Page 98 of 103
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
VAChief 02:50 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Seems fairly unlikely at this point.

Curve is too loopy and the fastball doesn't have enough movement or life for him to have the iffy command of it that he does.

He's still awfully young but I've seen zero growth from him the last couple years apart from one decent relief outing where he seemed to be attacking and getting better depth on his breaker.
Yes, right now I see back end of the rotation at best. I hope I'm wrong, but he does need to develop at least one consistent put away pitch. He seems like, at least at the major league level he pitches too fine...and then walks more guys than you want from someone that doesn't have overpowering stuff.

His WHIP is 1.73 (albeit in a relatively small sample size). For his stuff he needs to be down around 1.2 to be viable as starter you can rely on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:40 PM 01-20-2023
The curve evidently looks much better in the minors.

Tells me it could be nerves causing him to guide the ball instead of really ripping it. It would explain the fastball not having any life to speak of as well.

Best shot at having the #2 upside we hoped for.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:17 PM 01-20-2023
You all are as bad as a bunch of damn women. Cry because we didn't get X player because we would not give up what was needed. Cry because we gave up too much to get X player. It is ridiculous sometimes.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:32 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
You all are as bad as a bunch of damn women. Cry because we didn't get X player because we would not give up what was needed. Cry because we gave up too much to get X player. It is ridiculous sometimes.
Well yeah. This is the Cardinals thread.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:22 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Well yeah. This is the Cardinals thread.
It is in all the other threads on this site and those some people posts in here. :-)
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:35 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
It is in all the other threads on this site and those some people posts in here. :-)
The Royals fans have a reason to bitch though. Zack Greinke said he'd like to return so they lowballed him, gave that money to a very mediocre Jordan Lyles, then the rest of it to the cooked Aroldis Chapman. Anyone with a pulse would bitch about that.

The Cardinals though? It's an embarrassment of riches for that team. But they're gonna do stuff like force Yuan Jepez to platoon and limit Nolan Gorman's opportunities so as not to expose him, and these are scared moves from a scared organization. We both know the age-old saying: "scared money don't win no money", or alternatively, "scared money don't win none".
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:12 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
The Royals fans have a reason to bitch though. Zack Greinke said he'd like to return so they lowballed him, gave that money to a very mediocre Jordan Lyles, then the rest of it to the cooked Aroldis Chapman. Anyone with a pulse would bitch about that.

The Cardinals though? It's an embarrassment of riches for that team. But they're gonna do stuff like force Yuan Jepez to platoon and limit Nolan Gorman's opportunities so as not to expose him, and these are scared moves from a scared organization. We both know the age-old saying: "scared money don't win no money", or alternatively, "scared money don't win none".
I wasn't referring to the Royals. I was pointing out that it is the posters on the board as a general group that act that way.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:17 PM 01-23-2023
Chip Caray is taking Drunk Dan's spot. That's a definite upgrade.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 07:38 PM 01-23-2023
I’ll miss Dan but seems like a solid pickup.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Chip Caray is taking Drunk Dan's spot. That's a definite upgrade.
Yeah - Chip's solid.

Surprised he left Atlanta after taking his dad's chair and spending 20 years there, but hey - Bill's gotta spend all that ballpark village money on something because it damn sure wasn't the roster.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:10 AM 01-24-2023
In the Harry Caray documentary on MLB Network, young Chip was playing Little League baseball in the St. Louis area. Harry was present at Chip's Little League games one day and didn't realize Chip was his grandson. Someone had to inform him, "Harry, this is your grandson." Chip was hurt.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:15 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
In the Harry Caray documentary on MLB Network, young Chip was playing Little League baseball in the St. Louis area. Harry was present at Chip's Little League games one day and didn't realize Chip was his grandson. Someone had to inform him, "Harry, this is your grandson." Chip was hurt.
Yeah, I never got the impression that ol' Harry was much of a family man...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:18 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I never got the impression that ol' Harry was much of a family man...
You mean banging Auggie Busch's wife doesn't count as being a family man lol
[Reply]
VAChief 02:40 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I’ll miss Dan but seems like a solid pickup.
I guess if you can't Brockmire he'll do.
[Reply]
seclark 02:44 PM 01-24-2023
Fuck Dan
sec
[Reply]
Page 98 of 103
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102 > Last »
Up