ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3717 of 3903
« First < 2717321736173667370737133714371537163717 3718371937203721372737673817 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:28 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If your bar for taking a drug is that "I don't think it will hurt," there are literally thousands of them out there you could try. Almost none of them will make any difference, but hey, it doesn't hurt, right?

It doesn't make sense that one of hundreds being studied is suddenly in such high demand that people are going out of their way to get it without even consulting their doctor about it.
I am neither for or against them. I don't think there is enough data. I just wish we could find some kind of treatment. If these could possible help then we should take the time to study it.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:30 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
I am neither for or against them. I don't think there is enough data. I just wish we could find some kind of treatment. If these could possible help then we should take the time to study it.
That's exactly what's happening right now. Here's an overview.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/coronavi...ts-on-the-way/
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:31 PM 09-08-2021
I have zero issue with people taking ivermectin. I simply don't understand its popularity/demand. I feel like there is some definitive study on the matter that I haven't seen, or something. It just doesn't make sense.

It can't simply be cowardice toward vaccines.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:33 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I have zero issue with people taking ivermectin. I simply don't understand its popularity/demand. I feel like there is some definitive study on the matter that I haven't seen, or something. It just doesn't make sense.
To be clear, I don't either...provided it's based on a doctor's recommendation.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:34 PM 09-08-2021
If Pfizer or Merck release their pill treatments by end of year would you take it?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:48 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
If Pfizer or Merck release their pill treatments by end of year would you take it?
If I was sick enough that my health was in danger and that is what my doctor recommends for treatment. Of course I would.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:53 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'll keep trying to combat the misperception that vaccines aren't safe in the long-term. We have literally never in the history of mankind had any vaccine that had side effects that didn't show up at first and did down the road. Ever. This is not debatable, and anyone who claims otherwise is wrong.

Worried about mRNA? You shouldn't be, but the J&J vaccine uses the tried and true method. It's less effective, but if you want an approach that seems less novel, there it is. Fears over "new technology" aren't a reasonable excuse to avoid getting vaccinated.
Don't get me wrong. I am rooting for mrna. I think the tech is amazing and opens the door to so many possibilities. It is just very new with no long term data.

The Johnson vaccine doesn't seem to be that effective against Delta. Plus with that companies past I don't really trust any of their products.

I am neither for or against the vaccines. I think everyone should weigh their own risks and decide for themselves.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:01 PM 09-08-2021
Don't get me wrong. I am rooting for mrna. I think the tech is amazing and opens the door to so many possibilities. It is just very new with no long term data.

The Johnson vaccine doesn't seem to be that effective against Delta. Plus with that companies past I don't really trust any of their products.

I am neither for or against the vaccines. I think everyone should weigh their own risks and decide for themselves.
I have idea how you're using the term "long term data." What, exactly, are you looking for here?
[Reply]
TLO 01:04 PM 09-08-2021
If I was sick enough that my health was in danger and that is what my doctor recommends for treatment. Of course I would.
Your doctor would likely recommend you get a covid vaccination too, if you haven't already gotten one.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:19 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I have idea how you're using the term "long term data." What, exactly, are you looking for here?
Well the average drug takes about 12 years before it is approved in the US.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/m...rticlekey=9877

Phase 3 which is to help measure safety is on average 3 years. Honestly it really depends on the risk. If you have already had covid, young, fit, and healthy. Do you really think you are so much at risk that you need the vaccine?

The same vaccine that is supposedly safe but watched first hand someone in their family have a bad reaction and die from it.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:20 PM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Your doctor would likely recommend you get a covid vaccination too, if you haven't already gotten one.
My health isn't in danger at the moment. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:22 PM 09-08-2021

Phase 3 which is to help measure safety is on average 3 years. Honestly it really depends on the risk. If you have already had covid, young, fit, and healthy. Do you really think you are so much at risk that you need the vaccine?

The same vaccine that is supposedly safe but watched first hand someone in their family have a bad reaction and die from it.
So, you think folks should wait 15 years to take the vaccine?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:40 PM 09-08-2021
It's really difficult for me to reconcile these two perspectives.

It is probably the fact that it can be a treatment. If you don't catch covid you don't need to take it. Why put drugs in your body if you don't need them type of thing. Kind of crazy that 18 or so months in to Covid we still don't have a standard protocol to treat covid once infected.

Also we know the effect of those drugs long term. You don't know the effect of this new vaccine on you long term. It is an entirely new method that has never been used before.

Do you want it to be fast, or do you want it to have years of study before you consider it safe? You can't have both.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:43 PM 09-08-2021
Since when is J&J ineffective against Delta
[Reply]
O.city 02:00 PM 09-08-2021
Making a therapeutic for a virus is really god damn hard. By the time you are sick enough to have symptoms, you're usually at the point where there is already replication occurring at a level too high to combat in the short term.

It's just hard to do.
[Reply]
Page 3717 of 3903
« First < 2717321736173667370737133714371537163717 3718371937203721372737673817 > Last »
Up