Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 08-01-2022
New trailer holy fuuuuck

The new trailer for #Andor is here!

Coming September 21. pic.twitter.com/oGdhOt06EA

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstufff) August 1, 2022

[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:54 AM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
1st scene of episode 1 has a female alien bartender, but she only has 1 line I think. Also in episode 1 there is a giant salamander looking thing that the black guy brings along as intimidation to try to get Andor to pay him whatever he owes.
Yes, correct. I remember that now. I wonder if they didn't have the budget for the typical Star Wars alien diversity? Or maybe they didn't want to bother.
[Reply]
rydogg58 07:37 PM 01-06-2023
After I watched the series and loved it, I made my wife sit down and watch it with me the second time. She loved it and said she wanted to watch more of Cassian. I said, well you know there is a movie that he's in, but you probably don't want to spoil this good feeling right now.

She insisted we watch it. She cried and yelled at me that I'm a jerk, and why would i ever suggest watching it.

So, my wife, who doesn't give a shit about anything Star Wars, loved this. And genuinely cried when she watched Rogue One. It's just a good damn series.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:46 PM 01-06-2023
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
After I watched the series and loved it, I made my wife sit down and watch it with me the second time. She loved it and said she wanted to watch more of Cassian. I said, well you know there is a movie that he's in, but you probably don't want to spoil this good feeling right now.

She insisted we watch it. She cried and yelled at me that I'm a jerk, and why would i ever suggest watching it.

So, my wife, who doesn't give a shit about anything Star Wars, loved this. And genuinely cried when she watched Rogue One. It's just a good damn series.
I just finished a rewatch also.

I've been absolutely amazed at how good it is. I was working while I watched some of the episodes and I obviously missed some little bits that really didn't matter, but added a lot of color and depth to the series. Like the part where Marva hurt herself trying to see if the tunnel is still there under the hotel so the rebels can get in. Throw away line, nothing nowhere, but on the rewatch wehn Bix said it I was like the Dicaprio Hollywood meme. :-)

I was considering it, and I don't think Gilroy is a Star Wars fanatic. Some of the stuff I've watched some of it you can tell they're doing it BECAUSE it's Star Wars, and they focus on the Star Wars stuff and not the story or the filmography. Both Rogue One and Andor are fucking TIGHT. No extemporaneous bullshit because Star Wars. He's telling the story that happens to be in the world of Star Wars.

Whatever, Gilroy rules.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:55 AM 01-12-2023
Finished the other day. Incredible show. Really hoping they keep it going. It doesn't redeem all the other garbage they've made but it's nice to actually be excited about a SW production again.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:35 PM 01-14-2023

The 3rd act of Rogue One is the best “Star Wars” ever put in film. Why didn’t you show that to her before now?
[Reply]
rydogg58 07:18 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The 3rd act of Rogue One is the best “Star Wars” ever put in film. Why didn’t you show that to her before now?
She's watched it before, she just didn't remember. It's one of those times where she says she'll watch a movie with me and sits at the end of the couch half paying attention while she scrolls through FB or tik tok. She just wasn't emotionally invested in it because it was Star Wars.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:42 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Best SW movie overall, IMO.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 AM 01-20-2023
She's watched it before, she just didn't remember. It's one of those times where she says she'll watch a movie with me and sits at the end of the couch half paying attention while she scrolls through FB or tik tok. She just wasn't emotionally invested in it because it was Star Wars.
I know that. Couldnt get her to watch the new Star Wars stuff until Baby Yoda showed up.:-)
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:36 PM 01-25-2023
Finally getting around to watching Andor.
So. Good. This is how you do Star Wars.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:38 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Buckle in and enjoy! It's a slow burn, but soooo worth it!
[Reply]
HC_Chief 12:26 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Buckle in and enjoy! It's a slow burn, but soooo worth it!
I binge-watched Eps 1-7 last night, 8-12 to be completed tonight. Excellent writing, direction, acting, and effects. Andor, IMO, is the best live action Star Wars content since Empire Strikes Back. (only reason to qulaify it to "live action" is the KOTOR and Jedi Knight games were phenomenal)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:36 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Its exactly what people have been asking for Star Wars to be for years.

How Disney keeps missing the fucking point is beyond me.

BTW

SOLO was much better than most people admit, it just came out at a shit time and in between the RABID hate for the last three (Which made me appreciate the prequals)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:22 PM 01-26-2023
This show is fucking amazing. For a bit of inside baseball, Beau Willamon is on the writing staff. He adapted Homeland for American TV. That's like having Sean McVay as your offensive coordinator.

Tony Gilroy (Michael Clayton) created it, writing the pilot and finale. His brother Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler) split the other episodes with Beau. this just in: Great writers write great.

the direction, however, was the first thing that sucked me in. Just absolutely spectacular.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:12 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

BTW

SOLO was much better than most people admit, it just came out at a shit time and in between the RABID hate for the last three (Which made me appreciate the prequals)
Not in my opinion. They blew it from the very first scene. They had a chance to open up with Han Solo being Han Solo and they skipped to him running away home instead. From there on it was a hodgepodge of bad storytelling decisions with decent effects and adequate actors slogging through a weak script. It could have and should have been much, much better.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:36 AM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Not in my opinion. They blew it from the very first scene. They had a chance to open up with Han Solo being Han Solo and they skipped to him running away home instead. From there on it was a hodgepodge of bad storytelling decisions with decent effects and adequate actors slogging through a weak script. It could have and should have been much, much better.
That's pretty harsh. Personally I really liked Solo. It's certainly no Rogue One, but it's better than all of the shitty numbered movies made since the 80s, none of which I have the slightest desire to ever watch again. And as I've said before, I felt it came the closest to capturing the fun, swashbuckling style of the original '77 Star Wars.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up