ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2174 of 2684
« First < 1174167420742124216421702171217221732174 21752176217721782184222422742674 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Best22 11:31 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Mahomes is human, shocking.

We've built him up so much that when he fails, we're stunned. We may have already seen his peak. Time will tell.
Peyton Manning didn’t enter his prime until his 6th season in the NFL. When he was 26 his team went 6-10 and he missed the Pro Bowl

Brady entered his prime in his 7th season and at age 30

I think it’s too early to talk about primes
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:32 AM 01-31-2022
Mahomes choked. Don't happen often but it did on Sunday.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:37 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Naw. I think the QB prime for the elite passers is really like 29-36.

By that point, the great QBs have seen everything. They’ve won games they shouldn’t have. They’ve lost games that shouldn’t have. They still have the physical skills to be great, but their minds are developed to just have a feel for the game on another level.

We’re just spoiled with how good Mahomes was so early. He’s only 26, so I think his real prime is a few years away.

Brady has said several times that he wishes he understood the game in his 20’s like he did in his 30’s. Mahomes is well ahead of that and will only get better.
That’s true. But in terms of team success, we might have already seen the peak. It would be like Big Ben and Russell Wilson. They were both much better QB’s at age 32 than age 25, but they won big in their earlier years with a better team surrounding them.

The biggest disappointment to me is the Chiefs’ very expensive defense has been shaky for 4 years. There was zero excuse to have the worst defense in the league back in 2018. It wasn’t the worst in 2020 and 2021, but the big money pass rush was not good enough and seemed to disappear in big games. We will see if they can figure out the defense with some cheaper players.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:37 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Naw. I think the QB prime for the elite passers is really like 29-36.

By that point, the great QBs have seen everything. They’ve won games they shouldn’t have. They’ve lost games that shouldn’t have. They still have the physical skills to be great, but their minds are developed to just have a feel for the game on another level.

We’re just spoiled with how good Mahomes was so early. He’s only 26, so I think his real prime is a few years away.

Brady has said several times that he wishes he understood the game in his 20’s like he did in his 30’s. Mahomes is well ahead of that and will only get better.
I didn't mean his personal prime, I meant as far as his production. Of course the front office will play a large part in that, as always. There will be some enormous shoes to fill on offense in the near future.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:39 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I watched Patrick overthrow two flat routes by two yards apiece.

I watched Patrick Elvis Grbac a throw into the flat with no timeouts.

I watched Patrick overthrow Pringle on a deep crosser.

I watched Patrick not pull the trigger to an open Kelce in the RZ with a chance to be a hero.

That ain't on Reid.
Yup - played scared.

This season played hell on his confidence. And I will always wonder what would've happened had we not had all those dropped/deflected picks early in the season. It took like 7-8 of those before you could see it really drain PM's confidence.

If he doesn't have that stretch in the back of his mind, does he still approach that second half as gunshy after that deflected interception? I mean he damn sure didn't vs. the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Residual doubt re-surfaced and it scared him out of his game. But like I said in the other thread, they can now shuck off the burden of legacy. The 'dynasty' shit is done. They're not the Patriots and they're not gonna be. But they could still pull off a 49ers kind of run if they redouble their focus and don't go into next season tripping over their own feet.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:42 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That’s true. But in terms of team success, we might have already seen the peak. It would be like Big Ben and Russell Wilson. They were both much better QB’s at age 32 than age 25, but they won big in their earlier years with a better team surrounding them.

The biggest disappointment to me is the Chiefs’ very expensive defense has been shaky for 4 years. There was zero excuse to have the worst defense in the league back in 2018. It wasn’t the worst in 2020 and 2021, but the big money pass rush was not good enough and seemed to disappear in big games. We will see if they can figure out the defense with some cheaper players.
You're going to have to swallow some pride and give this L to Mahomes.

Spags defense showed up. They gave up 20 points. Patrick handed them another 7.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:46 AM 01-31-2022

They only gave up 16 through regulation. They converted 2 after the Mahomes pick, so that’s 8 on him.

That should ALWAYS be a win.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:49 AM 01-31-2022

Patrick deserves most of the blame. He choked big time.

Defense should have forced a punt or at least a FG at 21-3 instead of a 70 yard TD drive. Joe Burrow scored 19 points against Tennessee and won because the defense held the Titans to 16 points. Actually, by your standards the Cincy defense only gave up 9 points. Tennessee scored a TD from Cincy 27 yard line after a Burrow interception.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup - played scared.

This season played hell on his confidence. And I will always wonder what would've happened had we not had all those dropped/deflected picks early in the season. It took like 7-8 of those before you could see it really drain PM's confidence.

If he doesn't have that stretch in the back of his mind, does he still approach that second half as gunshy after that deflected interception? I mean he damn sure didn't vs. the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Residual doubt re-surfaced and it scared him out of his game. But like I said in the other thread, they can now shuck off the burden of legacy. The 'dynasty' shit is done. They're not the Patriots and they're not gonna be. But they could still pull off a 49ers kind of run if they redouble their focus and don't go into next season tripping over their own feet.
I hated the dynasty talk bullshit when it started. That shit is beyond impossible.

Stop trying to duplicate another team or QB. Just go out and play your game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:56 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Patrick deserves most of the blame. He choked big time.

Defense should have forced a punt or at least a FG at 21-3 instead of a 70 yard TD drive. Joe Burrow scored 19 points against Tennessee and won because the defense held the Titans to 16 points. Actually, by your standards the Cincy defense only gave up 9 points. Tennessee scored a TD from Cincy 27 yard line after a Burrow interception.
Defense did their jobs. Mahomes spotted the Bengals 8 points with that INT to a DT on an RPO putting them deep in our own territory. Seriously can not get over how bad that play was.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:59 AM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Defense did their jobs. Mahomes spotted the Bengals 8 points with that INT to a DT on an RPO putting them deep in our own territory. Seriously can not get over how bad that play was.
That was a horrible mistake. He has to learn to respect the talent of the defenders. That was my feeling after the TJ Watt play in the wild card round. He needs to learn from this stuff. We will see if he does.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:29 PM 01-31-2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:49 PM 01-31-2022
JFC, make up a reason not to play in this shit...

.@PatrickMahomes is headed to Vegas! 🤩 #ProBowl

📺: 2022 Pro Bowl -- Sunday Feb. 6, 3pm ET on ESPN

TICKETS: https://t.co/QJ6qdfDpx0 pic.twitter.com/zN8a79Ai0S

— NFL (@NFL) January 31, 2022

[Reply]
Dante84 08:49 PM 01-31-2022
I refuse to dunk on the man who gave me the only Super Bowl win of my life.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:51 PM 01-31-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
JFC, make up a reason not to play in this shit...

Gross.
[Reply]
Page 2174 of 2684
« First < 1174167420742124216421702171217221732174 21752176217721782184222422742674 > Last »
Up