ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Great older movies you really like that NEVER get replayed on TV
scho63 08:58 AM 04-11-2022
I really wish that TV stations expanded their horizons and played movies we haven't seen in years or cult classics that deserve a shot.

So many of the same shit over and over and over and over. Worse is the stupid remakes that suck balls or worse yet the horrible prequels/sequels.

I'll start with two:

One on One
starred: Robby Benson, Annette O Toole and GD Spradlin.
Plot: High School All Star BB players goes to college and is not so special anymore

Divorcing Jack
only known actor/actress is Rachel Griffiths
Divorcing Jack is a 1998 satirical black comedy. The plot is set around the Northern Irish reporter Dan Starkey who gets entangled in a web of political intrigue and Irish sectarian violence, at the same time as Northern Ireland is set to elect a new Prime Minister. Writer Colin Bateman adapted his own 1995 book as the screenplay.

I would also love to see "The White Shadow", "James at 15" and "Family" television series replayed from start to finish.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:38 PM 04-13-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Body Double
Meatballs
Body Double was awesome! Nice choice. :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:57 PM 04-13-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Oh, I'm talking TV shows and not movies. I'll recalibrate.

I want to go find Kelly's Heroes. And Pleasantville. Maybe The Great Escape.
Kelly's Heroes and The Great Escape are almost always replayed during the Memorial Day weekend on TCM. If you have access to it.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 09:46 AM 04-14-2022
Better off Dead - John Cusack as Lane Myers. "2 dollars" boy, "Pure snow" what's not to love?

Hamburger: The Movie - Just watched this the other day. It's a classic 80's B movie. Racist, sexist, picking on fat people and Dick Butkis calls an effeminate guy a "f*ggot" so this would never fly today. But I remember watching this all the time on HBO w my parents. Times have changed a lot.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:18 PM 04-14-2022
Certainly not "good", but should qualify as "cult classic". I recall seeing this back in the early days of Showtime, but haven't seen it anywhere in many years.

Danny Bonaduce in his finest role....

[Reply]
Jenson71 06:06 PM 04-14-2022
I saw Martin Sheen's first movie role, The Subject Was Roses (1968) on TCM ~15 years ago. Very subdued movie that is based on a Pulitzer Prize-winning play. The two parents in the film were nominated for Oscars, with Jack Albertson (Grandpa Joe in the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka), winning.

It's the only notable American movie I can think of that I can't find on Amazon available for rent.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:13 PM 04-14-2022
Executive Decision

The only movie where Steven Segal dies.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:44 PM 04-14-2022
Speaking of Martin Sheen, another good forgotten movie is Dead Zone. One of the better Stephen King adaptations.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:54 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Executive Decision

The only movie where Steven Segal dies.
The best part of the movie...
[Reply]
Stewie 10:00 PM 04-14-2022
It's occasionally shown on TV, but the 1931 version of Dracula is amazing.

Made during the infancy of film making, yet they nailed it. The sets, the lighting and the general atmosphere were stellar.

Bela Lugosi took Dracula from the page to an incredible personification of the character. To this day every interpretation of Dracula comes from his ability as an actor.

Just great stuff.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:01 PM 04-16-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Excellent movie, Weller is terrific.
I always liked Weller and James Woods. They just had that vibe like the cool next door neighbor when you were growing up.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:05 PM 04-16-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Brazil

In a dystopian, polluted, hyper-consumerist, overbearing bureaucratic totalitarian future somewhere in the 20th century, Sam Lowry is a low-level government employee who frequently dreams of himself as a winged warrior saving a damsel in distress. One day, shortly before Christmas, a fly becomes jammed in a teleprinter, which misprints a copy of an arrest warrant it was receiving. This leads to the arrest and death during interrogation of cobbler Archibald Buttle instead of renegade heating engineer and suspected terrorist Archibald Tuttle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_(1985_film)
I always loved Time Bandits. I could watch that flick every single time it came on HBO back when...
[Reply]
notorious 08:37 AM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Chaplin starring Robert Downey Jr

Robot Jox

Guyver

Runaway starring Tom Selleck

The Navigator ( you can see it on Disney+)

Class of 1999

Cyborg starring Angelina Jolie

House (1985)

C.H.O.M.P.S.
Robot Jox kicks ass

House is entertaining. My kids love it.

Angelina Jolie was in Cyborg 2. 1 is pretty good. It has War Child from Point Break as the baddie.
[Reply]
scho63 08:43 AM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I always loved Time Bandits. I could watch that flick every single time it came on HBO back when...
Haven't heard that movie mentioned in YEARS :-)
[Reply]
sully1983 08:50 AM 04-17-2022
Fire in the Sky
An Arizona logger mysteriously disappears for five days in an alleged encounter with a flying saucer in 1975. His co-workers endure ridicule and contempt as they are wrongly accused of murder.

This early 90s movie was one of the most underrated alien/UFO type of movies that I've ever seen. Ignore the 42% rating on Rotten Tomatoes because it features some really legit terrifying scenes in it with some good performances from its talented cast.

I'm glad that I own it on dvd because I can't recall the last time I've seen it featured on tv.
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 AM 04-17-2022
Saturn 3

Farrah Faucett, Kirk Douglas, Harvey Keitel.

Literally the only 3 people in the movie after the first minute.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up