ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3263 of 3903
« First < 2263276331633213325332593260326132623263 32643265326632673273331333633763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:50 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Me personally?
Nah, just a general proposition.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Nah, just a general proposition.
Ah ok. Wasn’t sure. Carry on
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:52 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If immunity rates are low, COVID won't go away. That's all there is to it.
Well if you get to make the choice then Darwinism wins out. Eventually it will go away. There was no vaccine for the Spanish Flu.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:54 PM 12-08-2020
Yeah who gives a shit about other people
If you don't want the vaccine thats's your problem. That has nothing to do with "giving a shit about other people". That's called you made your decision you deal with the consequences of your choice.

In fact I would say I care enough about other people to let them live their life the way they choose instead of the way I want them too.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:55 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Wrong again. It doesn't last that long. People are still going to have to wear masks and social distance.
Sure....
[Reply]
DaFace 08:58 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well if you get to make the choice then Darwinism wins out. Eventually it will go away. There was no vaccine for the Spanish Flu.
You realize that all modern flu pandemics came from the Spanish flu, right? It never truly went away.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If you don't want the vaccine thats's your problem. That has nothing to do with "giving a shit about other people". That's called you made your decision you deal with the consequences of your choice.

In fact I would say I care enough about other people to let them live their life the way they choose instead of the way I want them too.
We are now at the point that your rights have no meaning anymore. Well I mean we passed that point months ago.

We need what 60% to get to herd immunity but apparently the other 40% will be vilified.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:59 PM 12-08-2020
I know this is the thing we've been debating for months now, but the goal of this is to ELIMINATE COVID-19, and the way you do that is to get as many people immune to it as possible.

It's true that people will be MORE protected if they can get the vaccine, but it's not 100%. And the lower the vaccination rates, the longer it can hang around. If it hangs around, that's what leads to a need for repeated doses in the future and vaccinating babies.

In short, if we half ass the vaccination effort the way we've half assed everything to do this point, we'll continue to suffer the consequences of doing so. Will it be as bad as it is now? No. But can't we all just do what we're supposed to do so that we can be DONE with this damn thing?
Covid is not going away. Did the measles go away? And when you say people should do what they are "supposed to do" who crowned you King to decide what others are "supposed to do"?

I think what you mean to say is people should do what you think they should do.

I will say this again. Get the vaccine if you want and leave others the fuck alone. If you choose not to get the vaccine that's on you. This is the mentality many political arguments are rooted in, people telling others what they must do. You take care of you. Once the vaccine is available then you don't need to worry about someone else.

If I didn't already have Covid I would get the vaccine and that's my choice. But it's not my place to tell everyone else what they have to do. Just like I don't tell you that you can't drink or smoke or anything like that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 PM 12-08-2020
You realize that all modern flu pandemics came from the Spanish flu, right? It never truly went away.
Well then this vaccine wont stop shit apparently.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 PM 12-08-2020
Yeah there is now. It’s not as effective as this one because it mutates and has high antigenic drift. I don’t remember which H virus the Spanish flu is, but it’s still circulating

H5n1 maybe? I don’t remember
[Reply]
petegz28 09:00 PM 12-08-2020
Yet you think we will eliminate Covid?
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 PM 12-08-2020
We are now at the point that your rights have no meaning anymore. Well I mean we passed that point months ago.

We need what 60% to get to herd immunity but apparently the other 40% will be vilified.
70% atleast
[Reply]
petegz28 09:02 PM 12-08-2020

It's fucking ridiculous. What you are seeing is people grasping at straws to keep the "it's to protect you from me" mentality alive. When the vaccine hits that dies.

Would I like to see everyone get the vaccine Yes. Is it my business if you don't? No.
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 PM 12-08-2020
For fucks sake guys.

If we have a high rate of vaccination, yea, we could likely eliminate SARS cov 2. Corona viruses don’t mutate like influenza viruses so if that stays the case, yeah, we could get rid of it.

Just like we could measles if everyone was vaccinated
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:03 PM 12-08-2020
70% atleast
Ok then. You doubt 70% will get vaccinated?
[Reply]
Page 3263 of 3903
« First < 2263276331633213325332593260326132623263 32643265326632673273331333633763 > Last »
Up