ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2154 of 2687
« First < 1154165420542104214421502151215221532154 21552156215721582164220422542654 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
tredadda 01:21 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Which I think is bullshit, Kelce has thrown some really really fucking good blocks this year. That could be recency bias because Kittle has played what, 3 games this year?
Very true, but it's what the supposed consensus is. Never mind that Kelce is already on a HOF trajectory if not a lock already while in the running as the best or at worst Top 5 TEs of all time. Kittle is better because he apparently blocks better.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:15 PM 01-19-2022
Dominic Foxworth= "Allen at his best is better than Mahomes at his best"

Marcelus Wiley= "Allen is the better QB..he can do everything better and is bigger, stronger and faster. I'd take Allen over the next five years"

Emmanuel Acho= "Allen is more talented and has a higher ceiling"

Greg Jennings= "Allen is going to outplay Mahomes on Sunday and beat him"

Chris Simms= "Allen is arguably the best player in football and has been better than Mahomes the last two years"

Keep em coming media..just keep em coming.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I noticed a lot of NOT-2 deep looks from the Steelers. Been curious to see some in depth breakdowns but haven't seen any yet.

Absolutely shocked they gave the Chiefs a look like that. I guess they thought the Chiefs can't produce big plays anymore. Gross miscalculation.
The Steelers came out in 2-deep shells and couldn't get the stops in the 2nd quarter. They went back to their base defense more in the 3rd and started giving those single high looks.

It's pretty simple - now that the Chiefs have learned some discipline and patience in the offense, opposing defenses have to choose between running out of time to catch up vs. letting the Chiefs score deep. Either way, the Chiefs are going to score and sitting back in cover 2 and letting the Chiefs control the clock, and the game, just isn't working anymore.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:43 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

Marcelus Wiley= "Allen is the better QB..he can do everything better and is bigger, stronger and faster. I'd take Allen over the next five years"

Chris Simms= "Allen is arguably the best player in football and has been better than Mahomes the last two years"

He doesn’t have to look hard to find motivation. We will see if he can prove them wrong.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:53 AM 01-20-2022
This is a great channel to watch if you want to learn about offensive play, and some defense. O'Sullivan's videos are always great.

https://youtu.be/WoIBklxgihU

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Steelers came out in 2-deep shells and couldn't get the stops in the 2nd quarter. They went back to their base defense more in the 3rd and started giving those single high looks.

It's pretty simple - now that the Chiefs have learned some discipline and patience in the offense, opposing defenses have to choose between running out of time to catch up vs. letting the Chiefs score deep. Either way, the Chiefs are going to score and sitting back in cover 2 and letting the Chiefs control the clock, and the game, just isn't working anymore.
That’s the major difference for us this week. The Bills have the best safety group in the league in Poyer/Hyde. They just put them in cover 2 and it hurt us last time.

Now we can let them out their safeties deep and kill them with screens, runs and short passes
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Jerrick McKinnon made a big difference against those 2-high looks. He has the explosion necessary to find space before the safeties can crash. Additionally, the screen game just worked significantly better with him in.

He's the Cover 2 killer we've been looking for in a lot of ways. They can't just keep those safeties deep if he's a threat to make a guy miss and take it 25 yards on a simple swing pass.

At the very least he presents a credible threat that will keep them honest.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:11 PM 01-20-2022

"I was wide open!"@PatrickMahomes wanted @TKelce to throw to him instead ��#NFLTurningPoint is streaming now on ESPN+ pic.twitter.com/A91cGwqrcd

— NFL Films (@NFLFilms) January 20, 2022

[Reply]
Kman34 12:38 PM 01-20-2022

If I was Andy I would print this shit out and tape it on Patricks locker before the game… Then profit…
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:57 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Keyshawn Johnson was on a segment that asked the question if Josh Allen had caught up to Mahomes, or passed him, and Foxworth and Kimes were kinda taking Allen, but Keyshawn laughed at them.

He listed Mahomes MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 3 consecutive AFC Championship games, 2 SB appearances, and 1 SB win, and asked how anyone could say Allen has caught up with Mahomes when he only has a couple of playoff wins.

He talked about how Mahomes has set the bar so high for himself that people have taken his play for granted, and when he isn't playing at that all world level, people start talking about how he is declining.

And we all know it's true. Mahomes didn't go for 50/5000? He must be regressing. The Chiefs didn't get the 1 seed? Mahomes must be regressing. The Chiefs lost at home to the Bills? Allen is obviously better than Mahomes.

I understand that Allen deserves praise for his play this year, and how he performed against the Patriots last week, but talking heads are so desperate for a new storyline that they ignore the games where Allen was not good.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
There’s a graph out there of Allen’s season and it’s an up and down zigzag. He’s due for a big down this week.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:00 PM 01-20-2022

Eh, what's that, Chris? Last two years, ya say?

So that super terribad loss to the Jaguars where Allen only got the Bills 6 points must have been in Allen's erratic rookie year.

Oh... it was THIS season? The season in which you officially claimed Allen has been better than Mahomes the past two years?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:02 PM 01-20-2022

It's a little disappointing to see Chris Simms on this list. I thought he was more intelligent than that.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:04 PM 01-20-2022
The NFLN is showing some stat for Mahomes across the bottom of the screen that Patrick has averaged over 301 yards per game in the regular season, for his career.

The highest average EVER!

Thats my QB :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:06 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
It's a little disappointing to see Chris Simms on this list. I thought he was more intelligent than that.
Eh. It was one line. He views them as 1a and 1b in terms of freaky ability.

He still views Mahomes as the #1 QB due to being more clutch and already proven. Allen has yet to show he can be big time clutch in big time games. He said exactly that just moments later after saying what he said above.
[Reply]
R Clark 01:08 PM 01-20-2022
Chris Simms is just another mouth piece for the network he’s on .
[Reply]
Page 2154 of 2687
« First < 1154165420542104214421502151215221532154 21552156215721582164220422542654 > Last »
Up