ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 204 of 432
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
CatinKS 10:31 PM 01-23-2023
laugh... who is 0-3 lately. Better that 1-7 for last FB games.

Heck...I could be off a few loses. Losers lose, and nobody cares but KU.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:34 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by CatinKS:
laugh... who is 0-3 lately. Better that 1-7 for last FB games.
It’s a long season, KSU fan. A season ago KU fans were mourning over the “worst KU Self team in recent memory.”

All that matters is being ready for March.
[Reply]
CatinKS 10:38 PM 01-23-2023
I'll agree that wins matter, but a FB win is worth 10 fold to a BB win. Which not one East of Manhattan will agree with. I luv a touchdown over a $Bill win any day.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:42 PM 01-23-2023
Harris hasn't been the same since he hit his head, has he? I really hope that isn't a thing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:43 PM 01-23-2023
I'll agree that wins matter, but a FB win is worth 10 fold to a BB win. Which not one East of Manhattan will agree with. I luv a touchdown over a $Bill win any day.
What a dumbass take

You’re irrelevant and always have been. Always will be.
[Reply]
CatinKS 10:44 PM 01-23-2023
With K-State future BB schedule, will be lucky to be still in top 4 Big 12.

@ISU
Florida
@KU
Texas
TCU

Lets let the cards play out. Hope to be in the top half at the end of the season.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:45 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Honestly not sure this is a down year yet as much as the conference is an absolute gauntlet (the KSU and BU losses over the past week aren't really problematic at all). We could very easily be NC contenders and leading the B12 in a month if Harris gets back to normal.
“Down year” is very subjective. By KU Bill Self standards, it’s a down year.

By 95% of other program standards, it’s the dream season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:49 PM 01-23-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
“Down year” is very subjective. By KU Bill Self standards, it’s a down year.

By 95% of other program standards, it’s the dream season.
That's true. We're still probably a top 10 team assuming Harris gets back to normal but certainly have less talent/depth than a normal Self year. The margin for error is very thin.
[Reply]
CatinKS 10:50 PM 01-23-2023
Laugh, KU T-Shirt Fans thinking that any K-State fans should have any comment wordily into the Holy KU BB season worth responding too. I'll go back to my hole until FB season.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:51 PM 01-23-2023
Shame you’ve never won any football games that actually matter, then.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:51 PM 01-23-2023

Bill Self: I got a tech when we were down 6, and that didn’t go well. But I was by no means trying in any way shape or form to get a technical at that point.

— Jayhawk Talk (@JayhawkTalk) January 24, 2023

Yeah, seemed like odd timing for it. Doesn't surprise me the way that game was reffed.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:51 PM 01-23-2023
Can we ban that clown from this thread?
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:55 PM 01-23-2023
Is there a stronger lineup that could develop down the stretch? Maybe like jwil, dick, Juan, rice and udeh? I get kj has played well, but he feels more like a6th man and might prosper in that role. But maybe they need to see more out of rice and udeh in practice to get there? I haven't been impressed with McCullar at all. It took Remy Martin time to get comfortable, and maybe that's what McCullar needs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:23 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Is there a stronger lineup that could develop down the stretch? Maybe like jwil, dick, Juan, rice and udeh? I get kj has played well, but he feels more like a6th man and might prosper in that role. But maybe they need to see more out of rice and udeh in practice to get there? I haven't been impressed with McCullar at all. It took Remy Martin time to get comfortable, and maybe that's what McCullar needs.
It's too late to really develop Udeh on the fly in games of this kind of intensity and MJ Rice is an absolute disaster any time he touches the floor (he doesn't seem to know how to switch on defense and doesn't run the offensive plays properly). The ship has probably sailed this year on both of them.

McCullar is missing a few too many shots the past few weeks, but otherwise he's been pretty much as billed overall (elite defender and mediocre on offense). I don't expect much change there either, so I think we're pretty much stuck with what we've got at this point.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:32 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's too late to really develop Udeh on the fly in games of this kind of intensity and MJ Rice is an absolute disaster any time he touches the floor (he doesn't seem to know how to switch on defense and doesn't run the offensive plays properly). The ship has probably sailed this year on both of them.

McCullar is missing a few too many shots the past few weeks, but otherwise he's been pretty much as billed overall (elite defender and mediocre on offense). I don't expect much change there either, so I think we're pretty much stuck with what we've got at this point.
It really makes you appreciate what a miracle it was for Remy Martin to appear 80's movie style in the Big 12 tournament and give us exactly what we needed to take us over the top in the tourney last year.

If we're completely helpless against Oscar this weekend it'll make me think we'll have an expiration date in March to whoever has a competent big down low -- just haven't seen us have a true counter for that other than Dick being scalding hot from deep.
[Reply]
Page 204 of 432
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Up