ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Great older movies you really like that NEVER get replayed on TV
scho63 08:58 AM 04-11-2022
I really wish that TV stations expanded their horizons and played movies we haven't seen in years or cult classics that deserve a shot.

So many of the same shit over and over and over and over. Worse is the stupid remakes that suck balls or worse yet the horrible prequels/sequels.

I'll start with two:

One on One
starred: Robby Benson, Annette O Toole and GD Spradlin.
Plot: High School All Star BB players goes to college and is not so special anymore

Divorcing Jack
only known actor/actress is Rachel Griffiths
Divorcing Jack is a 1998 satirical black comedy. The plot is set around the Northern Irish reporter Dan Starkey who gets entangled in a web of political intrigue and Irish sectarian violence, at the same time as Northern Ireland is set to elect a new Prime Minister. Writer Colin Bateman adapted his own 1995 book as the screenplay.

I would also love to see "The White Shadow", "James at 15" and "Family" television series replayed from start to finish.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:03 AM 04-11-2022
Sounds like a good way to get their viewers to change the channel
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:19 PM 04-11-2022
There are a few.

Give me some Deep Blue Sea action. It’s got Sam Jackson doing Sam Jackson things. I laugh at all the Thomas Jane jokes. And it might be relevant again with all the CRISPR stuff going on at the moment.

I’ll also take some Ghost and the Darkness. I’ll always stop what I’m doing and watch that. Particularly after it gets rolling.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:33 PM 04-11-2022
Have to think about this one a bit....

The answer definitely isn't Road House. That movie is always on some channel somewhere.
[Reply]
underEJ 03:32 PM 04-11-2022
I just got to watch Eating Raoul (1982) for the first time since National Video existed in Brookside in the 80s. I was 14 or 15 when I saw it and thought it was funny, but I didn't understand some of the more grown up social satire. It is certainly one of a kind! On HBO Max now.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 04:10 PM 04-11-2022
Kelly's heroes, an early Clint Eastwood classic that has an all-star cast, and The Sting with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
[Reply]
TLO 04:47 PM 04-11-2022
Backdoor Bandit Volume 4 and 5
[Reply]
Stryker 04:51 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Kelly's heroes, an early Clint Eastwood classic that has an all-star cast, and The Sting with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.
Yes, Kelly's Heroes excellent movie! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 04:54 PM 04-11-2022
Actually watching the Porky's trilogy on Amazon Prime right now. Man those movies would not be allowed today! :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:34 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Kelly's Heroes is still on occasionally - I found it channel surfing not too long ago and of course watched it all the way through. Probably my second favorite Eastwood movie after Unforgiven.

As for the topic, I was actually thinking about posting something similar. There are so many great movies that fall into this category, but the one that got me thinking about it was the old Al Pacino movie And Justice For All, a scathing rebuke of the legal system from '79, and probably my favorite Pacino movie outside of the first two Godfathers. Can't remember the last time I saw it on TV; I'm sure it's been decades. The final scene is unforgettable. I would post the YouTube video, but it is the final scene and would kind of ruin the rest of the movie for anybody who hasn't seen it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:52 PM 04-11-2022
hmm.

Beckett (1964)
The Lion in Winter (1968)
Neighbors
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:58 PM 04-11-2022
Body Double
Meatballs
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:41 AM 04-12-2022
Chaplin starring Robert Downey Jr

Robot Jox

Guyver

Runaway starring Tom Selleck

The Navigator ( you can see it on Disney+)

Class of 1999

Cyborg starring Angelina Jolie

House (1985)

C.H.O.M.P.S.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:26 AM 04-12-2022
You could have a Bette Davis marathon or a week of Bette Davis movies

Two of my favorites Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte and before there was Misery with Cathy Baits, there was What Ever Happened To Baby Jane a true horror thriller. Torture.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:31 AM 04-12-2022
Super Man with Christopher Reeves 1&2 although i liked 3 but not 4 those don't need be played.

Vincent Price movies never get old. The Fly,House on Haunted Hill, Last Man on Earth, House of Wax to name a few.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up