ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 39
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's wrong with Mecole Hardman - Part 2
dlphg9 05:43 AM 02-17-2021
Spoiler alert!

Nothing is wrong with him! Unless you consider Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce as being a problem.

Mecole was 3rd on the team in targets (62), rec yards (560), and rec TDs (4). Those stats are right in line with any other teams 3rd most productive receiver and none of those other teams had 2 guys that were 1st team AP in front of that guy.

Green Bay Packers #1 ranked scoring offense
3rd most productive receiving option
Robert Tonyan - 59 targets, 52 rec, 586 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 212
Rec - 148
Yards - 2064

Buffalo Bills #2 ranked scoring offense
Gabriel Davis - 62 targets, 35 rec, 599 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 273
Rec - 209
Yards - 2502

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #3 ranked scoring offense
Rob Gronkowski - 77 targets, 45 rec, 623 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 193
Rec - 135
Yards - 1846

Tennessee Titans #4 ranked scoring offense
Jonnu Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 198
Rec - 135
Yards - 2059

New Orleans Saints #5 ranked scoring offense
Jared Cook - 60 targets, 37 rec, 504 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 189
Rec - 144
Yards - 1482

Baltimore Ravens #7 ranked scoring offense
Willie Snead - 48 targets, 33 rec, 432 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 188
Rec - 116
Yards - 1470

Seattle Seahawks #8 ranked scoring offense
David Moore - 47 targets, 35 rec, 417 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 261
Rec - 183
Yards - 2357

Indianapolis Colts #9 ranked scoring offense
Michael Pittman Jr. - 61 targets, 40 rec, 503 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 164
Rec - 99
Yards - 1391

Las Vegas Raiders #10 ranked scoring offense
Hunter Renfrow - 77 targets, 56 rec, 656 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 227
Rec - 155
Yards - 2092

Average for top 10 scoring offense's 3rd most productive receiving option :

Targets - 62
Receptions - 41
Yards - 530

Average for top 10 scoring offense's top 2 most productive receiving options combined :

Targets - 212
Receptions - 147
Yards - 1918

This is how Hardman stacks up against the other teams 3rd receiving option

Targets - 62 (62 avg)
Receptions - 41 (41 avg)
Yards - 560 (530 avg)

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce combined

Targets - 280 (most in group)
Receptions - 192 (2nd most in group)
Yards - 2692 (most in group)

So what we can see from these stats above is that nothing is up with Mecole Hardman. His targets and reception matched the average of the 9 other top offenses 3rd receiving option and he was above average in yards, but the big huge difference is Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill just happen to be on the same team as him. Those two have 68 more combined targets, 45 more combined receptions, and 774 more combined yards than the others teams top 2 receiving threats.

TLDR;

Nothing is wrong, he's right in line with the other teams 3rd most productive pass catchers. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are monsters and the best pass catching duo in a long ass time.

PS:

Seriously Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are so good! There was only 11 QBs with more TD passes than those 2 had receiving TDs.

PSS:

Fucking Cam Newton started 15 games and had 45 less passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards in the same amount of games!

PSSS:

Fucking MVP Lamar had 65 more passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards and they tied for the same amount of passing TDs to receiving TDs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:20 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's why Mahomes and others need to stay on players like Hardman. If you don't want to be to put in extra work to be a part of championship teams then expect to get chewed out by us and if you still don't want want then we don't want you here.

Take it from Tyrann Mathieu on Mecole

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/tyr...no-2-receiver/

Tyrann Mathieu: Mecole Hardman taking things ‘personal’ as No. 2 receiver

I don't get why Chiefs fans don't want to give the kid a chance when his teammates thinks he is working his ass off?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 08-22-2021
Hardman only being a backup caliber player might be a blessing in disguise.

Keeps his cost down and he can still contribute 600 yards and 6 TD a year.

He is a tough matchup for most 3/4 CBs which is what he will be drawing on almost every down.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:23 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Kelce and Hill have tremendous chemistry with Mahomes. That's what's missing. I'm not sure it can be fixed honestly. We need a highly athletic instinctive WR. That's what Patrick likes. Mecole just doesn't have that feel.

I call false on your statement. It takes dedication and commitment and this is his third year to develop that chemistry. Holy fucking shit.

How long has Kelce been in the league? and Tyreek is a freak you won't find anywhere.
[Reply]
-King- 03:25 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I call false on your statement. It takes dedication and commitment and this is his third year to develop that chemistry. Holy fucking shit.

