ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brooke Pryor at it again...
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 07-08-2019
Well she couldn't get anything to stick to Hill so now it's the Tomahawk Chop...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...232394437.html

Originally Posted by :
That’s an interesting point. I think the franchise will still be named the Chiefs, but I do think that a lot of the racially insensitive things around the franchise’s fandom will be phased out — like wearing headdresses at games and the tomahawk chop etc. The franchise’s name isn’t as problematic as the Redskins’, which has been labeled in Dictionary.com as “slang: disparaging and offensive,” but the chop and the cultural appropriation involved in other fan traditions do veer into racial insensitivity. I think if those traditions are minimized, the team name could still remain in 20 years.
Yeah Brooke - they're getting rid of seats and building a drum platform so they can phase out the Chop. Seems legit.

So who's family gave her the 'intel' on this gem?
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:15 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Maybe at this point she wants out and is trying to fast track it.
its not at this point, its always been. She wants to SJW her way out of the local media. This bitch definitely has an agenda! Chiefs players are damn fools to keep fucking with her!
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:27 AM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Like turning the air conditioner up too high around a woman or something. Yes, this is actually a thing now.
Unfortunately, this is a real thing:

Air-conditioning is unhealthy, bad, miserable, and sexist. I can’t explain how many times I’ve gotten sick over the summer b/c of overzealous AC in offices. #BanAC https://t.co/QPME4lMTVS

— Taylor Lorenz @ VidCon (@TaylorLorenz) July 7, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 07-09-2019
Yea I don't like to be hot apparently that makes me a sexist.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:32 AM 07-09-2019
It's easier to warm up than cool down. Put on a sweater if you are cold in the office.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:35 AM 07-09-2019
Of course AC is sexist. How do you guys not know this? :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:38 AM 07-09-2019
I bet the chick's with menopause don't bitch about it
[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 07-09-2019
So let me get this right, somehow if you like being colder you are an asshole because some people want to dress in little clothes?

Also this "im freezing" narrative is fucking dumb, if its 65 you are not fucking freezing, I will accept a bit chilly but not freezing.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:36 PM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So let me get this right, somehow if you like being colder you are an asshole because some people want to dress in little clothes?

Also this "im freezing" narrative is ****ing dumb, if its 65 you are not ****ing freezing, I will accept a bit chilly but not freezing.
These people want to be oppressed. It gives them purpose in life.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:37 PM 07-09-2019
This has ALWAYS been the biggest problem with her.

I can take comfort in the fact that I hated Pryor before hating her was cool. It helps me reconcile my disdain for her with the fact that I'll never fully trust Tyreek Hill and think he probably is a shitbag.

But she was going on 810 in the mornings and getting players names wrong routinely. Steven and Nate were tossing her softballs and force-feeding her substance and she'd sit there, stammer for a bit, say she'd have to look that up and then start talking about her wedding or something.

She's just an AWFUL beat writer. She has never brought any substance to the table whatsoever. She has no sources, she has no insight, she has no interesting information. She's as bad as any aggregation service; I'm 100% confident an AI program could write a better gamer than she does.

This is a lot like Kietzmann for me - I don't think what he said in a vacuum should've gotten him fired. I just really couldn't stand the damn guy and this was an opportunity to be rid of a guy that was a drain on the local sports scene and burned up a really valuable time slot with dreck. Pryor's stupid SJW nonsense isn't enough to fire her - had Terez done all this same stuff I'd still pay him whatever he asked to stick around. But she's !@#$ing terrible at her job and if this could somehow be enough to be rid of her, so be it.

Fire her because she's bad at her job, even if this is the excuse you need to do it.
I agree. But I hate to use fairly innocuous stuff to do it. At some point “because you are terrible at this” should be reason enough.

Leaning on this as a crutch just perpetuated it IMO

She really doesn't know a damn thing.

As bad as she is in print, you really need to hear her on the radio to get a feel for how !@#$ing clueless she is.

This isn't me saying "Y'know, Jessica Mendoza knows her stuff but it's really gonna take me awhile to get used to a woman's voice during a baseball game..."

I will acknowledge an element of misogyny to that take. I won't concede that it's an inherently unfair take; I have 35 years of being conditioned to a particular sort of voice in that booth. Hearing Mendoza is no different than hearing Bill Simmons do an NBA game in than nasal twang of his - it's jarring. But it's definitely a gender-based annoyance so yes, strictly speaking its misogyny.

Brooke Pryor is just !@#$ing inept. This has nothing to do with her gender - she simply doesn't know the game. Or if she does, she's such a mediocre writer and such a bad interviewer/ee that she can't get that to show up in print or on air. The reason I think it's the former is that she also seems largely disinterested in actually discussing football when she's on the air. If she can find a way to change the topic to something inane, she's going to. That tells me she's someone that doesn't even really enjoy football, let alone understand it.

Whatever the case may be, she's just really damn bad at being the lead beat writer for the Chiefs. There may be some role somewhere that she excels at (I don't write enough anymore to critique her style; just her substance), but this particular job is an incredibly bad fit for her.
I actually really enjoy Jessica Mendoza. There is a basketball analyst that is solid too. Her voice is dry as hell but she brings far more content than fucking Brett Musberger or Vitale or whoever.

Originally Posted by Frosty:
It's easier to warm up than cool down. Put on a sweater if you are cold in the office.
No. Motherfucker. You have to sweat your ass off in a suit jacket while she has a short skirt and low cut blouse.

You have to eat shit on this. Her tits have to be out damn it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:42 PM 07-09-2019
Air Conditioning existed during Hitler’s lifetime, which very likely means he enjoyed it as well.

So what side are you on?

Women’s rights? Or Hitler’s?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:44 PM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Air Conditioning existed during Hitler’s lifetime, which very likely means he enjoyed it as well.

So what side are you on?

Is it summer like now? Cause if so I'm going Hitler on this one.
[Reply]
loochy 01:30 PM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

So what side are you on?

Oh man, Hitler every time!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Oh man, Hitler every time!
I'm sitting in my office with sweaty palms and pondering the possibility that maybe the 3rd Reich wasn't aaaaall bad...
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:37 PM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:

This, this right here, is why comedy, satire and parody are dead art forms these days.
[Reply]
J Diddy 01:42 PM 07-09-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:

OK. I mean if you’d rather me pull off my shirt and show you my fat beer belly then I will leave the AC alone.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up