ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 39
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
penguinz 01:53 PM 07-06-2022
If you really want to go crazy then https://swoleam.com/ will prescribe 'real steroids' after 8 weeks if you are interested.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
If you really want to go crazy then https://swoleam.com/ will prescribe 'real steroids' after 8 weeks if you are interested.
How is that shit legal?
[Reply]
penguinz 02:08 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How is that shit legal?
It is prescribed by a doctor that has the licensing to subscribe those substances. As long as properly administered, monitored and not abused they are safe, if not safer, than just about any other substance you will ever be prescribed.
[Reply]
loochy 03:02 PM 07-06-2022
Lol, $4 a day. F that.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:11 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Lol, $4 a day. F that.
I wouldn't pay it. There is a market for it though. Pretty much same mindset as most of the people getting medical mmj cards... "It was prescribed to me so it does not make me a bad person if I use it."
[Reply]
loochy 04:15 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
My grip strength is trash
Then work on grip. Get some grippers or do heavy overhand deadlifts or just pick up heavy stuff all the time.

Do you ever watch jujimufu videos? He's a grip fanatic. Just search "jujimufu grip" on youtube and watch all the stuff he and his friends do.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:02 PM 07-06-2022
I have another question. I do an upper/lower split but will start doing a HIIT class on Saturdays (I want to get my cardio up and it's good for socializing) Since this class is a HIIT circuit where you hit a little of everything I'm thinking the day before is a day off. What should I do for the day after? Is it still OK to hit the upper lift the following day?
[Reply]
penguinz 09:07 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I have another question. I do an upper/lower split but will start doing a HIIT class on Saturdays (I want to get my cardio up and it's good for socializing) Since this class is a HIIT circuit where you hit a little of everything I'm thinking the day before is a day off. What should I do for the day after? Is it still OK to hit the upper lift the following day?
What is your schedule for your lifting sessions? A
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:42 AM 07-07-2022
What is your schedule for your lifting sessions? A
Usually....

Sun upper
Mon lower
Tues off or cardio/abs
Wed Upper
Thurs lower
Fri off
Sat Off
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:00 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Then work on grip. Get some grippers or do heavy overhand deadlifts or just pick up heavy stuff all the time.

Do you ever watch jujimufu videos? He's a grip fanatic. Just search "jujimufu grip" on youtube and watch all the stuff he and his friends do.
No, I've never heard of that guy.

I just haven't been training grip lately since I've been lifting primarily at Planet Fitness for the last few years. I was deadlifting in my office's gym yesterday and the bar started slipping out of my hand on the sixth rep so that annoyed me (was only doing 210 as a part of the warmup).

I literally don't even have callouses on my hands anymore.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:02 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Usually....

Sun upper
Mon lower
Tues off or cardio/abs
Wed Upper
Thurs lower
Fri off
Sat Off
Can you just push everything forward a day so you still have a rest day after?

Mon upper
Tues lower
Wed rest/abs/cardio
thurs upper
fri lower
sat hiit
sun off

Depending on how intense the lifting in in the HIIT class is you should be good keeping current schedule or pushing it a day.

Personally I have always preferred a push/pull vs upper lower if not just going with the bro workout.

Mon Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Tues Back, biceps, traps
Wed Legs
Thur Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Fri Back, biceps, traps
Sat/Sun Rest

If you went with something like that it would give you your sat for hiit and a rest day after.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:04 AM 07-07-2022
Generally speaking, my forearms have never been a point of pride for my physique anyway.

I'd like to make a concerted effort to focus on forearms, abs, quads, hammies, glutes, and calves moving forward.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:05 AM 07-07-2022
No, I've never heard of that guy.

I just haven't been training grip lately since I've been lifting primarily at Planet Fitness for the last few years. I was deadlifting in my office's gym yesterday and the bar started slipping out of my hand on the sixth rep so that annoyed me (was only doing 210 as a part of the warmup).

I literally don't even have callouses on my hands anymore.
Try a mixed grip. It can help to a point. If you need to go heavier than your grip will allow I would recommend Versa Grips.

[Reply]
penguinz 10:07 AM 07-07-2022
Generally speaking, my forearms have never been a point of pride for my physique anyway.

I'd like to make a concerted effort to focus on forearms, abs, quads, hammies, glutes, and calves moving forward.
For many forearms and calves have to be over-trained to get any growth. They are both muscle groups that you can blast daily and be fine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:17 AM 07-07-2022
For many forearms and calves have to be over-trained to get any growth. They are both muscle groups that you can blast daily and be fine.
I've actually seen a bit of growth in my calves lately by adding a run to/from the gym and focusing more on pausing at the top and bottom of each rep. I was definitely the guy who was bouncing the weight while doing calf raises and just wasn't aware that that wasn't doing much for the actual muscle.

I've got a long way to go, regardless. For years I neglected legs in favor of sexy arm and chest workouts and now I'm paying for it. I have the upper body of a 180 pound dude who's lifted consistently for years to go with the lower body of a 145 pounder who lifts occasionally.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 39
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up