Page 65 of 142
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:01 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Because you played all but one of your toughest games at home. All 5 of your losses were to none playoff teams on the road. KC played NE, LAR, SEA, and LAC all on the road.
Home and road schedules only count when talking about the superior New England Patriots. Unless they show New England to be inferior, then they don't count.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 05:04 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Those are your stats AT HOME... on the road you give 7.4 ypp, tied for 9th worst in the league. You allow a 93.7 rating on the road versus 78.1 at home.

Meanwhile KC averages 7.8 ypp at home (Tied with NE for 6th), with an average passer rating of 103.6 (8th).

Interestingly enough KC is one of the few teams that average more ypp and a higher passer rating on the road than at home. Averaging 8.9 and 121.4 respectively on the road, both easily league best.
Those numbers don't look bad at all for us on the road, given our terrible performance in September. I thought the September numbers would skew our season totals much more than that. They've gotten better each week, and culminated in a masterful pass defense performance in our final road game of the season vs PIT.

Hilariously, our pass defense stats on the road are better than yours at home, according to what you posted.
[Reply]
Oxford 05:05 PM 01-16-2019
Wait till Andy breaks out the 3 TE package, Kelce, Harris and Benjamin with Williams running. Do I go heavy to stop the run formation or do I stay base to cover Hill Hill on the jet motion to the weak side....
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 05:05 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhamBlock:
Hunt won't be there for any of those explosive plays, and our secondary is greatly improved since then. You also won't be seeing as much Cover 2 as you did in the 2nd half.
Because KC is going to run the exact same offense that they did in Week 6. And if you don't think Damian Williams can catch a wheel route running down wide open down the sideline then you're more ignorant of football than I previously thought.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 01-16-2019
Those numbers don't look bad at all for us on the road, given our terrible performance in September. I thought the September numbers would skew our season totals much more than that. They've gotten better each week, and culminated in a masterful pass defense performance in our final road game of the season vs PIT.

Hilariously, our pass defense stats on the road are better than yours at home, according to what you posted.
The Titans and Dolphins both put up 30+ points on you in November and December, respectively. Shut the **** up with your stupid narrative that the Patriots defense only played bad in September.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:06 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Why are these fools so insistent on pushing this narrative that not having Hunt completely tanks our chances.

Hunt in 11 games as the feature back: 5.8 Yards per touch, 14 touchdowns.

Williams in 6 games as a member of RBBC: 5.7 Yards per touch, 6 touchdowns.
They're scared. They need something to believe in.
[Reply]
Iowanian 05:07 PM 01-16-2019
Honestly I hope Reid brings in the 3rd string WRs and has them run Go routes the first 10 plays....and then puts #10 and 14 in....
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 05:08 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'm sure, as we would be happy winning 10-9 but that ain't happening.

It's going to be interesting to see if any long term trends are broken because if season long trends continue its a blowout in favor of KC.
I'm still thinking it through but I think this game will be more lower scoring that we are all anticipating.

Just a movie I've seen before...
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 05:09 PM 01-16-2019

Your last 4 games of the year were against MIA, PIT, BUF, and NYJ. Those are the 18th, 13th, 32nd and 30th rated passing attacks.

Congrats...

Just realized that 3 of those 4 teams are your divisional foes. You play them twice a year...
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:10 PM 01-16-2019
After Sunday, I imagine that Jesus C. Jackson and the entire NE secondary will be having nightmares of this....

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:13 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
After Sunday, I imagine that Jesus C. Jackson and the entire NE secondary will be having nightmares of this....

Tyreek The Boogeyman even scares the shit out of Freddy Kreuger and Jason Voorhees
[Reply]
ThanksForTheLoan 05:13 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He was calling us hillbillies and other nice things until it got exposed that he's from North Carolina. He promptly stopped. :-) Poor guy also gets pretty upset if you point out his shitty grammar.
Umm, I am not from NC. Wow. I am 5 mins from Duke's campus however, you know, where really smart people go to school to better themselves and where a lot of medical professionals work. lmao

Reading comprehension, people! Holy mackerel.

If you actually left Kansas, ya might get some culture. Check it out some time. You can travel by car or maybe even by train. They have these things called planes, too!

bawahah

Ugh.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:15 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan:
Umm, I am not from NC. Wow. I am 5 mins from Duke's campus however, you know, where really smart people go to school to better themselves and where a lot of medical professionals work. lmao

If you actually left Kansas, ya might get some culture. Check it out some time. You can travel by car or maybe even by train. They have these things called planes, too!

bawahah

Ugh.
:-) Thanks for telling me that you are in fact insecure about where you're from. "I live near Duke. Smart people go there." That would be like bragging about living near Harvard or Princeton.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:16 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan:

bawahah

Ugh.
Lmao, man you are corny
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:16 PM 01-16-2019
They're still the Patriots, of 8 straight AFC Championship games. Of 5 SB rings. Coached by Belichick, the best coach in history. QB'd by Tom Brady, the greatest of all time. Yes, their age of dominance is nearing it's end. Yes, there are chinks in the armor. They will be ready, they are so experienced it's ridiculous. They'll be focused, and we'll get their best shot.

That being said, Reid is a great offensive coach with the next generational QB talent in place. And with the changes in defensive personnel, it appears that side of the ball is ready to carry their share of the load. IF they're for real, we'll win this game handily. IF they're not, I think we could lose a squeaker shoot-out.

I think they're for real, and we win big. The torch is passed.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 142
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Up