ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 158 of 256
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:31 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
:-) Told you. Are you still playing the same style?
I've been pretty judicious about my gear and upgrading costs a lot, so I've been using other weapons a lot, mainly daggers because I have some good ones.

I still don't use the bow much because it's still really underpowered. I don't like the thought of having to spec a bunch of +damage ranged gear and then end up in a fist fight underpowered.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:06 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm so addicted to AC Odyssey. I'm like halfway through the game, maybe a little less, and there's still so much to do.
:-) With a game as massive as Odyssey and your desire to complete every quest possible, I figured you'd either fall in love or get frustrated with the grind.

Odyssey really is great, though, and one of the most beautiful games I've ever played - up there with Final Fantasy X and Red Dead Redemption 2.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-) With a game as massive as Odyssey and your desire to complete every quest possible, I figured you'd either fall in love or get frustrated with the grind.

Odyssey really is great, though, and one of the most beautiful games I've ever played - up there with Final Fantasy X and Red Dead Redemption 2.
I've finally started passing up some of the random quests (the hourglass ones). There's so much to do, I have to prioritize. I even plan how I'm going to methodically explore the next area.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:16 PM 02-28-2022
I've finally started passing up some of the random quests (the hourglass ones). There's so much to do, I have to prioritize. I even plan how I'm going to methodically explore the next area.
Honestly, you have to. It's like the creators have made it their personal mission to craft the biggest fucking open world games with way too much shit to get done. You'd have to pour in 150+ hours to truly 100% these new RPG ACs.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:24 PM 02-28-2022
I've been pretty judicious about my gear and upgrading costs a lot, so I've been using other weapons a lot, mainly daggers because I have some good ones.

I still don't use the bow much because it's still really underpowered. I don't like the thought of having to spec a bunch of +damage ranged gear and then end up in a fist fight underpowered.
I am telling you, daggers are amazing. They aren’t the most powerful, but dat speed. Arachne’s Stingers allow for poison damage and if you can add fire damage to either the Atlantean Blade or Dagger of Kronus, you become almost unstoppable. You can still get some powerful bows (I personally like Hades Bow) and level up Ghost Arrows of Artemis for some fun headshots.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:26 PM 02-28-2022

Love FFX, I have RDR2 but never got too far into it. I might need to revisit it as I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. Problem is I get games because I plan to play them one day and end up never doing it. It’s such a waste of money. LOL.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 PM 02-28-2022
I am telling you, daggers are amazing. They aren’t the most powerful, but dat speed. Arachne’s Stingers allow for poison damage and if you can add fire damage to either the Atlantean Blade or Dagger of Kronus, you become almost unstoppable. You can still get some powerful bows (I personally like Hades Bow) and level up Ghost Arrows of Artemis for some fun headshots.
I might try out Ghost Arrows. Headshots are really unsatisfying when you hit the lowest level guy in a camp and he survives with a sliver of health left.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:31 PM 02-28-2022
By the way, for one on one battles, the short range of daggers is a big plus. You can easily make sure every single swing is a hit.

But in a crowd, they're worthless. I still use a spear for crowd control.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:34 PM 02-28-2022
Love FFX, I have RDR2 but never got too far into it. I might need to revisit it as I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. Problem is I get games because I plan to play them one day and end up never doing it. It’s such a waste of money. LOL.
I can't recommend RDR2 enough. I loved RDR and really took to RDR2 pretty quickly. I think it only took me a couple hours before I was hooked on that one, but I can see how others may not love it. Keeping up with the cores, cleaning weapons, carrying different clothes, etc. can be a bit tiresome until it becomes second nature. It truly is a beautiful game, though. Top notch.

And you sound like you've got the same problem my girlfriend has with books! Woman's got so many fucking books and she's always down for a Barnes & Noble trip.

I'm actually pretty good at staying on top of my game library. I think the only games I've got that I have not beaten yet are Last of Us, Shadow of War, and the Uncharted series. Oh, and obviously AC: Unity as I mentioned in this thread.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:35 PM 02-28-2022
I can't recommend RDR2 enough. I loved RDR and really took to RDR2 pretty quickly. I think it only took me a couple hours before I was hooked on that one, but I can see how others may not love it. Keeping up with the cores, cleaning weapons, carrying different clothes, etc. can be a bit tiresome until it becomes second nature. It truly is a beautiful game, though. Top notch.

And you sound like you've got the same problem my girlfriend has with books! Woman's got so many fucking books and she's always down for a Barnes & Noble trip.

I'm actually pretty good at staying on top of my game library. I think the only games I've got that I have not beaten yet are Last of Us, Shadow of War, and the Uncharted series. Oh, and obviously AC: Unity as I mentioned in this thread.
I finished Shadow of War right before I started Odyssey. I really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:06 PM 02-28-2022

:-) You should see my book collection. I am even worse with that. I do need to at least give RDR2 a try though before passing judgment on it. If I kept up on every game I had I would probably end up divorced and jobless. It’s that bad for me. I have heard Last of Us is phenomenal.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:32 PM 02-28-2022
:-) You should see my book collection. I am even worse with that. I do need to at least give RDR2 a try though before passing judgment on it. If I kept up on every game I had I would probably end up divorced and jobless. It’s that bad for me. I have heard Last of Us is phenomenal.
yes.....in my all-time top 5 for sure, along with Bioshock, and probably one of the uncharted games...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:35 PM 02-28-2022
Survival Horror games stress me out.

I love the idea of them, but games like The Last of Us and the earlier Resident Evils are difficult for me to get through.
[Reply]
Fish 11:19 PM 02-28-2022
RDR2 is absolutely in my top 5. That game really sucked me in. I got a ton of play time in that game. Some of the missions just had me grinning ear from ear. It did such a good job of building up the characters. There were those you really liked, and some you just totally fucking despised. I love the cowboy western setting. Spent so many hours just roaming around hunting and murdering. The thrill of pulling off a bank robbery or train robbery. Having 8 bounty hunters with 4 dogs chasing you down. Getting drunk with Lenny. LOL

Good times.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:06 AM 03-01-2022

$4.49 on Steam right now

$7.99 on steam 60% off
[Reply]
Page 158 of 256
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208 > Last »
Up