ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Media Center>Starfield (Skyrim in Space)
Hammock Parties 12:57 PM 02-08-2022
Let's gooo! 11-11-22

We've come to the beginning of humanity's final journey.

For all, into the starfield. pic.twitter.com/F1KOnxLBy4

— Starfield (@StarfieldGame) June 13, 2021

[Reply]
svistop 09:54 AM 03-18-2024
Starfield is the biggest disappointment in the gaming industry. I had high hopes for this game and was ready to sit up at night flying around different planets and studying their flora and fauna. But in fact, I barely got through this download simulator and immediately deleted it. I won't say it's the worst game of all time, but Todd shouldn't make any more games about space.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:46 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by svistop:
Starfield is the biggest disappointment in the gaming industry. I had high hopes for this game and was ready to sit up at night flying around different planets and studying their flora and fauna. But in fact, I barely got through this download simulator and immediately deleted it. I won't say it's the worst game of all time, but Todd shouldn't make any more games about space.
There are aspects of it that are a lot of fun. I love building ships, boarding and capturing ships, modding my weapons and armor, and crafting/using the cool performance-enhancing drugs. I even like exploring the procedurally generated planets, but I mainly do it so I can kill shit and farm resources and experience points. Even the base building can be fun.

But yeah, this game is a far cry from Skyrim or Fallout. The main questline is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. It makes no sense, and nothing is ever really explained. Hunting for baby Shaun in Fallout 4 is a stroll in the park by comparison. The Constellation characters are mostly awful, particularly Barrett, who is far and away the worst game companion in the history of game companions. And what I wouldn't give to be able to shoot Cora and Matteo and especially Barrett in the fucking face and actually permanently kill them. Advancing the main story, particularly late in the game, is like taking out the garbage in a hailstorm and then going to the dentist for a root canal.

And don't even get me started on the fucking bugs. That's another thing that makes later stages of the game suck. As you build up more and more outposts, it really seems to make the game twitchy as hell. I used to try to build enough bases so that I could harvest every available resource, but now there are some things I just buy instead.

Overall the good outweighs the bad. I just mostly play so that I limit my exposure to the bad stuff.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:11 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
There are aspects of it that are a lot of fun. I love building ships, boarding and capturing ships, modding my weapons and armor, and crafting/using the cool performance-enhancing drugs. I even like exploring the procedurally generated planets, but I mainly do it so I can kill shit and farm resources and experience points. Even the base building can be fun.

But yeah, this game is a far cry from Skyrim or Fallout. The main questline is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. It makes no sense, and nothing is ever really explained. Hunting for baby Shaun in Fallout 4 is a stroll in the park by comparison. The Constellation characters are mostly awful, particularly Barrett, who is far and away the worst game companion in the history of game companions. And what I wouldn't give to be able to shoot Cora and Matteo and especially Barrett in the fucking face and actually permanently kill them. Advancing the main story, particularly late in the game, is like taking out the garbage in a hailstorm and then going to the dentist for a root canal.

And don't even get me started on the fucking bugs. That's another thing that makes later stages of the game suck. As you build up more and more outposts, it really seems to make the game twitchy as hell. I used to try to build enough bases so that I could harvest every available resource, but now there are some things I just buy instead.

Overall the good outweighs the bad. I just mostly play so that I limit my exposure to the bad stuff.
Still waiting for the modding tools though, should make the experience even that much better.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:32 AM 03-19-2024
I haven't played the game since I rage quit the day after the patch that was supposed to fix the Ryujin questline bug where the NPC you're supposed to turn the quest in to spawns outside the map.

Using speed run option in the ng+ to quickly loop through the multiverses and see the different iterations of characters was fun, as well as maxing out the starborn powers I liked. Slow time is absolutely op and ridiculously epic.

Didn't like that when going ng+ you lost all your money weapons and ships. That's kinda the point of ng+ right? To keep all your hard earned stuff.

Shipbuilding was fun. I had a Millenium Falcon, Ebon Hawk, Batwing, Serenity, and Star Destroyer build.

It was really fun in certain aspects, but absolutely rage inducing in others.

Mods will benefit this game greatly when once again, the mod community helps the game achieve its true potential.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:28 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by svistop:
He had a good run.

He should retire.

Once upon a time I was looking forward to Elder Scrolls VI.

Yea, right. Not going to be fooled. Even if it is released before I end up in a nursing home...
[Reply]
Frazod 07:40 PM 03-27-2024
Well, in my current run I've gotten up to level 101, mainly by farming the crap out of hostile worlds and avoiding the main quest line. It's time to bite the bullet and complete the last series of mostly odious main missions so I can move on to the first starborn playthrough.

Perhaps Bethesda has been tinkering with this a bit, because this last run has been nearly bug free. Sure, there's still some minor stuff here and there, but none of the awful herpes stuff that sticks with you and wrecks shit. Never had any issues boarding/capturing ships, for example, and I boarded and captured loads of them. One thing I've done is keep my settlements really basic, which I think may have helped.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 16
« First < 61213141516
Up