ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA initiates investigation into concussion protocols after Tua injury
tk13 03:37 PM 09-25-2022
This didn't take long.

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2022

#Tua will be ruled out for @MiamiDolphins vs @BuffaloBills.
Outward signs of head injury means ruled out even if clears the concussion protocol. pic.twitter.com/Lj2AKO5D1A

— David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:23 PM 10-01-2022

The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa during Sunday's game against the Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, according to ESPN and multiple reports.

More: https://t.co/dbLlvWGQAU pic.twitter.com/PormVRdxpI

— ESPN (@espn) October 1, 2022

[Reply]
SupDock 01:51 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
The team can't fire them for not clearing the team's player.

So they are independent of the team. But sure, somebody is still paying them, but they get paid whether they clear a player or not.

What's the alternative?

Base the clearance on tweets from doctors watching the game on TV?

:-)
Exactly. Good luck finding Docs to do it for free and take on the liability.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:54 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So he's all but confirmed to have had a concussion Sunday and got what we can all assume is a much worse second concussion Thursday. Really hope his life isn't significantly impacted moving forward.

Two concussions in 4 days has killed people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SupDock 01:57 PM 10-01-2022
The other thing I read, is that if you are in the protocol, it takes 5 steps, and each step takes a day. Sunday to Thursday is not enough time to clear the protocol, so it seems like he was not in the protocol after Thursdays game

I guess that makes since, because how can he return to the game and then enter the protocol.

It looks even worse now, though.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:05 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So they work for the NFLPA?

Time to stop claiming they work for the NFL so it’s rigged. Dude obviously fucked up. Not a conspiracy theory after all. Weird.
You are such a buttfucking moron. 100%
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:06 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
They found their fall guy.

It's not like a dozen people didn't know.
Yeah, they're probably like "you get to keep all the money in your contract. And here's $150,000 for you to sign this NDA and you can go back to your private practice now" with a wink and a pat on the head.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:08 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
The team can't fire them for not clearing the team's player.

So they are independent of the team. But sure, somebody is still paying them, but they get paid whether they clear a player or not.

What's the alternative?

Base the clearance on tweets from doctors watching the game on TV?

:-)
But he's NOT "unaffiliated".

There is no such thing. The NFLPA who pays these doctors ARE the affiliation. And don't think the NFLPA isn't just a dog and pony show to keep the thing looking like it's on the up and up.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:50 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
You are such a butt****ing moron. 100%
I would go with conspiracy! That’s usually the intelligent route.

The doc just got fired by the NFLPA if that doesn’t tell you something don’t call other people stupid.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:53 PM 10-01-2022
What about the Dolphin coaching staff? Any idiot could see the kid wasn't right
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:25 PM 10-01-2022
So apparently gross motor instability does not require entry into the concussion protocol if the team/independent doctors determine that the instability was orthopedic.

Convenient.
[Reply]
SupDock 10-01-2022, 04:37 PM
This message has been deleted by SupDock.
rabblerouser 05:19 PM 10-01-2022
No one wants to talk about the UNFLAGGED belly-to-back suplex that CAUSED this injury?

I mean, we could legitimately be talking about "Will Travis Kelce ever play again" after Derwin James did the same shit without getting a flag. And just like Tua, Kelce was the ballcarrier, so it's not like "they missed it", because if you're not watching the ballcarrier, WTF are you looking at? How'd you blow the play dead?

Fuck the NFL. Fuck them in their stupid fucking asses.

They truly are clown shoes.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:21 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I would go with conspiracy! That’s usually the intelligent route.

The doc just got fired by the NFLPA if that doesn’t tell you something don’t call other people stupid.
Then quit trolling me around the board and being stupid about it.

Dude, the doctor is a fall guy.

The NFL wants no blowback from this.

So how convenient.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:22 PM 10-01-2022
NBC nightly news said brain stem injury. If even remotely true he needs an injury settlement of a full contract payout. Banned for life, too risky
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:23 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
What about the Dolphin coaching staff? Any idiot could see the kid wasn't right
The NFL wanted Tua on the field to beat Buffalo and take the field for "Tua vs Burrow - The Pro Years" for high ratings because Amazon and money.

Doesn't matter that Bridgewater may be the better QB for the team.

They wanted Tua in the rematch with Burrow.

And they got it.

I guess.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:23 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
NBC nightly news said brain stem injury. If even remotely true he needs an injury settlement of a full contract payout. Banned for life, too risky
He'll get paid.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up