ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 334 of 335
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335 >
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:56 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This has reignited the hate train for D&D.

But it sure would have helped if GRRM applied the same concern towards, I dunno, finishing the books?
Has he even finished WOW yet?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 PM 11-29-2021

But it sure would have helped if GRRM applied the same concern towards, I dunno, finishing the books?
Yeah - it mostly just reminds me that the guy's written one !@#$ing book in the last 17 years.

That's right folks - one book....in over 200 months.

If you went into a coma 12 months into George W. Bush's 2nd term and woke up yesterday, you'd have missed a single book.

So George, maybe if you didn't want the damn thing going sideways on you, maybe you should've sat your ass down and written something.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:22 PM 11-29-2021

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:24 PM 11-29-2021
I didn't realize it was that bad. What the hell has he been doing for the last 17 years?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I didn't realize it was that bad. What the hell has he been doing for the last 17 years?
Can you imagine being an 'early adopter'?

First book was released 25 years ago. And the first 3 books happened over a 4 year period.

21 years later he's published 2 more.

I mean the Dark Tower Series technically took 30 years from beginning to end, but I think the last book was something of a coda and it's not like Steven King wasn't busy writing a whole shitload of OTHER books with bad endings over that period.

Martin, OTOH, just seems stuck.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:35 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can you imagine being an 'early adopter'?

First book was released 25 years ago. And the first 3 books happened over a 4 year period.

21 years later he's published 2 more.

I mean the Dark Tower Series technically took 30 years from beginning to end, but I think the last book was something of a coda and it's not like Steven King wasn't busy writing a whole shitload of OTHER books with bad endings over that period.

Martin, OTOH, just seems stuck.
I don't think GRRM is stuck as much as he's complacent because he got his fat pay day and doesn't feel a sense of urgency to finish.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:32 AM 11-30-2021
I have not brought myself to watch this just yet but someone has the first edition of GOT so when she is done with it I'll read it. It's a thick book that's what she said.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:48 AM 11-30-2021
The only reason I clicked on this thread was to see if that lazy fuck had finished the sixth book yet. Of course the answer is no. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:47 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The only reason I clicked on this thread was to see if that lazy fuck had finished the sixth book yet. Of course the answer is no. :-)
I'm not giving that fucker another penny until he actually finishes the series.

Which is never going to happen.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:11 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I have not brought myself to watch this just yet but someone has the first edition of GOT so when she is done with it I'll read it. It's a thick book that's what she said.
Books 1-3 are great. They are large but very breezy to read.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:19 AM 11-30-2021
Anyone else read the Kingkiller Chronicle as well? Seems like Patrick Rothfuss has modeled his career after GRRM in that he wrote several highly acclaimed books and then just didn't do shit for the next decade while fans were clamoring for the next book while attacking any fans that get frustrated with the delay.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:25 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Books 1-3 are great. They are large but very breezy to read.
I wouldn't say they were breezy by any means. Martin writes like Stephen King - takes a great 1,000 page story and makes it 1,500 pages long. Five page expositions of bit characters or descriptions of meal selections that sound like they're straight out of the vendor trays of Life of Brian really aren't necessary. But I did enjoy the first three books, which I read in rapid succession after learning HBO was producing the series. The fourth book sucked, and the fifth book wasn't much better. Considering how the show ended and that Martin will probably die of old age before finishing the next book and certainly die of old age before finishing the last, I would absolutely not recommend the books because there's just no point.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:33 AM 11-30-2021
In his defense, he has written a few things in the GoT universe in that time. Since 2005, in addition to A Dance with Dragons, he's written some Dunk and Egg novellas, the World of Ice and Fire, and Fire and Blood.

Those others definitely work to build the lore, but he really needs to finish the main story. Given his age and all of the loose ends he's created, I can't imagine he'll be able to do so before he croaks.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:40 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
In his defense, he has written a few things in the GoT universe in that time. Since 2005, in addition to A Dance with Dragons, he's written some Dunk and Egg novellas, the World of Ice and Fire, and Fire and Blood.

Those others definitely work to build the lore, but he really needs to finish the main story. Given his age and all of the loose ends he's created, I can't imagine he'll be able to do so before he croaks.
All trash and avoidance of finishing the actual story. Essentially money grabs while he fucks his readers.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:41 AM 11-30-2021
This dude isn't just a clown, he's the whole damn circus, including the tent.
[Reply]
Page 334 of 335
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335 >
Up