ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>AVATAR 2
sully1983 02:11 PM 09-25-2017
Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:05 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Is his $300M ad budget statement close to accurate?
I think that’s probably a massive overstatement. Plus, since they’re filming four new sequels, the budget will likely decrease with each as people will be anticipating the next film.

Also, there will be different environments explored, not “space”. One of the environments will be an ocean and James Cameron is a master.

Look no further than The Abyss.

Plus, he continues to add talent, as Kate Winslett was announced in the past 24 hours.

I’m stoked.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:20 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think that’s probably a massive overstatement. Plus, since they’re filming four new sequels, the budget will likely decrease with each as people will be anticipating the next film.

Also, there will be different environments explored, not “space”. One of the environments will be an ocean and James Cameron is a master.

Plus, he continues to add talent, as Kate Winslett was announced in the past 24 hours.

I’m stoked.
Thanks, just curious how large the ad budgets are for the majors.
FWIW I'm far from a film buff but i very much enjoyed Avatar, watched it twice with my son.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:00 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I’m stoked.
I'm betting he won't be adding Ed Harris to the ocean sequel. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:00 PM 02-16-2019
Looks like this thing is finally going to come out Dec 2020. First one was such a beautiful film
[Reply]
sully1983 09:06 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Looks like this thing is finally going to come out Dec 2020. First one was such a beautiful film
Hell yeah . Forgot I made this thread lol.

Between Avatar 2 & Dune , I think 2020 is gonna be one hell of a year for sci fi.:-)

I'm esp stoked what James Cameron has up his sleeves for the sequel. He's hinted at some jaw dropping underwater sequences . He even threw out a backhanded comment on the underwater scenes in Aquaman recently :-)

Cameron is a record-setting underwater diver himself and knows a thing or two about filming beneath the sea with The Abyss, his various documentaries, and the upcoming Avatar sequels, and this is one reason why Aquaman wouldn’t have been a film he would make:

“I’ve spent thousands of hours underwater and I’m very literal about my underwater. It needs to look like it’s real and while I can enjoy that film [Aquaman], I don’t resonate with it because it doesn’t look real. By the way, it doesn’t actually help us with our issues of actually understanding the ocean and exploring the ocean and preserving the ocean. Although they did throw in a couple of things with whales and things like that to remind us that we are kind of using the ocean as a toilet and as a garbage dump, so I applaud the film for that.

“Yeah, I couldn’t have made that movie.”

We will get to see Cameron’s next take on an underwater blockbuster spectacle when his Avatar sequels release starting in December 2020.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/...rwater-scenes/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:57 PM 02-16-2019
Avatar underwater? Why underwater?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:33 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well, they like ripping off old Kevin Kostner movies.

Perhaps the next one will rip off Waterworld.
[Reply]
srvy 10:48 PM 02-16-2019
I hated Avatar and is 3rd time the charm on Dune. Dune was a great series of books that just doesnt translate to film well it seems.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:03 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
I hated Avatar and is 3rd time the charm on Dune. Dune was a great series of books that just doesnt translate to film well it seems.
Could give a fuck about Avatar, but as for Dune, I'm very cautiously optimistic. It's the same director that did the new Blade Runner movie, which I loved.

Maybe he'll get it right. Maybe he has enough respect/reverence for the source material not to fuck it up. Maybe there won't be stupid shit like weirding modules and heart plugs. Maybe the Baron will actually be sinister instead of ridiculous. And maybe the desert scenes won't look like they were filmed in an abandoned warehouse with a couple of dump truck loads of sand like the Sci-Fi series.

Maybe.
[Reply]
Fish 01:22 AM 02-17-2019
Climate change, bro. That's how serious....:-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:55 AM 02-17-2019
Avatar was cliched junk. The typical mighty whitey is a bad guy story and the natives are the good guys.

Atlantis the Lost Empire did the same storyline but way better and way more entertaining.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:44 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

I'm down lol I always liked Waterworld
[Reply]
sully1983 09:17 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

:-) ha I didn't even think of that.
[Reply]
Fish 11:50 AM 02-17-2019
I'm down lol I always liked Waterworld
I did too. Thought the idea was really cool. It was a little clunky, and took lots of criticism for the price tag. But a lot of that was due to hurricanes destroying the sets.

Ever heard of the Ulysses cut?

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...cially.777996/
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:58 AM 02-17-2019
Hard to believe it's already been a decade since the first one.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up