ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1664 of 2687
« First < 664116415641614165416601661166216631664 166516661667166816741714176421642664 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:45 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yes, but you're completely misrepresenting things by pretending Steph Curry was the player we know when he signed it.

He wasn't an all-star. He wasn't even ELIGIBLE for a max contract under the rules because it requires you to be an all-NBA player.
Didn’t Curry also have several ankle injuries early in his career? I think he was still trying to prove that he could physically last in the league. I may be wrong about that though
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:54 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So I thought this was always going to be a bullshit line.

But according to what I heard yesterday...it is not.

I'm murky on the details of how exactly it's going to play out in his contract, but whatever Mahomes signs, rest assured it will not hurt the Chiefs' cap situation inordinately in the future. This is his desire.
I won't get my hopes up.

Because as much as he desires it, his agent surely disagrees. I'd love to see it, but I can't expect it. It's not fair to him.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:02 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I've watched the Chiefs since the 80's. That blocked Steelers punt in the playoffs was one of the happiest times of my life and that Dee Ford penalty was one of the worst. You sign a 40 mil a year contract for ONE PLAYER then get ready for more Dee Ford's. The Chiefs can't be like this "InChiefsHell" guy and go into a negotiation perfectly willing to give Mahomes their entire ****ing Cap space. That's not how winning franchises build a dynasty around a quarterback.
YOU SAID YOU WOULD RATHER WIN A SUPERBOWL THAN PAY MAHOMES...YOU AIN'T GONNA WIN A SUPERBOWL WITHOUT HIM! WE'VE SEEN THIS GODDAM MOVIE FOR 50 FUCKING YEARS!!

Please explain how we are going to win a Superbowl without him...maybe we resign Alex fucking Smith...

You KEEP Mahomes no matter what. Having said that, I don't think the Chiefs are going to destroy their cap by signing him. The stars are aligned and he knows what's what. He'll do what's right to get paid and to make sure he's got a team around him that helps him get to a Superbowl...
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:05 PM 09-27-2019
Well now I've seen it all.

Give him whatever he wants. Period.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:25 PM 09-27-2019
I won't get my hopes up.

Because as much as he desires it, his agent surely disagrees. I'd love to see it, but I can't expect it. It's not fair to him.
He's already making a mint in endorsements...he's the hottest sports figure in the world.

I get the impression he likes winning more that money...football is his hobby.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:33 PM 09-27-2019
Whatever he signs for will be cheap by the end of his first deal. It's the second one that will really get crazy.

Is there a limit on these things? Can we give him a 10 year deal now?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:00 PM 09-27-2019
If he wins championships, his endorsements dwarf his NFL salary. Popularity is way more profitable than skill.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:06 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So I thought this was always going to be a bullshit line.

But according to what I heard yesterday...it is not.

I'm murky on the details of how exactly it's going to play out in his contract, but whatever Mahomes signs, rest assured it will not hurt the Chiefs' cap situation inordinately in the future. This is his desire.
Imagine all the money he’s making off endorsements too. His agent may want to go for 40 mil a year but Mahomes just doesn’t seem like that kind of person. I mean he fucking stays home and delivers postmates. He isn’t about that high stylish life. I bet his dad is in his ear too
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:17 PM 09-27-2019
Also consider how hard it is to blow all your money in KC.

Like you can only get so drunk. Not a lot of 2 grand bottle service places, even at the Plaza.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:23 PM 09-27-2019
Is it a Midwest thing to finally get the best of the best and want to go cheap with him?

It’d be great if he took a discount, sure - but if he wants a record setting contract, you give him a record setting contract.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:24 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Also consider how hard it is to blow all your money in KC.

Like you can only get so drunk. Not a lot of 2 grand bottle service places, even at the Plaza.
Or in Whitehouse TX, his family home. There apparently is no official count of how many people live in Whitehouse, TX a of 2018, but the unofficial population figure seems to be less than 8,000 souls.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Pat's ancestral home is not anything like New York city. Unless he decides to start buying combines by the dozen, his fortunes will be safe.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:07 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
If he wins championships, his endorsements dwarf his NFL salary. Popularity is way more profitable than skill.
His endorsements already dwarf his salary.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:21 PM 09-27-2019
I won't get my hopes up.

The problem is Dak. He’s about to get $38-40m per year from the Cowboys. Mahomes’ agent is not going to allow him to take a big discount compared to that. The only way they do it is for really strong guaranteed money. $33m per year for 4 years fully guaranteed.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:35 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Or in Whitehead TX, his family home. There apparently is no official count of how many people live in Whitehead, TX a of 2018, but the unofficial population figure seems to be less than 8,000 souls.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Pat's ancestral home is not anything like New York city. Unless he decides to start buying combines by the dozen, his fortunes will be safe.
Whitehouse, TX, not Whitehead.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:46 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Imagine all the money he’s making off endorsements too. His agent may want to go for 40 mil a year but Mahomes just doesn’t seem like that kind of person. I mean he fucking stays home and delivers postmates. He isn’t about that high stylish life. I bet his dad is in his ear too
A lot of people will say this viewpoint is naive and athletes have egos and will always want to maximize their earnings. And while that’s often the case, it becomes less clear in an environment where there’s a structured salary cap that creates a real zero sum game. And Mahomes knows that every million he gets is taking away from a corner like Ramsey or a better OL to protect him and those are the pieces needed to win a Super Bowl.

The guy is going to be insanely wealthy beyond his wildest dreams on endorsements alone. If anyone is going to see the longer term value in maximizing experiences and winning at the exclusion of immediately quantifiable wealth, it’s someone like him.

That said, no one could begrudge the guy if he pushes for every dollar he deserves. It just wouldn’t shock me if he saw value beyond that.
[Reply]
Page 1664 of 2687
« First < 664116415641614165416601661166216631664 166516661667166816741714176421642664 > Last »
Up