ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 185
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 12:33 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It would be hard, for sure. There's not a lot of fat left on this roster and few true luxury items. I would say that Thuney is the only 'excess' in that regard. Jones won't be back at his number either.

I'm inclined to agree that some of those guys will walk - but you want to keep your options open if possible. I really was disappointed we couldn't get a deal done with Ward LAST season because he seemed due for a breakout and a potential value contract. If you have some wiggle room, you can be a little more proactive in trying to find guys like that. Hardman's really the only guy you might be able to get a pre breakout discount on right now (who's extension eligible) but next year there will be a few of them in that category.

If Gay were extension eligible I'd be all over that. I think he's gonna bust out biggly this season.
See I think that’s why we won’t extend Sneed. McDuffie should be able to fit right in for him when that time comes.

This staff has just had so much success at corner it’s ridiculous. Breeland, Ward, Fuller, Sneed, Fenton. They’ve all played very well here.

I think you’re seeing it more now too with McDuffie and Williams
[Reply]
boilertiger 12:40 PM 08-15-2022
Just watch his Freshman tape. He absolutely showed it. He just got a little thicker as he matured and lost some of it.

He can shed some of that thickness, replace it with 'good weight' and be plenty mobile, especially as a SDE. He's gonna be a really solid, steady, productive player.

Still wish we had some speed on the opposite side of him, but beggers can't be choosers and maybe we'll get a speed guy next year. Or maybe Spags just doesn't care if we grab one.
Another thing about GK is he basically was always double teamed after his Freshman year so anything he did involved him fighting through two dudes at least. Purdue defensive line was solid last year, but it's not like they are an SEC school where there are 4 first round picks at least. It's almost hard to evaluate his tape as a sophomore/junior because he rarely got any matchups where he could demonstrate his pass rushing skills.
[Reply]
jettio 01:14 PM 08-15-2022
I do not know the situation with the Bears OL, but it may be the case that Karlaftis faced better on some of his Saturdays in the Big 10.

He does look good.

Chiefs should work out some scoreboard graphic that gets the whole crowd saying "Opa" like everyone is toasting with Ouzo when he makes a sack or big play.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:19 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
damn, nice

I'd love to know how that isn't a hold. Karlaftis isn't even slowed until he's by the tackle.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 PM 08-15-2022
I just think they wanted him to get reps - period.

His nose for contact and his athleticism really do jump out at you. But man he looks lost in space sometimes. He needs experience in a big way and it's going to be hard to get him that during live-fire games because some of the mistakes he would be prone to making will be complete breakdowns that can lead directly to points.

I'd like to see him play a ton this pre-season.
I think that's always going to be the case, to some extent. He's simply not a coverage guy, but that doesn't mean he can't improve a bit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:26 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I do not know the situation with the Bears OL, but it may be the case that Karlaftis faced better on some of his Saturdays in the Big 10.

He does look good.

Chiefs should work out some scoreboard graphic that gets the whole crowd saying "Opa" like everyone is toasting with Ouzo when he makes a sack or big play.
Gyros for sacks
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:32 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:

He does look good.

can't wait for plate-smashing night at arrowhead

will be hell on the cleanup crew
[Reply]
Sorce 01:38 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i still think it should be karlafogus :-)
Kelce called him that in an interview, this is the way.
[Reply]
O.city 01:43 PM 08-15-2022
Jenkins looked pretty solid for the Bears. Wish they'd trade him to us.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:59 PM 08-15-2022
hot take #1 on Furious George was that he'd have a better career than Thibodeaux.

My hot take #2: He's going to hit 10 sacks this season.

Book it.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:59 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jenkins looked pretty solid for the Bears. Wish they'd trade him to us.
Send them Niang and a 4th/5th.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:25 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think we’re extending Smith or Sneed. Maybe not Gay either if his price tag is ridiculous
What makes you think that about Smith specifically? Sneed i can see because corners are pricy but Smith and Creed are both cornerstones to keeping Mahomes upright.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:54 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, there were a couple guys that I'd have liked there too. Ebikite and Mafe and Williams.

But it's seeming like we hit well on who we picked, so oh well I guess.
I was kinda meh on Mafe but after watching him the other night it looks like I was dead wrong. He looked awesome.

I like Cook. I think we needed a banger for depth at Safety, and it looks like he has the potential to fill that role very well. But I was really high on Travis Jones and he looked really good the other night too. Looked like a perfect fit for what we need next to Jones in the middle of the DL. Big, strong, and quick. Pursued better than I expected, he plays way faster than I realized. He was still on the board when we picked Cook.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:15 PM 08-15-2022
George is going to be frustrating to watch because he is going to be held on *every* single play the way Tamba was.

It was so frustrating watching Tamba get an arm around his neck or his jersey pulled on each pass rush because they know the ref can't call it all game long.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:17 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
George is going to be frustrating to watch because he is going to be held on *every* single play the way Tamba was.

It was so frustrating watching Tamba get an arm around his neck or his jersey pulled on each pass rush because they know the ref can't call it all game long.
I'm okay crossing that bridge when we get to it if he's that good.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 185
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up