View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 25 of 343
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:42 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. It's laughable.
It’s expensive either way. You have 2 options:

1. Pay him what he wants but you can manipulate the contract (backload, incentives, loopholes for restructure years to give team cap space)

2. Trade him and use a very expensive draft capital to move into the top 12-13 picks from the late 20’s. That will absolutely cost multiple 1st rd picks and likely a 3rd (maybe a little more).

It’s funny how you guys don’t value a solid LT until you see Eric Fisher his first 2 years or Cam Erving playing the position.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:47 AM 05-31-2022
Just because he's asking for the moon doesn't mean he'll get the moon.

Also just assuming you can draft a top 15 left tackle, especially with where our draft picks are, is just wishful thinking.

Sign him now, hope he improves and the contract will look affordable in a couple years.
[Reply]
TEX 10:48 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
So if you draft a LT in round 1 next year, do you not expect him to have a developmental curve?
Yes. But he won't be eating the cap as the highest paid LT, while not playing like it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:49 AM 05-31-2022
Yes. But he won't be eating the cap as the highest paid LT, while not playing like it.
Also he could suck
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:53 AM 05-31-2022
What I see is "league source" says he wants to be highest paid
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:54 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Whoa 14th out of 32?!?! Give him Trent Williams deal asap!!
By PFF's silly and subjective ratings system.

As I keep challenging people, list the LTs you KNOW are better right now and would roll with over him.

My take...

There are clear answers:

Trent Williams
Bakhtiari
Wills

There are some guys that would be clear answers save for health concerns:

Tyron Smith
Stanley
Armstead

There are guys who are in the same general tier:
Decker
Tunsil
Matthews
Slater
Kolton Miller
Bolles
Mailata

There are guys who are fine but a step below that tier:
Jonah Williams
Dawkins
Wynn
Smith (broke dick keeps him here
Lewan (dropping after being a broke dick for a few years in a row)

And then there are all the young dudes:
Andrew Thomas
Darrisasw
Ekwonu
Penning

And everyone else that's listed at the top of the LT chart is a short-term solution teams are trying to move on from.

Seriously, some of you who think moving on here would be super easy/clear need to go look at the positional depth chart across the entire league.

Brown isn't good enough to lock into a deal where you ARE paying him a true AAV of 25M. But he certainly is good enough to lock into a deal where you are paying him around 85-90M in actual money over the next 4-5 years, with an out after year 3 or 4, and some planned dead money at the end... when considering the type of aspirations the Chiefs have right now.

Finding a good LT is hard. Finding one better than Brown is harder.
[Reply]
O.city 11:40 AM 05-31-2022
Unless the Chiefs have a mediocre season, I don't see how they'll be in range to get a premier LT in the draft. You'd be looking at the 3rd/4th ish LT prospect.

A guy people can then bitch about when he takes a year or two to develop.

time is a flat circle.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 05-31-2022
Unless the Chiefs have a mediocre season, I don't see how they'll be in range to get a premier LT in the draft. You'd be looking at the 3rd/4th ish LT prospect.

A guy people can then bitch about when he takes a year or two to develop.

time is a flat circle.
TEX and King would be first in line to bitch about our new LT (and Veach) when they struggle their first 2 years.

Absolutely no fucking doubt.
[Reply]
Iconic 11:47 AM 05-31-2022

[Reply]
-King- 11:49 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
TEX and King would be first in line to bitch about our new LT (and Veach) when they struggle their first 2 years.

Absolutely no fucking doubt.
Why do you think that?

And yeah I'll take a young LT that may struggle over an average LT that will also struggle at times but we're paying him like an elite player. Or I'll take him at a tier 2 contract cause he's a tier 2 player. Balls in his court.
[Reply]
O.city 11:51 AM 05-31-2022
You think Brown is just an average LT?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:52 AM 05-31-2022
Yes, he’s an idiot.
[Reply]
-King- 11:52 AM 05-31-2022
he's solid. Not terrible but not spectacular. If we were a running team I'd rank him higher but we're not.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:52 AM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do you think that?

And yeah I'll take a young LT that may struggle over an average LT that will also struggle at times but we're paying him like an elite player. Or I'll take him at a tier 2 contract cause he's a tier 2 player. Balls in his court.
Because you two are in that group that has consistently shown zero patience when it comes to player development.

also struggle at times”

Our young LT drafted outside of the top 20 would struggle MUCH more than Brown has, even at the beginning of 2020. You think you’d be prepared for that, but you wouldn’t. They’d likely be well below average to terrible.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:53 AM 05-31-2022
Tuckdaddy gonna have to be put on ignore after the bleeding that is about to come

The Chiefs have been open about how they view Brown. They absolutely want him long-term. https://t.co/YT7reZd2dR

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) May 31, 2022

[Reply]
Page 25 of 343
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up