher on a cheap deal. Frank and Jones are good for eight to ten sacks in a season, get Clowney to add seven or more and we'd be in business.
[Reply]
-King- 10:40 AM 02-25-2021
Well actually he got nine sacks in each of his last two seasons in texas. And also it's not just about the sacks it's about stopping the run too which we desperately need to improve next season.
9 sacks is not a "huge problem". And we desperately need to improve our pass rush much much more than our run defense. And getting a guy who has 32 sacks in 7 seasons doesn't do that.
[Reply]
-King- 10:45 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He has never had 10 sacks in his career. At his very best he averages 9 sacks for a 2 year period. Other than that his next best year is 6 sacks. The last 2 years he has 3 sacks in 19 starts (21 games played overall) and a bunch of games missed due to injury.

If he wants to come in and be a backup/rotational guy, fine but there is NO way he should come in and start. We need to draft or sign someone a lot better than him to start at our other DE spot.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 319
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up