ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The C.J Hanson Thread*****
Dante84 04:51 PM 04-27-2024
More to come!

C.J. Hanson was drafted in round 7 pick 248 in the 2024 draft class. He scored a 9.84 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 26 out of 1583 OG from 1987 to 2024. https://t.co/YHPcF5MPox pic.twitter.com/Jl9oPENbQn

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 27, 2024

Originally Posted by :

By Lance Zierlein
Overview

Durable three-year starting guard with a captain's "C" added to his jersey in 2023. Hanson plays with terrific technique and gets into Phase 1 of his pass and run blocks with good balance and positioning. His hand placement as a run blocker is above average, while his pass punch is well-timed and accurate. Hanson does the right things, but he simply lacks the play strength needed to match up with NFL defensive tackles. Hanson could be a potential late-round or free-agent target for a team looking to add muscle and mass during a year on the practice squad.

Strengths
Throws punch hands with firmness and right down the chute.
Hands and feet in harmony throughout his protection reps.
Good eyes and hand twitch to pass and receive against twists.
Body control and footwork to adjust and land as pulling guard.
Is technically sound in run game and understands his landmarks.

Weaknesses
Below-average play strength in upper and lower body.
Struggled to displace or neutralize interior targets versus Boston College.
Lacks agility for sudden recovery when beaten.
Feet can lag in mirroring edge-to-edge movement.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
I'm probably overly optimistic, but Jacobs seems like he might have the potential to replace Bolton too.
I think if everything went really well with him, he'd backfill for Tranquill.

But man, you're talking about a top 10% of his probable outcomes scenario. If you get a solid rotational LBer for 4 years, you're well ahead of the game.

Seems like penciling him in as a replacement for a guy who's anchored your LB corps through 2 championship runs is...iffy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah it seems like Veach is covering his bases to prepare for next year. Tranquil for Bolton, Williams/Watson/Conner for Sneed and now Nourzad/Hanson for Creed/Trey.

I think the G market priced us out of Trey Smith unfortunately, but I agree with you that Nourzad has a really high floor. Strength, size, smarts are all really solid. I think that’s your starting RG in 2025.

Hanson has really nice attributes but I feel he’s a backup in the Allegretti role, which is fine by me. Don’t think he ever gets the opportunity to start for a team like Allegretti is getting now.
I'm really interested to see the Smith thing play out. It's not like the blood clot thing went away. Hell if he went to the Chargers, he'd probably stroke out on the field in Training Camp. He also has some bad snaps on film. I think he was playing through injury, which is exactly what you want, but they're still out there. It's possible he goes cheaper than he should.

He seems like a good dude, I hope he gets paid. If he happens to not, I hope it's with us.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm really interested to see the Smith thing play out. It's not like the blood clot thing went away. Hell if he went to the Chargers, he'd probably stroke out on the field in Training Camp. He also has some bad snaps on film. I think he was playing through injury, which is exactly what you want, but they're still out there. It's possible he goes cheaper than he should.

He seems like a good dude, I hope he gets paid. If he happens to not, I hope it's with us.
i think we'll end up floored by what he gets. I'm betting he gets to the market with $18 million as the absolute floor, presuming another season like he just had.

The OG market went nuts last offseason. He's gonna start with the Robert Hunt extension and maybe end up a little above it or below it, but he won't be far from it either way.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:37 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
i think we'll end up floored by what he gets. I'm betting he gets to the market with $18 million as the absolute floor, presuming another season like he just had.

The OG market went nuts last offseason. He's gonna start with the Robert Hunt extension and maybe end up a little above it or below it, but he won't be far from it either way.
You're probably right. But sometimes weird shit happens. Probably wishful thinking at this point.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:34 PM 05-06-2024
He lasted until the 7th because he looks 35 with teenagers at home
[Reply]
Hoover 08:02 PM 05-06-2024
I think Smith will get PAID, but while I like the nastiness he plays with, I just don’t think he’s a top tier guard. So I wouldn’t pay him as one. Good. Not great.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:16 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think Smith will get PAID, but while I like the nastiness he plays with, I just don’t think he’s a top tier guard. So I wouldn’t pay him as one. Good. Not great.
I agree, although saying Trey Smith isn't a top guard in the league doesn't sound right if you say it out loud.

There are plays where he looks like an All-World guard. Like, smashing multiple people on a single play, or outrunning CEH while blocking on a screen pass, etc. But, there are times when he gets worked on a stunt or a game, and if he wasn't so ridiculously athletic, those times would be much more costly. I don't know if he just loses focus, or legitimately gets confused.

However, he is definitely near the top of the second tier, and the first tier is really only a handful of players.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up