ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 469
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:16 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
…and now look.

It sure was worth it to keep him for…*checks notes*…absolutely no reason outside of nostalgia.
Royals got close to 70.5 in WAR salary out of him for 4 years and that is with him missing the 2019 season. He made 35 million. Royals banked 35 million worth of WAR out of him essentially 6 WAR. I don't think a trade gets that value at all.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:24 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
No Santana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
any day without Santana and O'Hearn is a better day
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:30 PM 05-31-2022
I would rather salvy DH and MJ catch. I don't want MJ out there fucking up and then the royals send him down for Right field training
[Reply]
CatinKS 02:55 PM 05-31-2022
Tomorrow is a day game so Salvy will DH tomorrow.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
No fucking team would have traded Salvy with the contract he had at that time. Every team would have kept him.
But that's exactly why the Chisox traded away Chris Sale when they had a steal on him. Several other teams have done the same - they've used that contract length/terms to gain additional leverage in the negotiations. The Marlins extension with Yelich is another very good example. The Rays with Blake Snell. Chisox again with Jose Quintana. I dunno - if I ponder longer I can come up with another several names.

Many 'fucking teams' have traded guys with the kind of contract Perez had, especially if/when they were at the nadir of their competitive window. Because the value that he had for KC due to his under-market deal would've existed wherever he was traded to as well, thus greatly improving the potential return.

It always was a little odd to me they didn't deal him. Seems like right before the 2018 season would've been the time to strike.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:06 PM 05-31-2022
Absolutely no reason to watch this team until major changes happen at all levels of management.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Salvy is the only Vet worth keeping for his leadership and clubhouse presence with the younger guys.
I don't actually have the answer to this so I'd defer to the Royals fans.

But it would seem that a catcher's greatest value would be as a person who helps handle/develop young arms.

Salvy has a pretty long career at this point and while there have been some real standout performances among relief pitchers, it would seem that the Royals track record over the last 5+ years w/ young starting pitchers has been spotty at best.

Is there any real indication that Perez brings 'throughput' value in the development of young arms? Morever, if you're intent on bringing a new organization in, could the 'old guard' way of doing things actually create an impediment there in terms of simply wiping the slate clean?
[Reply]
lewdog 03:17 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't actually have the answer to this so I'd defer to the Royals fans.

But it would seem that a catcher's greatest value would be as a person who helps handle/develop young arms.

Salvy has a pretty long career at this point and while there have been some real standout performances among relief pitchers, it would seem that the Royals track record over the last 5+ years w/ young starting pitchers has been spotty at best.

Is there any real indication that Perez brings 'throughput' value in the development of young arms? Morever, if you're intent on bringing a new organization in, could the 'old guard' way of doing things actually create an impediment there in terms of simply wiping the slate clean?
My comment was made with sarcasm. I don't believe you keep a large contract just for clubhouse presence.

I knew I'd get Bitch to respond so my goal was met.

Thank you.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:24 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But that's exactly why the Chisox traded away Chris Sale when they had a steal on him. Several other teams have done the same - they've used that contract length/terms to gain additional leverage in the negotiations. The Marlins extension with Yelich is another very good example. The Rays with Blake Snell. Chisox again with Jose Quintana. I dunno - if I ponder longer I can come up with another several names.

Many '****ing teams' have traded guys with the kind of contract Perez had, especially if/when they were at the nadir of their competitive window. Because the value that he had for KC due to his under-market deal would've existed wherever he was traded to as well, thus greatly improving the potential return.

It always was a little odd to me they didn't deal him. Seems like right before the 2018 season would've been the time to strike.

Skunkhead likes to give out idiotic lifetime achievement award contracts. It’s what stupid teams do. He did it for Gordo and now for Salvy. Prob will do it for Whit.

Stupid teams do this stuff. Colo did it for Tulo and Arenado, Detroit got stung by Miggy, Baltimore for Chris Davis, Cinci for Votto, Minny for Mauer etc. Smart teams let these “face of the franchise” leeches go suck someone else’s blood.

Tampa and Atlanta and Oak and Cleve nearly always let these guys go. They invest their $$$ buying out young players from FA. Skunkhead is too stupid to know how to do this
[Reply]
poolboy 03:43 PM 05-31-2022
I dont think Miggie stung Detroit......look at what he is done in baseball
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:49 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

https://www.royalsreview.com/2022/5/...hing-for-omaha

Vinnie Pasquantino still mashing for Omaha

Omaha was on the road at the Louisville Bats (CIN) and split the series 3-3 to wind up above .500. They will come home for two home series starting tonight.

