ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 47 of 114
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 06:16 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
You think Kansas will build a stadium? No likely
You serious?

Kansas would write a blank check tomorrow. 80% of the sports betting tax revenue goes directly to bringing a professional sports team to Kansas.

The Chiefs aren’t leaving KC, but knowing Kansas will give whatever it takes is how Clark will get his way. Or just move there
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:17 AM 04-03-2024
Public shouldn't be funding Billionaire's new digs anyway.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:22 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by oldandslow:
The Royals are apt be in Nashville in a decade.

Baseball isn't football, but it is still a very viable product. Lot's of money to be made for everyone, to be honest.

This vote was short-sighted in my opinion, but Mo isn't passing any new taxes right now.

You don't wanna play, you lose your team. Las Vegas built is gonna build the A's a new stadium. Want to bet Nashville wouldn't build the Royals a new one.
Having lived in Nashville for 16 years I really don't see the Royals making that move. Atlanta, Cincinnati, and St. Louis would oppose that move.

TN does not use eminent domain as strongly as KS or MO as well. Also, the TN Tits are looking at wanting / needing a new stadium, and Nashville recently built a new stadium for the minor league baseball team so another new stadium may be fiscally unviable.

Finally, there's limited locations that Nashville metro can leverage for a new stadium. The Nashville metro infrastructure is already buckling, a new baseball and potential new football stadiums would break city infrastructure.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:24 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by oldandslow:
The Royals are apt be in Nashville in a decade.

Baseball isn't football, but it is still a very viable product. Lot's of money to be made for everyone, to be honest.

This vote was short-sighted in my opinion, but Mo isn't passing any new taxes right now.

You don't wanna play, you lose your team. Las Vegas built is gonna build the A's a new stadium. Want to bet Nashville wouldn't build the Royals a new one.
The funny thing about Nashville is they've apparently been going through the same thing...
https://tennesseelookout.com/2023/12...all-expansion/

Obviously, a team that's committed to moving there and isnjust using them as a bluff might change their attitude.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:24 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Having lived in Nashville for 16 years I really don't see the Royals making that move. Atlanta, Cincinnati, and St. Louis would oppose that move.

TN does not use eminent domain as strongly as KS or MO as well. Also, the TN Tits are looking at wanting / needing a new stadium, and Nashville recently built a new stadium for the minor league baseball team so another new stadium may be fiscally unviable.

Finally, there's limited locations that Nashville metro can leverage for a new stadium. The Nashville metro infrastructure is already buckling, a new baseball and potential new football stadiums would break city infrastructure.
Yeah, this a nothing burger. They're not going anywhere.

This plan was stupid. All the voters said is- come back with a better plan and details.
[Reply]
scho63 06:26 AM 04-03-2024
You can't be a true capitalist and expect a city to subsidize a multi-billion dollar enterprise.

I also feel the NFL should not have tax breaks as a trade organization.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:29 AM 04-03-2024
There isn’t seven years to figure this out. There’s two tops. It’s like people think after seven years when the lease is up the Chiefs are just going to be sitting there homeless. By that point their new stadium will be ready to open in whatever new location they are going, which takes years to coordinate and build.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:33 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
There isn’t seven years to figure this out. There’s two tops. It’s like people think after seven years when the lease is up the Chiefs are just going to be sitting there homeless. By that point their new stadium will be ready to open in whatever new location they are going, which takes years to coordinate and build.
dude, you gotta relax.

This was not Jackson County telling The Chiefs they won't help finance the Arrowhead renovations.

This was Jackson County telling The Royals to get their shit together and come back with a better plan.

Nobody's going anywhere.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:38 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
No voters are piles of shit. This city will be a lot worse without these teams. Boring as **** nowhere land.
Good job assholes.
I'd just like to take this moment to thank you for calling me a pile of shit.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:39 AM 04-03-2024
🤣 aww Don't let him spoil your victory lap. You're excited. Stay happy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:41 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
🤣 aww Don't let him spoil your victory lap. You're excited. Stay happy.
I am pleased, but I'd like to be able to actually discuss the situation logically, like adults.

I suppose that's too much to ask. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:44 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
dude, you gotta relax.

This was not Jackson County telling The Chiefs they won't help finance the Arrowhead renovations.

This was Jackson County telling The Royals to get their shit together and come back with a better plan.

Nobody's going anywhere.

I’m not disagreeing and certainly believe it’s possible neither moves counties. I’m disagreeing with the notion that they have seven years to figure this out. As I said, probably about two years, maybe three at the very top.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:45 AM 04-03-2024
You stopped playing during the game and came back when it was over. You could have talked to these philestines the whole time. You are such a musician.
[Reply]
nychief 06:49 AM 04-03-2024
Phew, thank God the crossroads was saved, people flock from all over the country to visit there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:50 AM 04-03-2024
I don't expect any of you that are freaking out to listen or understand, but I feel like I ought to try.

This was not a rejection of The Chiefs stadium renovation plans. This was 100% a referendum on The Royals Crossroads stadium plan. It was rejected for a lot of reasons, and different people had different ones, but mostly it was a terrible plan. There was almost no detail whatsoever. There were promises spoken, but the team refused to put anything in writing.

The location was a big reason, and if you think this was all about saving a strip joint, you're clueless. If you think that area is a dilapidated and empty, you haven't been there in a very long time. It really is an economic success story driven almost entirely by independent small business. Some of which would get wiped out immediately by the footprint of the stadium, some of which would be priced out by the economics of the situation during or soon after.

They don't have to do it the way this very loose, very unstructured plan suggested.

You don't have to kill a good thing to build a new thing.

You can have both.

And you can put details in writing.

Without extortion.

This was a terrible mistake on Sherman's part. I think he thought The Chiefs would give him enough cover to just do whatever he wanted, and he was wrong.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 114
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up