ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
Stryker 08:51 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
The lowest remaining seed plays the 1 seed so I don’t think that’s how it plays out. Likely the opposite.

Edit : my bad. For some reason I thought the Bills were the 3 seed.
From this perspective,

Bengals @ Chiefs

Bills @ Titans

:-)
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:14 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Poverty teams have a rb as their best player. We know all about that life. 1 seed or 7 seed if your hopes are tied to a pair of legs you’re dead in the water
Not really though. Last year maybe. This year the Titans defense has made huge improvements, much like the chefs down the stretch. Patches magic has worn off a little this season. No chance the chefs go on that win streak without the defense stepping up.
So the argument of patches is greater than a running back so the chefs are guaranteed to be better doesnt hold up.. especially this season. Nothing is guaranteed.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:24 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:
Not really though. Last year maybe. This year the Titans defense has made huge improvements, much like the chefs down the stretch. Patches magic has worn off a little this season. No chance the chefs go on that win streak without the defense stepping up.
So the argument of patches is greater than a running back so the chefs are guaranteed to be better doesnt hold up.. especially this season. Nothing is guaranteed.
I don’t miss having to be this delusional.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:38 PM 01-05-2022
Assuming we end up as the 2 seed, I’d love to see Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Vegas get the 7.

They’ll all likely miss, but none of those 3 stand a chance against us in Wildcard Weekend.

I don’t see a Ryan Tannehill team making the Super Bowl, but their path as the 1 seed is just so damn favorable. 2 home games and the first coming off a bye against a team that’s played several consecutive games without a break. They earned it though, and we let too many (well 1 too many) winnable games slip away.

I also want Cincy in the Divisional Round. I think we beat them by double digits in a rematch. Way too many things went their way in the first game. I think their fans know they were pretty fortunate to sneak away with a win.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:09 AM 01-06-2022
Derrick Henry's magic has worn off a little this season. No chance the tits go on that win streak without the defense stepping up.

See what I did there?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:45 AM 01-06-2022
Did I? I thought I came by to congratulate you for turning the season around, but it may have been after the bungles game. I was as surprised as anyone to see the chefs lose their seed so easily.

And for what its worth, I predicted a close game with the titans winning by 3 touchdowns last time we played, and stayed away because I'm not really one to gloat when I'm right on the money.

But I'll stick around now. Its playoff time. Good luck to you guys
Looking at the Chiefs playoff record since 2018 and the Titans record I think the Titans need more luck than KC. The Chiefs have a playoff win against the Titans.
[Reply]
eDave 12:56 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I don’t miss having to be this delusional.
This guy is lazy. Chiefs win, Tits lose and we simply won't see him again. It's happened before. It will happen again.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:04 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
This guy is lazy. Chiefs win, Tits lose and we simply won't see him again. It's happened before. It will happen again.
Like clockwork
[Reply]
UK_Chief 03:41 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Meh. Running Backs don't win Super Bowls.
Errr Damien Williams says hi.

(Just kidding, I agree with you)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:17 AM 01-06-2022
Wrong. It’s guaranteed that the Chiefs will beat the Titans like a rented mule if they meet again.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:39 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
Errr Damien Williams says hi.

(Just kidding, I agree with you)
If he did, then Damien would be on the team
[Reply]
UK_Chief 07:56 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If he did, then Damien would be on the team
He didn’t play in the SB against the Bucs… :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 AM 01-06-2022

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:15 AM 01-06-2022
Mahomes gonna make history and win the NFC, too.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:46 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Isn't it crazy that even with all the losses to playoff teams this year, we are still the AFC favorite to Win the AFC?

That's part of the reason I am not super worried about that come playoff time. We lost most of those games by fluke or weird circumstances (3 games for sure).

1. Ravens - Clyde fumble at the end driving for a FG to win.
2. Chargers - Uncharacteristic fumbles and 4th and 9 weak dpi call.
3. Bills/Titans - we got beat but we were slumping hard and more uncharacteristic fumbles and freak drops and such in these.
4. Cinci - one sided called game, every 50/50 ball being caught amazingly with our dbs hands on the ball.

We were a hair shy of winning 2/3 out of 5 of those games. Sometimes the football bounces the other way. We had a lot of things go our way in 2020 in some games just hard to remember. Win even just 2 of those games and the narrative is different.

This team is the best team in the AFC if we just don't fumble/drop our way out of it. Also need a little bit of fortune on officiating, that is just the NFL until they fix their shitty ref problem.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Up