How long has Kelce been in the league? and Tyreek is a freak you won't find anywhere.
Even in 2018, Mahomes first year starting, him, Kelce and Hill had basically no chemistry issues together. It sure as hell didn't take 3 years
[Reply]
BWillie 03:26 PM 08-22-2021
Mecole Hardman is needed on this offense but he cant be counted on. Hes strictly a big play WR who will disappear alot. I fully expect him to have around 650 yds but can he become consistent. I would say no, this team needs to develop someone as a #2 WR.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:11 PM 08-22-2021
I think we all should probably get used to the idea that Mecole is a gadget player ALMOST exclusively. You can see the frustrating look on Pats face when Mecole doesn’t finish a play, it’s a large percentage of them, again, if we’re being honest. It’s the same exact look he had when Mecole was a rookie.

To me, it looks like Mecole is clueless running routes that have sight adjustments. He just can’t process quickly enough what decision he’s supposed to make mid route, based on the defense he’s facing. He still rounds off his routes and doesn’t take the proper angle in his routes to be where he’s supposed to be.

The good thing is that he’s one of the leagues top 10 fastest players and has good vision when he has the ball.

It is what it is.

He may turn a corner soon and put all the pieces together, after all he was a rb convert to WR in college, so he’s still very raw…but I just can’t say I can see marked improvement. He seems like the same fast raw guy he was as a rookie.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:11 PM 08-22-2021
LETS just cut fucking Hardman obviously he has no chance to improve his third year you are all right he sucks

How about
Fuck y'all
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:22 PM 08-22-2021
If the weak link on our offense is a guy who scored 6 TD last year we are doing OK.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:30 PM 08-22-2021
There’s an odd obsession with this “WR2” title.

If he’s an effective weapon, then he’s an effective weapon. That’s all that really matters to me.

And it doesn’t matter who we could’ve drafted instead. That ship has sailed.

Does he help us win football games? That’s all I care about.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:03 PM 08-22-2021
There didn’t seem to be much of a drop off in production without Watkins last year. In fact, he was involved in their two weakest offensive games.

If they could continue to put up 30/game with Hardman in a prominent role and a sorry line last year, I don’t see any reason for people to be pissing themselves now.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:06 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mecole Hardman is needed on this offense but he cant be counted on. Hes strictly a big play WR who will disappear alot. I fully expect him to have around 650 yds but can he become consistent. I would say no, this team needs to develop someone as a #2 WR.

You just described Sammy Watkins second year as a Chief being a #2 673 yards and 3 TD. that was his 6th year in the league.

Mecole second year as a Chief 560 yards and 4 TD.

Why do you not expect Mecole Hardman to get better as a WR?

How come you guys don't give him a chance ?

How come when guys like Tyrann Mathieu brag on Mecole Hardman you guys just ignore it and won't give Mecole Hardman a chance to prove himself?

This is a new season and Mecole is still young and learning he should have a learning curve from lack of experience going into the NFL but he doesn't get that nod because of his draft selection. Veach took a chance and I'm sure he is giving the kid every opportunity and all it takes is Mecole to prove himself but he deserves that chance to succeed or fail but fuck you guys not giving him that opportunity before the season even unfolds.

He made some big ass plays for us or we wouldn't have gotten to the Super Bowl or won LIV.

Remember Tyreek muffed a punt that ended up giving Houston a 23 - 0 point lead? Mecole returned a 50+ yard kr that gave the spark for a comeback but he sucks should have cut him then.

I just don't get the hate for a guy who is a playmaker and has contributed to winning our first Super Bowl in 50 years. Going into his 3rd year i expect more out of him also but I still don't get the hate.

He has earned this season to prove himself.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:08 PM 08-22-2021
Just why can't Mecole be counted on ?

Can he not learn and get better as a football player is that what OTAs and Training Camp is for? what do they do there?
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:26 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Even in 2018, Mahomes first year starting, him, Kelce and Hill had basically no chemistry issues together. It sure as hell didn't take 3 years

For the record you are saying Mahomes and Hardman can't and won't develop chemistry together because in a pre season game they didn't connect on two errant throws by Patrick Mahomes II? Or that they just never had that chemistry together so therefor they will never get chemistry?
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:40 PM 08-22-2021
For you Mecole Hardman haters I have a question.

Can a player get better in his third year or not?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:45 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
For you Mecole Hardman haters I have a question.

Can a player get better in his third year or not?
I have a better question.

If Hardman ends the season with 800+ yards and 6+ touchdowns, does it matter how that happens?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 39
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up