ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 32
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 01:58 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Eric Fisher played RIGHT tackle his rookie year. Once again, you're off.
Yes, and they protected him with alot of chips and TE's and such. I said nothing about which tackle spot he started at.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:58 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
There's an obvious reason the guys available right now at LT aren't signed.

Hell, I'd put whats his face we traded for from Houston at LT before I'd waste any money on any of the vets left out there.
Rankin?

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:59 PM 03-29-2021
How often do rookies start for Andy Reid? Chances are ANYBODY they take is going to be a rotational player to start.
Andy's first round picks have started that first year here the majority of the time (Mahomes seemingly being the obvious outlier).
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 03-29-2021
Yes, and they protected him with alot of chips and TE's and such. I said nothing about which tackle spot he started at.
You flat out said if they draft a tackle in the first he has to start at LEFT tackle.

You cited Eric Fisher, who didn't even play left tackle.

You're contradicting yourself with every post.
[Reply]
O.city 02:00 PM 03-29-2021
Rankin?

He's probably about as good as Villanueva at this point. Okung is better, but he'd be hurt after a game or two anyway.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:00 PM 03-29-2021
They've met with exactly zero draft-eligible tackles. Their draft board most certainly is not set.
Where did I say it was set? I said they probably have at least an idea of who they want, and if anything the visits we schedule will make it clear who those prospects are.
[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 03-29-2021
You flat out said if they draft a tackle in the first he has to start at LEFT tackle.

You cited Eric Fisher, who didn't even play left tackle.

You're contradicting yourself with every post.
If they draft a tackle in the first yes, he needs to play LT because they don't currently have a LT. They have a RT.

In Fishers case he was drafted to be the LT but they had a LT already and didn't have a RT.

So no, I'm not.

Whats it matter either way? THey can give help to the LT in the same regard if needed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Where did I say it was set? I said they probably have at least an idea of who they want, and if anything the visits we schedule will make it clear who those prospects are.
They've met with Jenkins. O thinks he's a right tackle.

The Chiefs must be clueless.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 03-29-2021
If they draft a tackle in the first yes, he needs to play LT because they don't currently have a LT. They have a RT.

In Fishers case he was drafted to be the LT but they had a LT already and didn't have a RT.

So no, I'm not.

Whats it matter either way? THey can give help to the LT in the same regard if needed.
I'm done talking about it.

There's only one way for them to do this according to you. You're not being reasonable or rational, just stubborn.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:04 PM 03-29-2021
I don't know, drafting at 31, I'd say its doubtful anyone we draft at that spot will be a day one starter.

I mean look how hard it is for WRs to learn Reid's offense....
Will a rookie DE really start on day one with Jones playing more on the end and over Taco and the rest of the crew.

Just take that best damn playmaker available at 31, and for the love of god stop acting like we have to trade up and blow up the rest of our draft to get a tackle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't know, drafting at 31, I'd say its doubtful anyone we draft at that spot will be a day one starter.

Will a rookie DE really start on day one with Jones playing more on the end and over Taco and the rest of the crew.

Just take that best damn playmaker available at 31, and for the love of god stop acting like we have to trade up and blow up the rest of our draft to get a tackle.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:10 PM 03-29-2021
:-) "Blow up the rest of our draft" Can we stop pretending it'll take a Herschel Walker type of package to move up?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:12 PM 03-29-2021

The problem with that logic is the importance of LT. You can sign Okung, but he’s going to get hurt again during the season...then what?

Remmers at LT again? Niang, who to my knowledge never played LT in college?

Drafting a developmental player in the 2nd half of rd 2 isn’t exactly ideal either if they have to come in as a rookie and replace Okung, which they will.

That’s a recipe for disaster
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:12 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) "Blow up the rest of our draft" Can we stop pretending it'll take a Herschel Walker type of package to move up?
Next year's first for a prospect is too much.

We are not getting Sewell. It's not going to happen.

Every other LT in this draft has question marks. Every one.
[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 03-29-2021

I think one of the T's will be available at 31. They might have to trade up a bit if they want a certain guy, but giving up a 4th or something woudln't be too much to get the LT you want.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 32
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up