The headliner of the Chasers offense was again first baseman Vinnie Pasquantino. Vineyard had hits in all six games, capped by a 5-hit day on Wednesday. All told, he piled up 11 hits, 4 dingers, a triple, and two doubles.

Nick Pratto played three games in the outfield and three at first base. He went 6-for-23 with two home runs and a double. The second of the homers was 462 feet to dead center.

Some positive developments on the pitching side of things: Jackson Kowar pitched five shutout innings, with nine strikeouts, two walks, and three hits allowed.

Carlos Hernández went deeper into a game than any Chasers starter had yet this year, with 6 2⁄3 strong innings. He struck out six, walked one, and allowed one run on five hits.

The final line on Kris Bubic’s start isn’t the most sparkly - he did permit four runs - but it seems noteworthy that he did not crumple after allowing three in the 2nd inning and one more in the 3rd. After the fourth run, Bubic settled in and retired 10 straight batters to complete his six-inning start, ending up with six strikeouts and one walk.

Left-hander Sam Freeman returned from a month-long IL stint and resumed his season-long streak of no earned runs allowed. Righty Brad Peacock added two more scoreless appearances to his own shutout streak, which covers 12 games going back to April 26.

Leading the offense for the Naturals was second baseman Michael Massey. “Mashey” finished the series with 13 (!) hits that included three doubles and a grand slam. He also walked four times, once intentionally, and stole two bases.

Right fielder Seuly Matias muscled up this week, with three homers, a triple, and two doubles among his 7-for-18 series. He also drew three walks and struck out six times. Infielder Jake Means went 8-for-24 with three doubles and a homer, plus four walks.

Left-hander Drew Parrish threw another gem on Thursday, perhaps making a case for a promotion. Parrish pitched six shutout innings, with only one hit and one walk given up, and four strikeouts. Last year saw Parrish getting promoted in early June, so he now has nearly a full year at Double-A and seems to have mastered the level.

Alec Marsh struck out 10 for the second game in a row. He allowed two runs on four hits, walked one and plunked two.

Lefty Ángel Zerpa went pretty deep in his start, notching 6 2⁄3 innings, but wound up with a loss. He did strike out a season-high nine batters, but allowed three runs on eight hits, including a homer.

Left-hander Noah Cameron followed up last week’s 12-strikeout debut with another solid start. This time, Cameron pitched five innings, allowing one run on four hits, with one walk and seven strikeouts.

Righty Shane Panzini made his pro debut, and struck out four in four shutout innings. The 20-year-old was drafted in the 4th round last summer.

Ben Kudrna was impressive again in his second pro game, this time going four full innings with just one hit and zero runs allowed, and five strikeouts. Kudrna just turned 19 in January, making him 2.9 years younger than average Carolina League pitchers.

20-year-old right Luinder Avila pitched six shutout innings on Thursday, with four strikeouts, one walk, and two hits allowed. It was the longest outing of Avila’s career, which stretches back to 2018, and his best game by Game Score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:01 PM 05-31-2022
I'm starting to get on the Royals like I got on Mizzou Basketball the last four years. I just simply don't give a rat's ass. They have the worst record in MLB. I'd be OK with middle of the pack, third in the AL Central. But worst in MLB is just inexcusable. Grienke is winless. Salvy hasn't hit above .250 all year. Benny is a slap hitter and Dozier strikes out three times for every walk. And except for Witt Junior and MJ, they've been our best players. Merrifield went zip for April. He's just now getting right. Boo Bitch had an ERA north of 10 when they sent him out. Hernandez sucked. Singer has been up and down to Omaha. Keller is mediocre with occasional good starts. Bull pen God Awful. Besides that, it's been great. I hope they lose 112 games so new Daddy Warbucks will have his hand forced and have to make organizational changes. Sometimes you have to bleed a little to effect needed change.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:19 PM 05-31-2022
Yep. At this point fuck em, hope they lose out the rest of the year.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:26 PM 05-31-2022
Royals starters continue to give up runs in the first inning
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:36 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Every game they've given up a 1-0 lead in the first inning they've lost. Every game they've gotten behind by 3 runs they've lost. On pace to lose 112 this season, worse than the worst season ever (2005). And Santana is stealing money almost as impressively as Mike Sweeney did in his last three years. All four years of Chris Getz seasons with KC were more productive than this season for Santana aka Oy Como Va!
Ridiculous comparison
[Reply]
Page 130 of 469
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230 > Last »
Up