ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Players can wear guardian caps in game now
Hammock Parties 12:22 PM 04-26-2024
Every DB in the league should be wearing this :-)

To reduce player risk and continue driving innovations in equipment technology, Guardian Caps have been authorized for in-game use this season.

Hear more from @NFL Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Allen Sills: https://t.co/PpqOBxEiHl pic.twitter.com/tXUlAaEDbR

— NFL Football Operations (@NFLFootballOps) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
HemiEd 02:23 PM 04-26-2024
This may be another result of the Damar Hamlin injury?
[Reply]
wazu 02:24 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
That's what I was gonna say too?? Is this a mandatory equipment rule, or is it just optional. If it's optional, it's hard to see a lot of players saying yes to wear them, especially if it could deteriorate their level of play, especially if statistics are saying it only reduces 10% when not everyone is using them.
It's optional. Going forward every player gets to decide for themselves how much brain damage they want to endure from the sport of football.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:26 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's optional. Going forward every player gets to decide for themselves how much brain damage they want to endure from the sport of football.
How much? It says 10% if not everyone is wearing them, 20% if all wears them lol. that seems specific.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:01 PM 04-26-2024
I guess teams will save a few dollars not having to put logos on the helmets.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:03 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
This may be another result of the Damar Hamlin injury?
Nah, the shoulder pads with a built-in defibrillator are a result of the Damar Hamlin injury.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:06 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You can wear one if you want to be called a pussy all game
I genuinely can't see anyone wearing that shit, they'd never hear the end of it
[Reply]
KCJake 03:07 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Tua’s career has been extended another season.
LOL perfect
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:08 PM 04-26-2024
I just can't see the logic in one player wearing a padded helmet calling another player wearing a larger padded helmet a pussy.
[Reply]
KCJake 03:09 PM 04-26-2024
I really feel like this is the NFL's way of avoiding lawsuits down the road. "Hey, we offered more protection, the player refused to wear it" kinda thing.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:12 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I genuinely can't see anyone wearing that shit, they'd never hear the end of it
They wear them in practice all the time. I suspect that fans would make a much bigger deal out of it than players.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:18 PM 04-26-2024
Run through his helmet and ask him if it helped.
[Reply]
rydogg58 03:18 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ping2000:
That's the first thing I thought of as well. I know they've worn them in camp, but it just seems it would be an awkward piece of equipment that gets in the way.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:18 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I really feel like this is the NFL's way of avoiding lawsuits down the road. "Hey, we offered more protection, the player refused to wear it" kinda thing.
Accidently downvoted your post as I was so in agreement with it, but rep.

Totally makes sense.

I bet that is exactly what is going on.
[Reply]
wazu 03:21 PM 04-26-2024
If I'm an established veteran playing anything but RB/WR, I can't imagine not wearing it. Fuck how it looks, you only get one brain. Want to enjoy the majority of your life which comes after retiring from the NFL? Wear the damn thing and give yourself the best chance.

WR/RB I could see not doing it, because it might be an issue for vision in the receiving game.
[Reply]
Spott 03:22 PM 04-26-2024
I’d prefer sombreros.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up